* Spider-Man (Original) *

Options

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    how soon will 1* spiderman be in standard tokens?

sorry if asked already

Monday.
  • kuribosshoe
    Options
    I'll definitely slot this guy if only to use him in ddq combined arms and balance of power.

Cool costume, and he actually can hit stuff.

I'd like to see more one-stars, along with reasons to use them.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Art is on point; I hope this marks the first steps into a new world.
    Also thoroughly excited at the idea of a scrappy fighter Spider-Man even if it's just a 1* version. I wonder if there's a way to see the look of horror on the new players faces as they finally leave the 1* tier behind for the 2* and 3* tiers only to discover that Spider-Man got beat around the head with a lead pipe.
    IceIX wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    So here is a question if we turn the tutorial back on will the vets get to try spidey out?
    No, but he'll be available for vets to pick up. And being a 1*, that means you'll be selling excess copies pretty quickly. Assuming of course you give the poor guy a roster slot.

Edit: I'm really interested a month or two from now to see how many vets have Ditko Spidey in their roster versus Bag-Man.

I'd be fairly interested in seeing how many vets have Bag-Man currently - I'd say it's already mostly just the collectors. In fact, how many non-vets have Bag-Man? He's never been an essential, and he's not a part of any transition team. Vets are actually more likely to have the luxury of a "spare" roster slot, newbies get to experience the "fun" of deciding which covers to keep because they don't have the roster slots available.

I kicked a guy outta my alliance once for having BagMan in his roster. icon_e_smile.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pose missing
    dormthumb.php?w=500&src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dormstormer.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2Fspiderman-dat-****.jpg
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pretty disappointed that they didn't use this opportunity to revamp Spider-Man's base art (like they did Wolverine). His long-**** arms in his character select pose have always creeped me the hell out.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In Roaches, only 2 of us have a Bagman, and neither of us have put any ISO into him.

I still have a suspicion that they'll spring an event on us where he's the 2* essential.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blinktag wrote:
    Three powers on a 1*? A bit unusual for those who aren't billionaire playboy philanthropists.

What are everyone's thoughts on optimum build?
    Probably 3/5/5 once you have left the one-star phase. The utility of stun and critical tiles beats the damage any day.
  • Between this guy and 1* Storm that will be all colours covered. Looks like 1* Iron Man's days on my roster may be numbered.

Also surprised no one is lobbying for the Iron Spider. No one else thinks the Iron Spider is as cool if not cooler than the black suit?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    So here is a question if we turn the tutorial back on will the vets get to try spidey out?
    No, but he'll be available for vets to pick up. And being a 1*, that means you'll be selling excess copies pretty quickly. Assuming of course you give the poor guy a roster slot.

Edit: I'm really interested a month or two from now to see how many vets have Ditko Spidey in their roster versus Bag-Man.

Count me in as one of those vets. I've got a 5/3/5 lvl 15 Bag-Man. Wouldn't mind having both, but HP is scarce since I started building dupes.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    any thoughts for a 1* only story with spider man boosted where he traveled back in time to help rescue 3* spiderman as doc oc has captured him and is trying make superior spiderman and depending on how the player base does we get either black suit spiderman as the next 4* or we loose we get superior spiderman as the next 4* it could be a cast your vote at the end of the story where doc oc explains compellingly that spiderman can't protect them from up coming threat *teaser teaser* and needs to take him over and make the choices spiderman can't make.....

but then again that would be asking for new content besides new characters and that seems to be asking too much from this dev team. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heartburn wrote:
    but then again that would be asking for new content besides new characters and that seems to be asking too much from this dev team. icon_rolleyes.gif
    They did just say the prologue is getting a makeover. I might start a second account just to try it out. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Adding my voice to the clamour that this very well signifies a buff for 3* Spidey. New players that get started with this Spidey will be VERY disappointed when they realise that their shiny new 3* Spider-Man is actually relatively weaker than the 1* one.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't wait to play against the Level 395 version in PVE for a new 4* character.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wouldn't mind if 3star Spidey became a lazy version of this one.

It's great for new players to get a fan favourite early in the game. I remember i was exited and a bit disappointed about Bag-Man when i started - exited because he's Spider-Man, disappointed because it's the obscure Bag-Man version - i learned about game value later icon_e_wink.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Since I have a gotta catch em all mentality (every character/color cover in the game), I guess I'll have to buy a slot for 1* SM. Will I get to use it much? That's the more relevant question to me personally.
  • ThePLAV
    ThePLAV Posts: 28
    Options
    Kinda disappointed this isn't Gwen Stacy. Prolly won't see another Spidey until 5* are introduced. Unless they separate Miles like Kamala.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've always wondered what it would look like to have Venom actually eat a character! Though the animation is different, having the character zero out and disappear would be pretty satisfying.
  • I think it's interesting that Venom dominates this character. It relies on web tiles, but there's no ability here that gets rid of web tiles. If you use his abilities too much, Gargan's only 12 black from downing any character.

His purple looks great, especially against goons. He could conceivably be used as a utility character 3/5/5 with teams needing purple/blue active coverage. Will probably waste a roster slot on him... because he's spiderman. Hope the art is good. Can see new players using him with Storm for rainbow active coverage, and him tanking.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/0/5 for team ups, 5/3/5 to use in DDQ.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    May finally get to see venom eat someone whole!