* Spider-Man (Original) *

Options

Comments

• Haetron wrote:
    I just realized, another question.

Will these covers be available if we purchase standard tokens with ISO?

I know apparently only 1 stars drop, if that's used, but he is a 1 star, so...

The additional covers for a 1* are also only 50hp/ea ... so you can whale him for 5 bucks!

(And 28.4K iso8.png assuming a level cap of 50)

I am actually debating doing that, just because I specifically requested this quite awhile ago. Putting my money where my mouth is, so to speak.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=30200

Im sure Im not the only one to suggest it though, and Im not gonna be a forum troll and post a victory lap there. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if one of the main reasons for this new 1* release has to do with the upcoming retail version of MPQ: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=21&t=31895

Regardless, this is huge for new players especially against Juggs in the prologue. It takes forever to build up enough blue with MBW but Spidey should be much quicker! I cannot wait to use him paired with Venom/Bullseye.

1* Wolverine next? icon_e_wink.gif
  • I thought we were done with abilities that reduce in cost as you cover them. Why does this blue cost 8 to begin with and 6 at 5 covers?
  • I'll definitely slot this guy if only to use him in ddq combined arms and balance of power.

Cool costume, and he actually can hit stuff.

I'd like to see more one-stars, along with reasons to use them.

Meh. I won't be using his red for DDQ or BoP as Juggs dominates that department. I already have a 3 match stun (for 5 turns no less) in MBW, and I REALLY hate random crit tile powers. Like... so much. Plus every single 1* player has IM35 as his core hero. This redflag.png doesn't really hold a canlde to that redflag.png since the cost difference from 9 to 10 especially in 1* land is minimal. I mean, I guess Spiderman has more HP than Iron Man (What, really? Yes by 54 whole HP) so you COULD ditch IM35 in favor of this guy, but why?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Meh. I won't be using his red for DDQ or BoP as Juggs dominates that department. I already have a 3 match stun (for 5 turns no less) in MBW, and I REALLY hate random crit tile powers. Like... so much. Plus every single 1* player has IM35 as his core hero. This redflag.png doesn't really hold a canlde to that redflag.png since the cost difference from 9 to 10 especially in 1* land is minimal. I mean, I guess Spiderman has more HP than Iron Man (What, really? Yes by 54 whole HP) so you COULD ditch IM35 in favor of this guy, but why?
    Because Iron Man's Blue stun is expensive and using Black Widow's stun means you're using Black Widow? Spider-Man combines both damage and stun into one character, leaving the other two slots open. Sure, Iron Man does damage better and Black Widow does Stun better, but as the wise little girl in the Old El Paso commercial said, "Why not both?"
  • Im guessing there's no further 1 star plans to discuss at this time? It'd be really nice to see BW and Hawkeye get 3rd abilities, and Venom maybe as well, (put down the pitchforks forumgoers, I know that might make him worse to fight) just for level cap equality.

Juggs, well, Juggs is a lost cause. He is already broken for his level, so nothing could be added.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Im guessing there's no further 1 star plans to discuss at this time? It'd be really nice to see BW and Hawkeye get 3rd abilities, and Venom maybe as well, (put down the pitchforks forumgoers, I know that might make him worse to fight) just for level cap equality.

Juggs, well, Juggs is a lost cause. He is already broken for his level, so nothing could be added.
    Man. Yelena doesn't even get a mention here either. Poor lady.

Nothing to announce at current, no. We are definitely aware of both the 2 ability characters and various characters that could use touch-ups though. They're definitely on our list of to-dos.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Im guessing there's no further 1 star plans to discuss at this time? It'd be really nice to see BW and Hawkeye get 3rd abilities, and Venom maybe as well, (put down the pitchforks forumgoers, I know that might make him worse to fight) just for level cap equality.

Nothing to announce at current, no. We are definitely aware of both the 2 ability characters and various characters that could use touch-ups though. They're definitely on our list of to-dos.

XD. Yelena has an AWESOME possible ability, comics wise, that tech already exists for, but I suspect players would go nuts trying to fight her with it. Super Adaptoids are kind of annoying like that.
  • IceIX wrote:

Any thought to replacing the 3 star's current yellow power with a properly scaled version of the 1 star's red power?
  • papa07 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Any thought to replacing the 3 star's current yellow power with a properly scaled version of the 1 star's red power?

I don't think people realize just how badly that can play out for the dev-team. There's possibly plenty of people just fine with Spidey as is, and would hate the change, but they're quiet now, because they're happy with him. Changing the existing characters entire powers is a drastic step that can't just be casually done.

I honestly would prefer him be an alt 3 star instead, as either Ben Reilly Sensational or Kaine Scarlet Spider (that crit ability would really fit him, imo) or something, and have both available as options. Maybe code them so they can both count as essentials whenever spidey comes up, if that's possible.
  • Dev93L
    Dev93L Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Suggestion/request, add this guy's covers to the friend rewards. Yeah we will cover him decently quick, but why not?

Also, I strongly (strongly) feel 3* Spidey gets buffs or a new kit at some point, so we will just have to be patient for now. Hell, with all this web tile generation we might even get Eddy Brock as Venom. Agent Venom would be great.

We will probably see a 4* Black suit/Symbiote Spidey at some point as well.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With civil war movie coming out I feel like we might be more likely to see the iron spider, or miles then black suit.

tumblr_m7pd3fFKIb1rvm4udo1_540.jpg
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dev93L wrote:
    Suggestion/request, add this guy's covers to the friend rewards. Yeah we will cover him decently quick, but why not?

As a 1*, when he does get rewarded via drop (after winning a match), he would qualify to be sent out to 10 FB friends.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    I honestly would prefer him be an alt 3 star instead, as either Ben Reilly Sensational or Kaine Scarlet Spider (that crit ability would really fit him, imo) or something, and have both available as options. Maybe code them so they can both count as essentials whenever spidey comes up, if that's possible.
    Definitely possible, we've had some nodes in the past that accepted either Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel as tests of just that when 2* Carol came around.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Haetron wrote:

interesting to hear.....so you do have plans to change current characters!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Sure, Iron Man does damage better and Black Widow does Stun better, but as the wise little girl in the Old El Paso commercial said, "Why not both?"

Spoken like a real salesman. .. for slots! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Because Iron Man's Blue stun is expensive and using Black Widow's stun means you're using Black Widow? Spider-Man combines both damage and stun into one character, leaving the other two slots open. Sure, Iron Man does damage better and Black Widow does Stun better, but as the wise little girl in the Old El Paso commercial said, "Why not both?"

So you are saying using Black Widow is a BAD thing? Really? Because she is pretty super cool.

I'm really trying hard to see this from a new player's perspective. I guess it's not terrible that Spider-Man/Storm offer a full rainbow set of abilities that are not bad, but why would you need a duo queue in 1* land? To compete competitively in PvP? icon_lol.gif And the sheer amount of IM35 covers you can get early means that Spider Man has to compete for roster space against him right from go.

I don't need less damage, and less stun, and ever so slightly more HP on one character when you fight with teams of 3. And thanks to being stuck at level 40, IM35 tanks blue for MBW anyway. O.Spidey has only 1 thing going for him over IM35 in my opinion, and that's as a Venom feeder for devouring large PvE targets whole as a 1* player.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    I guess it's not terrible that Spider-Man/Storm offer a full rainbow set of abilities that are not bad, but why would you need a duo queue in 1* land?

Because 1* land is still no cake walk and having an ideal "Rainbow" team will make life easier. Sure, the first "Sub" HAMMER is pretty much a cake walk, but the Juggernaut Sub will kick your face in repeatedly until you learn the basics.
  • Haetron wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    I guess it's not terrible that Spider-Man/Storm offer a full rainbow set of abilities that are not bad, but why would you need a duo queue in 1* land?

Because 1* land is still no cake walk and having an ideal "Rainbow" team will make life easier. Sure, the first "Sub" HAMMER is pretty much a cake walk, but the Juggernaut Sub will kick your face in repeatedly until you learn the basics.

The "ideal" rainbow team contains 3 members. And IM35/Storm/MBW still covers it, quite well actually. I just can't see trading out MBW for O.Spidey there. (Also I keep picturing Spider-Man in a Leprechaun hat when I type that icon_e_smile.gif )
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    The "ideal" rainbow team contains 3 members. And IM35/Storm/MBW still covers it, quite well actually. I just can't see trading out MBW for O.Spidey there. (Also I keep picturing Spider-Man in a Leprechaun hat when I type that icon_e_smile.gif )
    I could see keeping Storm and trading IM/Widow for Spidey/Venom though.

Also, just in case there is a change to 3* Spidey based on these powers in the future, it would be really nice to plan ahead and leave room for some kind of synergy and/or counter play with a possible higher rarity Venom also? Pretty please? icon_e_smile.gif