* Spider-Man (Original) *

Options

Comments

• daibar wrote:
    I think it's interesting that Venom dominates this character. It relies on web tiles, but there's no ability here that gets rid of web tiles. If you use his abilities too much, Gargan's only 12 black from downing any character.

His purple looks great, especially against goons. He could conceivably be used as a utility character 3/5/5 with teams needing purple/blue active coverage. Will probably waste a roster slot on him... because he's spiderman. Hope the art is good. Can see new players using him with Storm for rainbow active coverage, and him tanking.

His art is in the announcement forum, I believe. It looks pretty good, they're going for ditko era webbed arms suit and I like it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof wrote:
    May finally get to see venom eat someone whole!

And as pointed out on the character thread, it may be while fighting him if you aren't careful.

So, are Spidey's web tiles the same as Venom's for the purpose of devour?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Team-mate had an epic suggestion: this guy should come with his own event, which rewards a roster-slot space for him. Or have 1,000 HP reward for progression, so you can buy that roster slot I guess.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay, it's utterly batty nuggets that this 1* has way, WAY better abilities than his 3* counterpart.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Team-mate had an epic suggestion: this guy should come with his own event, which rewards a roster-slot space for him. Or have 1,000 HP reward for progression, so you can buy that roster slot I guess.
    Technically he does, he just doesn't come with the slot. He's for the new introduction for the game dropping next patch.
  • Okay, it's utterly batty nuggets that this 1* has way, WAY better abilities than his 3* counterpart.

Eh, it's later in the game's life cycle and the dev team inevitably has developed a better grasp of the game. It happens in any game with ongoing content updates. (There will also always be players who proclaim the game is getting worse as they do so.)

I think I would still prefer 3 star spidey's purple.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

And as pointed out on the character thread, it may be while fighting him if you aren't careful.

3*s always have been...Bag-Man's are different tho...I think.

The web tiles Bag-Man places with Switcheroo are the same as Venom's and 1*/3* Spidey's. The "webbed-up" locked tiles created with Web-Slinger are their own thing.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wasn't there a 2* Cyclops that was supposed to be released back in April? What happened to that?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wasn't there a 2* Cyclops that was supposed to be released back in April? What happened to that?

he is on a trip with icon_ironpatriot.png
  • i wish this is ben reilly version so i can use 3 web slinger at once!
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    I think it's interesting that Venom dominates this character. It relies on web tiles, but there's no ability here that gets rid of web tiles. If you use his abilities too much, Gargan's only 12 black from downing any character.
    I think placing 4 crits has a good chance to cause cascades that will get rid of a few Web tiles.
  • Oh this is such an exciting news!!! I'm going to buy HP to roster it!!!

Sorry, I just can't help being sarcastic
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blinktag wrote:
    Three powers on a 1*? A bit unusual for those who aren't billionaire playboy philanthropists.

... or mutant weather manipulators.
    What are everyone's thoughts on optimum build?
    I'm thinking 3/5/5. Sacrifice <200 of damage on red (and that's only if there are web tiles out), minimize AP costs, maximize web tile placement -- then focus on stuns and criticals.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Yep, Web tiles are Web tiles.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

And this is one of the reasons we shut down the spoiler thread. There are around a dozen characters and a half dozen big features that made it through some point in code but got shelved for one reason or another. It'll happen in the future as well. So data mining and speculation isn't always the best way to build hype. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Yep, Web tiles are Web tiles.

^ This changes things.. i current have MBW, IM35, and Storm as my 1*s for DDQ.. looks like i may go Spidey, Venom, Juggs.. all that wasted iso .. but, imagine that team in BoP
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I'm going to absolutely cringe when I finally get a 1* spidey cover. Why? Because I will then spend 1,000 hp to buy a slot for it! icon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_redface.gif And whenever I get more covers, I'll have to spend precious iso on him too. icon_cry.gif
  • wasn't there a 2* Cyclops that was supposed to be released back in April? What happened to that?
    Shhhh.....D3 is watching. Just put on a smile and say 'buff spiderman' to detract attention from yourself
    IceIX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

And this is one of the reasons we shut down the spoiler thread. There are around a dozen characters and a half dozen big features that made it through some point in code but got shelved for one reason or another. It'll happen in the future as well. So data mining and speculation isn't always the best way to build hype. icon_e_smile.gif
    too late!
  • I just realized, another question.

Will these covers be available if we purchase standard tokens with ISO?

I know apparently only 1 stars drop, if that's used, but he is a 1 star, so...
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    I just realized, another question.

Will these covers be available if we purchase standard tokens with ISO?

I know apparently only 1 stars drop, if that's used, but he is a 1 star, so...

Since they will be in token_standard.png then, yes, each 500 iso is a token_standard.png , like spending 200 HP on token_heroic.png

So, whence Monday comes, have at it!