* Spider-Man (Original) *

Options

Comments

• binarypillbug
    Options
    Ice, how will the release work for this character? Will they just be slotted into standard tokens, or will there be a release event for them?

I have a feeling this release will have something to do with the "fresh, new player experience" mentioned in the patch notes.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is a 1* spiderman, but could be Howard The Duck!!! (or Pym ant-man)
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it's 1* Spidey, I vote for Itsy Bitsy Spider as a character nickname.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So whatever happened to the idea that "Cost 1 less AP" was a poor incremental rank bonus for abilities? There was a whole big thing about removing or changing abilities that worked that way.

So, this character is Spider-Man; our loveable 3* Spidey was one of the original culprits of the reducing cost abilities, and it was his blue ability, and it had a stun. 1* Spider-Man is being cobbled together from outdated design & code. Which is fine.

It's not Miles, and I don't think Spider-Gwen is going to get the 1* treatment, so I'm inclined to go with that "Original" Spidey that was leaked/teased a while back.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    when you have a spare slot

19g5759m88l89jpg_zps581wt7aw.jpg
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This does seem very Spider-Man-y; is this the current Bag-Man, just shuffled down a tier and now, perhaps, maybe useable?

The other person that stands out (maybe a lot) is a 3rd power to Hawkeye... but the unique character tile throws stuff off in this assumption.

Other candidates based on colour include 1* Magneto (based on the 2*) and 1* Daredevil.

A rework to 1* Black Widow also gets a note here.

Also... if this is 1* Spider-Man, is this going to be the template for the one day eventual 3* redo?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    when you have a spare slot

19g5759m88l89jpg_zps581wt7aw.jpg
    14GBauP.png
    It can be done. Also, I need more Iso.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    It can be done. Also, I need more Iso.
    I'll swap you for some of your HP; I have ISO that I am not using at the moment but really need roster slots for missing 1*s and 4*s and all the upcoming characters. icon_e_geek.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_lol.gif
  • If somehow it IS Howard... I'll recruit him! I'll recruit him whatever it takes! Even though I really don't have slots to spare.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is likely Peter Parker, like we have Johnny Storm and Steve Rogers.

So does this mean Bagman is getting a buff since he's on a higher tier than this one?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Obviously it's Moonstone. She's the best character in the game, and her promotion to 1* is well overdue.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So does this mean Bagman is getting a buff since he's on a higher tier than this one?

That would be awesome as I just finished max covering star.pngstar.pngicon_spiderman.png this morning for the friendly contest (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29400)! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    D3 now in reverse?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ice, how will the release work for this character? Will they just be slotted into standard tokens, or will there be a release event for them?
    UPCOMING PVE EVENTS

Deadpool vs MPQ (Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) incoming!)
    Chapter 2 Heroic – Juggernaut

icon_twisted.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    So 2* Bullseye's getting a minor buff. I'm sure that won't be at all irritating for a future 350-scaled Gauntlet node.

We'll finally going to see the full effect if Bullseye black!

I find it amusing that the 1* tier has more Crit Tile creators than the other tiers put together. Hawkeye, Yelena, and now Spiderman compared to just 2* Bullseye and Quicksilver.
  • Turbosmooth
    Options
    Stax, you cracked me up!
    IceX: yes it is possible to buy slots of sell a character, but there is a significant sacrifice to open a roster slot.

I will probably sell my 1* Storm to check this character out.

This character is going to die before making those critical tiles. Requires 3 character tiles before purple can lay down the critical tiles.
    So you either need 8 blue + 16 purple = 24 to make 3 char-tiles then execute move. (You can alternatively 9 red + 16 purple or have 24 purple to do roughly the same minus the stun; aint no one got time for that.) You need to save it all up at once or else your character tiles will get matched away.

You need a purple accelerator, but once you start talking Scarlet Witch, there are better pairs. That leaves Mystique, but you need her blue to make the purple. With the critical tiles, it hints pairing with 2* Bullseye, but rarely do I see a board with 4 non-executed critical tiles. And when I do, the match is basically over.
  • I have a mbw with 5 blue covers only, to send as TU for my mates. Guess she's going down.
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    This character is going to die before making those critical tiles. Requires 3 character tiles before purple can lay down the critical tiles.
    So you either need 8 blue + 16 purple = 24 to make 3 char-tiles then execute move. (You can alternatively 9 red + 16 purple or have 24 purple to do roughly the same minus the stun; aint no one got time for that.) You need to save it all up at once or else your character tiles will get matched away.

You need a purple accelerator, but once you start talking Scarlet Witch, there are better pairs. That leaves Mystique, but you need her blue to make the purple. With the critical tiles, it hints pairing with 2* Bullseye, but rarely do I see a board with 4 non-executed critical tiles. And when I do, the match is basically over.

You're really over thinking the 1* tier. If you have a Scarlet, why would you even use him with her.

Although I'm sure this will help bring in new players I also feel this could be a test run to revise 3* Spidey. This idea has been urged from players for quite sometime to give 3* Spidey an offensive ability and a way to produce web tiles better. However there are still a niche group of players that like Spidey the way he is, so if the feedback from the 1* is positive then perhaps we'll finally see 3* changed. I like the 1* and I'm going to sell my 1* IM to try him out.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    brisashi wrote:
    Miles Morales is my guess.

I hope this isn't an essential character along with a 2 star as well in a pvp event though.
    Just remember you only need one cover for essentials and you can sell for the next 4*.

if it is Spider-Man, he will pair great with Venom. You can actually kill someone with venoms black.
  • If it IS Spider-Ham I will be soooooooo happy:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31292&p=383299&hilit=Spider+ham#p383299