Ultron bomb damage out of control?

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Does anyone remember how many HP he had, and what the Bomb damage was on the Guantlet Ultron tetris node?

Even in Gauntlet, it was much, much lower. I know because I Hulk bombed that node with a bunch of damage boosts, so hulk was able to eat at least one bomb at normal, non-boosted health. Round 7 bomb damage is already at ~14.5k

My recollection is that before this run of Ultron, Ultrons bomb damage capped at something like 6k in Round 8 / Gauntlet.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah, that was a team of stragglers after my other two teams got wiped by bad boards. My board manipulators are not very well leveled or covered. But I do have a link in my sig to my roster, I'll take some suggestions!

Just took a quick peak at your roster. Why not give 2* Hawkeye a shot at him. Partner him with someone who can make match fives and watch those speed shots stack up. As long as they are a couple rows from the bottom, they'll do nice damage on Ultron.

Maybe partner him with GSBW and Scarlet Witch. Scarlet Witch's blue will generate Purple (and possible a match 5 for a Speed Shot) and then use GSBW's purple to make match fives and take out bombs. Scarlet Witch's green gives a little bit of board control in an emergency, and GSBW's green can take out bombs if you line it up right.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Does anyone remember how many HP he had, and what the Bomb damage was on the Guantlet Ultron tetris node?

He had about 26k health in round 8 previously (because retribution was good for a touch over 10k).

Someone else reported his bomb damage as ~4k in round 8. In the most recent gauntlet, bomb damage was way up (I think it was 12k per for me, and sim 42 was about 320 as a scaling reference point)
  • Unknown
    Options
    If anyone's still curious, Ultron's drop tile capped at 4040 last time the Avengers vs event ran.

Missed this post before, so quoting it since the question keeps coming up. That was my recollection as well.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    johnnyzero wrote:
    Yeah, that was a team of stragglers after my other two teams got wiped by bad boards. My board manipulators are not very well leveled or covered. But I do have a link in my sig to my roster, I'll take some suggestions!

Just took a quick peak at your roster. Why not give 2* Hawkeye a shot at him. Partner him with someone who can make match fives and watch those speed shots stack up. As long as they are a couple rows from the bottom, they'll do nice damage on Ultron.

Maybe partner him with GSBW and Scarlet Witch. Scarlet Witch's blue will generate Purple (and possible a match 5 for a Speed Shot) and then use GSBW's purple to make match fives and take out bombs. Scarlet Witch's green gives a little bit of board control in an emergency, and GSBW's green can take out bombs if you line it up right.
    That's been my go to team for the Sentry nodes (SW & Hawkeye). Didn't think about pulling them into Ultron because I wanted them to stay alive for the Essentials without resurrecting them each time. I will try them out on Ultron too... if I have to use a health pack to bring someone back to life, I guess it doesn't really matter who it is.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

He had about 26k health in round 8 previously (because retribution was good for a touch over 10k).

Someone else reported his bomb damage as ~4k in round 8. In the most recent gauntlet, bomb damage was way up (I think it was 12k per for me, and sim 42 was about 320 as a scaling reference point)

The reason i was asking about the guantlet, was because from what i read during the time it was being run, was that only a max level devil dino could survive 1 bomb hit on that board.

I am a transitioner, and his bombs 1 shot a lvl 154 3Thor in the guantlet.

Wanted to know, so we could see the contrast with what is happening now to how the guantlet was.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    That's been my go to team for the Sentry nodes (SW & Hawkeye). Didn't think about pulling them into Ultron because I wanted them to stay alive for the Essentials without resurrecting them each time. I will try them out on Ultron too... if I have to use a health pack to bring someone back to life, I guess it doesn't really matter who it is.

Other match-5 candiates I see on your roster are MNMags (as mentioned by Haetron above) 2* Thor's yellow. 2*Cap Marvel's Yellow. Cap Marvel's Yellow might also overwrite bombs (not 100% certain on this, but it does overwrite other special tiles, so it's possible). You'll also generate a bunch of team-up AP, so ask for team-ups from alliance members. Punisher red is an EXCELLENT team-up to finish him off.

Don't sleep on your Mystique either. Her health is her weakness generally, but if everybody is getting one-shot, health doesn't matter that much. Shapeshift into masterstroke will take a dent out of him.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    My 3*Cap is only 118 and helping take down level 300 Ultron(and he's fought higher ultrons from other events). Hell, if I were a really desperate 2* player I'd do 2*Cap/2*Mag + anyone(probably Thor, or jugg could work I guess) and test my luck

You obv didn't look at his roster before giving this "advice". Levels don't matter. You could have a 166 cap, but if he's covered 5/4/4 then he's pointless b/c he can't overwrite bombs.

You're in a tough spot JV. Your lcap doesn't have enough covers to overwrite bombs and you don't have 2* cap at all. Your only chance at directly taking out bombs is GSBW, but she's so slow you're prob going to get busted more often than not. I'd try her w/cyc & scarlet witch and hope for a good board.
  • Unknown
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    My 3*Cap is only 118 and helping take down level 300 Ultron(and he's fought higher ultrons from other events). Hell, if I were a really desperate 2* player I'd do 2*Cap/2*Mag + anyone(probably Thor, or jugg could work I guess) and test my luck

You obv didn't look at his roster before giving this "advice". Levels don't matter. You could have a 166 cap, but if he's covered 5/4/4 then he's pointless b/c he can't overwrite bombs.

You're in a tough spot JV. Your lcap doesn't have enough covers to overwrite bombs and you don't have 2* cap at all. Your only chance at directly taking out bombs is GSBW, but she's so slow you're prob going to get busted more often than not. I'd try her w/cyc & scarlet witch and hope for a good board.
    Why do I need to look at his roster? this isn't "help me, look at my roster", this is "Ultron bomb damage is OP, the thread".

Also, the person agreed with me so no need to butt in, especially if you're going to be rude.

PS: 166 cap wouldn't be pointless at those covers because he could still contribute to match 4s and 5s. Looks like I'm not the only one with "advice" in this thread, yes?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:

Maybe my tone was affected a bit by your earlier statement that "i'll try to be nice because I'm being watched". I don't like people who are only not jerks because someone is watching.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Maybe they will throw us a bone and toss in "reinforcements" like in a heroic, and buff some more peeps for us.
  • Unknown
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

Maybe my tone was affected a bit by your earlier statement that "i'll try to be nice because I'm being watched". I don't like people who are only not jerks because someone is watching.
    Lol......mods will watch me regardless. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Ok, took some searching, in The Guantlet, bombs were doing 12500
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Ok, took some searching, in The Guantlet, bombs were doing 12500
    Depends on your scaling. At level 395 he was doing 16k. https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30211&p=364474#p364358
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    In all fairness, I don't know any 3* characters that have 14K health that could take one hit. No matter what character you have, if they don't have the AP, and don't have the health, they don't stand a chance against a stray bomb.

Your SW and GSBW are well covered to deal with Ultron. Pretty easy to wipe out the bombs while making crits if you use CD tile to build up your purple. Master Plan is great with those two, but unfortunately your PX only has one blue cover.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OMG - on Round 6 now & I'm already getting wiped by Tetris Ultron. This is ridiculous.
    On even a semi-bad board, LCap can't help fast enough, and I can't ramp up damage dealers quick enough to avoid getting hit by stray bombs.

Sentry waves are manageable but just a sad, stupid grind.

Will try some other tile color changers to help protect my nuke dealers on TetrisUltron, but still, it's beginning to feel more like luck (of the board) than skill as you move deeper into the rounds (6 is a real challenge, and 7/8 look to be masochistic).
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having a similar experience. I'm furious at the game right now - the Sentry waves are annoying and grindy, the Ultron boards are a complete crapshoot - you don't get a halfway decent board and you're just plain done.

I think I'm going to concentrate on Women of Marvel and Oscorp: Heroic. I may well bow out of the next one even if it does introduce a new character. This is just plain not fun.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Having a similar experience. I'm furious at the game right now - the Sentry waves are annoying and grindy, the Ultron boards are a complete crapshoot - you don't get a halfway decent board and you're just plain done.

I think I'm going to concentrate on Women of Marvel and Oscorp: Heroic. I may well bow out of the next one even if it does introduce a new character. This is just plain not fun.

All the up votes.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No game should have this much rng. Bad board? Here, get 1 shot. I wiped 5 times in a row and was about to rage. Lcap, Mnmag, IM40(2yellow) has been my only way to deal with this nonsense. Even then it's a huge gamble. If I'm unable to charge yellow or purple in the first couple of turns, its over. If too many of Cap tiles get wiped from the bottom and I run out of ap, its over.

I've tried multiple 2* Hawkeye 5-match team comps with a horrible success rate.

I don't know how you guys are running Witch or Gsbw. Gsbw is too slow without Witch and my Witch tiles constantly get wiped from the bottom. I might have to recruit a level 1 Hawkeye.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    No game should have this much rng. Bad board? Here, get 1 shot. I wiped 5 times in a row and was about to rage. Lcap, Mnmag, IM40(2yellow) has been my only way to deal with this nonsense. Even then it's a huge gamble. If I'm unable to charge yellow or purple in the first couple of turns, its over. If too many of Cap tiles get wiped from the bottom and I run out of ap, its over.

I've tried multiple 2* Hawkeye 5-match team comps with a horrible success rate.

I don't know how you guys are running Witch or Gsbw. Gsbw is too slow without Witch and my Witch tiles constantly get wiped from the bottom. I might have to recruit a level 1 Hawkeye.

Usually it is possible to match away the first few bombs that come by. If the SW CD tile appears too low on the board to detonate, you can either match it yourself or (if it is very low) just let Ultron blow it up to respawn it.

If the CD tile is high enough, you just need to focus on grabbing purple or (if possible, in priority over grabbing it) arranging the purple around the CD tile to make it more likely to crit.

If you are 5 covered in Arcane Incantation, you should get a CD tile on the top half of the board about half of time, which is all you need for it to go off. If it is on the bottom two rows, just match bombs or grab purple and let Ultron blow it up. If it is on row three or four, you might be better off matching it yourself.