The Gauntlet - May 28 - June 4

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Level depends on personal scaling.

I know that. That's why I asked, I wanted to know YOUR scaling. What's the level of the characters on your last node of the gauntlet?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally finished. Used the whales on the last 2 Essentials. Patch/Loki became my superstars later on. LDaken/Blade, R&G/LThor, LCap/IM40, Mystique/2* Magneto/Luke Cage, were most of my go to teams.

Essentials
    Mystique, Deadpool, 3* Human Torch, Invisible Woman
    Wilderness Survival - Mystique - 6 nodes
    Alpine Tactics - Deadpool 3 nodes in first line, Mystique 3 nodes in second line
    Global Domination - 3* Human Torch 3 nodes in first line, Mystique first two nodes in second line, Invisible Woman third node in second line
    Older updates
    *Latest update, Sim 42, last Essential line unlocks without beating any yet. Looks like Invisible Woman is an essential for the very last node, and that is preventing #2 and #3 from completing the Gauntlet, because they don't have her. Congrats to SkyFire47 of Villains P.V.E for being the first to complete the Gauntlet.
    *Latest update, Sims 38-41. 2 more people have got to 4886 pts, so apparently they're all stuck at the same spot. I'm down to #10 with 2832 pts.
    *Latest Update Simulation 37, first HARD node - 37 Iron Fist / X-Force / Black Panther
    *Updated to include 34, 35 and 36 and 3* Human Torch in first line Essential in Global Domination
    *Rushing thru, saving Essentials for last and only made it to Sim 33 in Global Domination

Wilderness Survival
    1 Psylocke / Star-Lord / 2* Hawkeye
    2 Thug / Thug / Hitman (Maggia)
    3 Brawler / Defender / Decoy (Doombots)
    4 Yelena / Grenadier / Grenadier
    5 IM35 / Grenadier / Spy
    6 Moonstone / Pyro / Muscle
    7 2* Storm / 2* Bullseye / Ares
    8 Kishu / Shinobi / 2* Daken
    9 OBW / Pyro / Pyro
    10 Konran / Empiricist / Don
    11 Squirrel Girl / Sentry Flyer (Yellow) / 2* Hawkeye
    12 Doctor Octopus / Venom / 1* Storm
    13 Quicksilver / 2* Human Torch / Scarlet Witch
    14 Elektra / 2* Captain America / Vision

Essential Mystique
    1st line
    2* Magneto / 2* Spider-Man / 2* Human Torch
    1* Hawkeye / 2* Daken / 2* Wolverine
    OBW / 2* Thor / Punisher

2nd line
    Colossus / Moonstone / MBW
    3* Spider-Man / Venom / Doctor Octopus
    Gamora / 2* Captain Marvel / Kamala Khan
    Alpine Tactics
    15 Empiricist / Subject / Criterion
    16 2* Wolverine / Control / 2* Thor
    17 3* Storm / 2* Bullseye / Vision
    18 Beast / Doctor Doom / 3* Captain Marvel
    19 Daredevil / GSBW / 3* Captain America
    20 R&G / Scarlet Witch / 3* Thor
    21 3* Human Torch / Beast / IM40
    22 GSBW / Black Panther / 3* Bullseye
    23 Gamora / Ragnarok / The Hulk
    24 Psylocke / IM40 / R&G
    25 Daredevil / 1* Storm / 3* Captain America
    26 IM35 / MBW / 3* Storm
    27 Sentry / 2* Storm / Black Panther
    28 3* Bullseye / Patch / Elektra

Essential Deadpool
    1st line
    Quicksilver / 3* Storm / Sentry
    Squirrel Girl / Gorgon / 3* Spider-Man
    3* Human Torch / Colossus / 3* Captain Marvel

Essential Mystique
    2nd line
    3* Daken / 2* Magneto / Beast
    Vision / Falcon / Kingpin
    3* Magneto / Ragnarok / Punisher
    Global Domination
    29 Spy / Spy / Spy
    30 She-Hulk / Scarlet Witch / Cyclops
    31 Elektra / Ultron Prime / Devil Dinosaur
    32 Luke Cage / Falcon / Blade
    33 Patch / Kingpin / 3* Daken
    34 Ultron Prime / Luke Cage / Blade
    35 Deadpool / Loki / Hood
    36 3* Daken / Luke Cage / Falcon
    37 Iron Fist / X-Force / Black Panther
    38 Cyclops / Doctor Doom /Kamala Khan
    39 Blade / Punisher / 3* Magneto
    40 Juggernaut / Mystique / Ares (Beat with 140 5/3/5 Patch, 105 5/3/5 Loki and 94 3/5/5 OBW)
    41 Nick Fury / 4* Thor / X-Force (140 (200) 3/5/5 LCap, 140 (200) 5/5/3 Deadpool, 140 5/5/2 IM40)
    42 IMHB / 3* Thor / Deadpool

Essential 3* Human Torch
    1st line
    Professor X/ 3* Captain Marvel / Invisible Woman
    Star-Lord / Kingpin / The Hood
    Professor X / 4* Thor / Nick Fury

Essential Mystique
    2nd line
    The Hulk / Devil Dinosaur / Gorgon
    Iron Fist / IMHB / The Hood
    Essential Invisible Woman
    Ultron / Loki / She-Hulk
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I know that. That's why I asked, I wanted to know YOUR scaling. What's the level of the characters on your last node of the gauntlet?
    why does it matter?
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That last essential node is pure tinykitty. No way you can do it without mega whales and deadpools black passive actually works against him since he hops in front of everyone when ultron bombs go off. And of course they are one hit kills (at level 395). I think it is better to use team up whales so you don't lose instantly when first bomb goes off. Also ultrons team mates are super annoying and both she-hulk green and loki purple can pretty much mean game over instantly.

I still haven't finished the last normal node either. I'm thinking blade/captain/hood but are there better teams people have used?
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    traedoril wrote:
    Sullstar wrote:
    Tips on sim 35? Deadpool/Loki/Hood

Can't even seem to down one of them. Can't attack Hood before his blue powers twin pistols or Loki because of Deadpool's darn black ability.

I used SW/Cage/Fist

The stead damage from fist rocked Hood then when I had 10 purple ap I popped Fist 2x and used the black ap to down DP and stun loki. I think the black fell in a way that I actually downed DP and loki in one turn but he is really squishy either way.

I did something similar, Daken/Blade/IF

Load up the board with strike tiles, let them bleed hood dead. You don't use any alpha strikes on him, it's just high match damage and attack tile damage.

I also used my +match damage boosts to make it even quicker.
  • sc0ville
    Options
    poomermon wrote:
    That last essential node is pure tinykitty. No way you can do it without mega whales and deadpools black passive actually works against him since he hops in front of everyone when ultron bombs go off. And of course they are one hit kills (at level 395). I think it is better to use team up whales so you don't lose instantly when first bomb goes off. Also ultrons team mates are super annoying and both she-hulk green and loki purple can pretty much mean game over instantly.

I still haven't finished the last normal node either. I'm thinking blade/captain/hood but are there better teams people have used?

DP whales tup is exactly how I did this node, I just kept throwing teams at it until I could collect enough tup ap (used tup ap boost as well obviously). I'm convinced this is impossible to do legit at level 395
  • sc0ville
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Kappei wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

why does it matter?

I finished just before Raisinbman with relatively high scaling, from the jugs/ares/mys node was 350 when I hit it, everything else was 375 - 395 after that.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ok, sim 32. Cage, Blade, Falcon.

How is this not impossible?
    It's not impossible, have true healers/protect tilers while you burst down Falcon(you have to burst down Falcon or Blade)

Ok so that and luck into a perfect starting board. Got it.
    Don't be like that.

Firstly, It's not impossible because I did it about 3 hours ago.

Secondly:

Dude/Dudette, if you're SERIOUSLY asking me, I need more information. I gave you GENERAL advice because you gave me a GENERAL frustration/comment/half question.

But if you just wanna be passive aggressive about it, by all means.

It's part of my process. Thank you for your help.

There will almost definitely be more ranting given how early I am in the 3rd sub and how hard it is already, but I'll try to keep it more constructive and provide more information.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does it matter when you do the essentials?

Started this late due to my bracket in the deadpool event and work so have just unlocked global domination but not done any essentials yet.

Remember someone saying you get a level jump if you complete the essentials.

Vaguely recall something like that happening with a ragnorok essential last time this was run.

Apologies if this has been answered earlier
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow I actually managed to beat the last essential. Used whales tu and +2 tu aps. I just kept throwing bodies at the node until I managed to gather 14 ap by pure chance before everyone died. I managed to down good portion of my roster while doing so.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry for the noobish question.

If I don't have Mystique for the forest, does this mean I can't get the 2 Star Storm Cover due to lack of points to acquire on the essential paths?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Woo, cleared Sim-18 with She-Hulk, Magneto, and LDaken. She-Hulk's green kept enemy AP in check enough for Magneto to drop some Fluxes on everybody. Daken chipped in with some quick blue hits. Marvel kept whacking me with Photon Blasts though because She-Hulk kept leaving her red intact.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Haetron wrote:

If I don't have Mystique for the forest, does this mean I can't get the 2 Star Storm Cover due to lack of points to acquire on the essential paths?

Yeah I'm afraid so icon_e_sad.gif It requires a full clear to get the end prize.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What is the node reward for the final node in Global Domination?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    What is the node reward for the final node in Global Domination?
    2000 ISO
  • Unknown
    Options
    Haetron wrote:

Yeah I'm afraid so icon_e_sad.gif It requires a full clear to get the end prize.

That doesn't make any sense, requiring a 3 star to unlock a 2 star cover. icon_e_sad.gif

So im guessing all the cover/token rewards are out of reach without the essentials?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So about scaling.. does it seriously up scaling if you do the essentials before the the straight line? I noticed absolutely no difference whatsoever, and just tested it... did a line of essentials, the next sim stayed exactly the same. In Node 1, the final sim for me is the same as it is for someone who doesn't even have mystique to do the essentials..

I would love some clarification on this pls.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    poomermon wrote:
    Wow I actually managed to beat the last essential. Used whales tu and +2 tu aps. I just kept throwing bodies at the node until I managed to gather 14 ap by pure chance before everyone died. I managed to down good portion of my roster while doing so.

Has anyone successfully beat Ultron / Loki / She-Hulk @ 395 without using whale points?

I had to beat it using deadpool whale TU points...I got somewhat close with Steve Rogers + MN Mags (killed loki, and had shulk with 5k hp left but then she used her green and the next turn her red).
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    a couple of questions for the wise ones...

re: scaling
    i'm only on level 22 in the gauntlet and enemy teams are 30+ over where my non-buffed characters are capped. it's getting to the point where my progress is really slowing and outcomes are becoming more luck-based (unfortunately my buffed characters are lacking in some key colors and abilities, and aren't dealing the kind of damage i need). i have a pretty decent stable of 3*s i've had soft-capped at 104 for a hot minute, and have been on the verge of leveling them up but just haven't taken the plunge yet. i'm sure it's long overdue, but i've been paralyzed by fear of scaling until i had enough covers to bring up a sizeable group of strong characters. i've got the ISO and covers to invest in 14 3*s (i could get 5 up to 114, and another 9 who could go up anywhere from 127-166). if i go ahead and do a mass level-up, does anyone know how it will affect my scaling for the rest of the event? is my scaling locked in based on my roster when i started, or is it constantly being recalculated throughout the course of the event? if the only way i can get some of these progression rewards is by being tricksy, i'll go for it...the logic behind scaling remains somewhat nebulous to me so any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!

re: gauntlet completion
    i'm a fairly casual player and before i set up a permanent residence in the 3* transition zone, i used to be under the illusion that i would some day be able to complete a gauntlet. after seeing that for once i've got all the essentials for this run, false hope sprang eternal (albeit momentarily), but i'm thinking that it might at least be feasible to bag some of the better progression rewards. i would be pretty pleased to get a full clear of alpine tactics and would be over the moon to make a dent in global domination, i suppose we'll just have to wait and see...but that got me wondering, at what point is a roster actually capable of doing a full clear on the entire gauntlet?

tl;dr - will doing a mass level-up mid-event impact your scaling for that event? and what the math kind of roster are you supposed to have to complete the gauntlet?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just leveled 10 more to 127, scaling didn't change at all.