The Gauntlet - May 28 - June 4

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Torch is doing a lot for me in this event. I've been running lcap/mnmags/torch because lcap is essential and he's my second best 3* and I mean it's pve where he dominates and mags is buffed so I figured why not and then I saw torch was buffed so I figured i'd try it out and he's been destroying nodes. I really underestimated the power of his dots. If I had a better mystique this would be so much better.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Essentials? Mystique, Deadpool, is that it?

Torch is supposedly essential in global domination. Havent wuite gotten there yet.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    traedoril wrote:
    On the node with SW/SheHulk/Cyc any suggestions on who to use to beat them?

That node is early on in global domination, so I think that it is supposed to be a little bit higher level than the top of your roster (pre-boost). For me, they were around lvl 197.

I used Cage, Khan, and a boosted lazy cap. (my thinking was that this is a rainbow team that isn't very dependent on special tiles, and has some targeting capacity just in case she hulk stole a protect tile or two. this team is a little slow, so she-hulk's green was a potential risk and I planned to deny green wherever possible.)

As it happened, none of that planning was necessary as I got incredibly lucky: the board opened with a match-5 yellow cascade into match-5 green. I had fired embiggened bash and righteous uppercut by around turn 4. I dropped she hulk first, then cyclops, then switch. Switch got a bit lucky at the end with some purple cascades, so she fired her aoe on the second to last round. that hurt a fair bit (almost 3k each and a the full 5 turn stun), but by then it was way way too late.
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    edited May 2015
    Options
    traedoril wrote:

I had good luck with Punisher (3/5/5)/Hood (5/5/3)/OBW (3/5/5). Hood and OBW were for AP steal, to keep the enemy from firing their abilities, prevent SW's blue tile from resolving, and to keep my team alive. Punisher was there to keep chipping away and finally downing them when they were below 40% with his red.

In the match, they were only able to fire off one ability -- a Hex Bolt, which was relatively harmless since they had little AP to begin with -- and threw out their LThor yellow teamup, with a resulting cascade that nearly downed Hood. Can't really prevent that, with such a long match.

My strategy was to focus on blue/purple to deny SW and She Hulk, which in turn fed OBW. However, I left SW's blue tile alone, in order to extend its timer. If there were no blue/purple matches, I then looked for Red/Green/Black. Hood's steal got me plenty of RGB AP for free. I finished the match with a Twin Pistols, just to add insult to injury.

Edit: So I just accidentally did the node again, with the same team and no boosts. Hood was below 200 health and I still came away victorious. So, I guess I validated that my first attempt wasn't a fluke.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Latest update, Sim 42, last Essential line unlocks without beating any yet. Looks like Invisible Woman is an essential for the very last node, and that is preventing #2 and #3 from completing the Gauntlet, because they don't have her. Congrats to SkyFire47 of Villains P.V.E for being the first to complete the Gauntlet.

So far, known Essentials
    Mystique, Deadpool, 3* Human Torch, Invisible Woman
    Wilderness Survival - Mystique first node in each line
    Alpine Tactics - Deadpool first node in first line, Mystique first node in second line
    Global Domination - 3* Human Torch first node in first line, Mystique first two nodes in second line, Invisible Woman third node in second line
    Older updates
    *Latest update, Sims 38-41. 2 more people have got to 4886 pts, so apparently they're all stuck at the same spot. I'm down to #10 with 2832 pts.
    *Latest Update Simulation 37, first HARD node - 37 Iron Fist / X-Force / Black Panther
    *Updated to include 34, 35 and 36 and 3* Human Torch in first line Essential in Global Domination
    *Rushing thru, saving Essentials for last and only made it to Sim 33 in Global Domination

Wilderness Survival
    1 Psylocke / Star-Lord / 2* Hawkeye
    2 Thug / Thug / Hitman (Maggia)
    3 Brawler / Defender / Decoy (Doombots)
    4 Yelena / Grenadier / Grenadier
    5 IM35 / Grenadier / Spy
    6 Moonstone / Pyro / Muscle
    7 2* Storm / 2* Bullseye / Ares
    8 Kishu / Shinobi / 2* Daken
    9 OBW / Pyro / Pyro
    10 Konran / Empiricist / Don
    11 Squirrel Girl / Sentry Flyer (Yellow) / 2* Hawkeye
    12 Doctor Octopus / Venom / 1* Storm
    13 Quicksilver / 2* Human Torch / Scarlet Witch
    14 Elektra / 2* Captain America / Vision

Essential Mystique
    1st line
    2* Magneto / 2* Spider-Man / 2* Human Torch
    ?
    ?

2nd line
    Colossus / Moonstone / MBW
    ?
    ?
    Alpine Tactics
    15 Empiricist / Subject / Criterion
    16 2* Wolverine / Control / 2* Thor
    17 3* Storm / 2* Bullseye / Vision
    18 Beast / Doctor Doom / 3* Captain Marvel
    19 Daredevil / GSBW / 3* Captain America
    20 R&G / Scarlet Witch / 3* Thor
    21 3* Human Torch / Beast / IM40
    22 GSBW / Black Panther / 3* Bullseye
    23 Gamora / Ragnarok / The Hulk
    24 Psylocke / IM40 / R&G
    25 Daredevil / 1* Storm / 3* Captain America
    26 IM35 / MBW / 3* Storm
    27 Sentry / 2* Storm / Black Panther
    28 3* Bullseye / Patch / Elektra

Essential Deadpool
    1st line
    Quicksilver / 3* Storm / Sentry
    ?
    ?

Essential Mystique
    2nd line
    3* Daken / 2* Magneto / Beast
    ?
    ?
    Global Domination
    29 Spy / Spy / Spy
    30 She-Hulk / Scarlet Witch / Cyclops
    31 Elektra / Ultron Prime / Devil Dinosaur
    32 Luke Cage / Falcon / Blade
    33 Patch / Kingpin / 3* Daken
    34 Ultron Prime / Luke Cage / Blade
    35 Deadpool / Loki / Hood
    36 3* Daken / Luke Cage / Falcon
    37 Iron Fist / X-Force / Black Panther
    38 Cyclops / Doctor Doom /Kamala Khan
    39 Blade / Punisher / 3* Magneto
    40 Juggernaut / Mystique / Ares (Beat with 140 5/3/5 Patch, 105 5/3/5 Loki and 94 3/5/5 OBW)
    41 Nick Fury / 4* Thor / X-Force (140 (200) 3/5/5 LCap, 140 (200) 5/5/3 Deadpool, 140 5/5/2 IM40)
    42 IMHB / 3* Thor / Deadpool

Essential 3* Human Torch
    1st line
    Professor X/ 3* Captain Marvel / Invisible Woman
    ?
    ?

Essential Mystique
    2nd line
    The Hulk / Devil Dinosaur / Gorgon
    Iron Fist / IMHB / The Hood
    Essential Invisible Woman
    Ultron / Loki / She-Hulk
  • Unknown
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    Latest update, Sims 38-41. 2 more people have got to 4886 pts, so apparently they're all stuck at the same spot. I'm down to #10 with 2832 pts.

*Latest Update Simulation 37, first HARD node - 37 Iron Fist / X-Force / Black Panther
    *Updated to include 34, 35 and 36 and 3* Human Torch in first line Essential in Global Domination
    *Rushing thru, saving Essentials for last and only made it to Sim 33 in Global Domination

Wilderness Survival
    1 Psylocke / Star-Lord / 2* Hawkeye
    2 Thug / Thug / Hitman (Maggia)
    3 Brawler / Defender / Decoy (Doombots)
    4 Yelena / Grenadier / Grenadier
    5 IM35 / Grenadier / Spy
    6 Moonstone / Pyro / Muscle
    7 2* Storm / 2* Bullseye / Ares
    8 Kishu / Shinobi / 2* Daken
    9 OBW / Pyro / Pyro
    10 Konran / Empiricist / Don
    11 Squirrel Girl / Sentry Flyer (Yellow) / 2* Hawkeye
    12 Doctor Octopus / Venom / 1* Storm
    13 Quicksilver / 2* Human Torch / Scarlet Witch
    14 Elektra / 2* Captain America / Vision

Essential Mystique
    1st line
    2* Magneto / 2* Spider-Man / 2* Human Torch
    ?
    ?

2nd line
    Colossus / Moonstone / MBW
    ?
    ?
    Alpine Tactics
    15 Empiricist / Subject / Criterion
    16 2* Wolverine / Control / 2* Thor
    17 3* Storm / 2* Bullseye / Vision
    18 Beast / Doctor Doom / 3* Captain Marvel
    19 Daredevil / GSBW / 3* Captain America
    20 R&G / Scarlet Witch / 3* Thor
    21 3* Humant Torch / Beast / IM40
    22 GSBW / Black Panther / 3* Bullseye
    23 Gamora / Ragnarok / The Hulk
    24 Psylocke / IM40 / R&G
    25 Daredevil / 1* Storm / 3* Captain America
    26 IM35 / MBW / 3* Storm
    27 Sentry / 2* Storm / Black Panther
    28 3* Bullseye / Patch / Elektra

Essential Deadpool
    1st line
    Quicksilver / 3* Storm / Sentry
    ?
    ?

Essential Mystique
    2nd line
    3* Daken / 2* Magneto / Beast
    ?
    ?
    Global Domination
    29 Spy / Spy / Spy
    30 She-Hulk / Scarlet Witch / Cyclops
    31 Elektra / Ultron Prime / Devil Dinosaur
    32 Luke Cage / Falcon / Blade
    33 Patch / Kingpin / 3* Daken
    34 Ultron Prime / Luke Cage / Blade
    35 Deadpool / Loki / Hood
    36 3* Daken / Luke Cage / Falcon
    37 Iron Fist / X-Force / Black Panther
    38 Cyclops / Doctor Doom /Kamala Khan
    39 Blade / Punisher / 3* Magneto
    40 Juggernaut / Mystique / Ares (Beat with 140 5/3/5 Patch, 105 5/3/5 Loki and 94 3/5/5 OBW)
    41 Nick Fury / 4* Thor / X-Force

Essential
    3* Human Torch
    Professor X/ 3* Captain Marvel / Invisible Woman
    ?
    ?
    well im glad theyve stopped being icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gifs about locking deadpool out of nodes this time around
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Attention: as of this posting, 2* Bulkseye has his 3rd power.

Why does this always seem to happen during the Gauntlet?
  • Unknown
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:

Glad I beat at least one node of his before he got it.

Not sure it always happens during the Gauntlet though... I recall Doom's third sneaking in during Deadpool vs MPQ - or at least getting destroyed by it there.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Naive me wonders why all the last set of essentials were revealed at the same time

Cynical me says it's so when you "skip" essentials, they'll still scale

EDIT: I found a bug -

If you have a Luke Cage Black out and use Luke Cage Black against a non-deadpool, Deadpool will take the damage but not the stun. That must be one hell of a swing Luke has

Felt really good to make Hulkbuster kill himself by casting black. So good.

Finished Node 42 w/ Steve Rogers/Kamala/Hood. Main strategy is to get Steve online so you have heals and disruption to let Hood do his thing in the back of the hizzouse

and with my last Deadpool whale, I got a match 5 on turn one. Can't beat that. Bye bye annoying mystique essential
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

Glad I beat at least one node of his before he got it.

Not sure it always happens during the Gauntlet though... I recall Doom's third sneaking in during Deadpool vs MPQ - or at least getting destroyed by it there.

Maybe. Loki and Ragnarok got their 3rd abilities after an event had started, IIRC. Usually when their covers were on the line.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Options
    UMMM SO
    WHAT
    icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
    THE
    icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
    DID ANYONE ELSE REALIZE THE LAST ESSENTIAL(INVISIBLE WOMAN)
    IS NOT ULTRON PRIME.
    ITS TETRIS ULTRON.
    AS IN
    YOU HAVE TO FIGHT TETRIS ULTRON
    WHO CAN CAST ILLUSIONS
    WHO CAN PUNISH YOU FOR MATCH 4s
    WHO CAN DRAIN 100% OF YOUR BIGGEST MANA AND
    WHY?????

• reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just hit 395s in Sim 36. Have 7 nodes to go, plus every essential in all three subs.

So what was that about all the nerfs fixing PVE scaling?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Since it's not filled out already:

Global Domination Human Torch Essentials(First branch):

#2 Starlord/Kingpin/Hood(Really krutacking annoying node, oh my god.)
    #3 Charles/4*Thor/Fury
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

That node is early on in global domination, so I think that it is supposed to be a little bit higher level than the top of your roster (pre-boost). For me, they were around lvl 197.

I used Cage, Khan, and a boosted lazy cap. (my thinking was that this is a rainbow team that isn't very dependent on special tiles, and has some targeting capacity just in case she hulk stole a protect tile or two. this team is a little slow, so she-hulk's green was a potential risk and I planned to deny green wherever possible.)

As it happened, none of that planning was necessary as I got incredibly lucky: the board opened with a match-5 yellow cascade into match-5 green. I had fired embiggened bash and righteous uppercut by around turn 4. I dropped she hulk first, then cyclops, then switch. Switch got a bit lucky at the end with some purple cascades, so she fired her aoe on the second to last round. that hurt a fair bit (almost 3k each and a the full 5 turn stun), but by then it was way way too late.

I used Cage and LCap here as well, but used Loki instead of KK (i'm still in the building process on her). Had the intention of taking out She-Hulk first, so I was chipping away at her when I noticed that Cyc was dangerously close to firing off yellow and switch was also close to her purple. Luckily by then I had built up enough red and yellow to take out cyclops, and enough blue to stun switch while I kept chipping away at her and shehulk. Got Cage's black started and kept using that with LCap's red and blue to stun lock and finish them both off. Hardly ended up using Loki at all =p
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ok, sim 32. Cage, Blade, Falcon.

How is this not impossible?
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Not really played that much but it looks like LCap is somewhat needed, fortunately my cap has 6 covers....... none of them in red icon_cry.gif

I remember playing the Ultron event with 2* Cap, it was like a mosquito attacking an Elephant... Did manage to tickle him to death a few times, don't think that's going to work here.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Node 27. Cstorm/bp/sentry. Suggestions?

I've tried a few teams and targeting storm first but Sentry keeps blowing me up with world ruptures and supernovas.
  • Unknown
    Options

It's not impossible, have true healers/protect tilers while you burst down Falcon(you have to burst down Falcon or Blade)
    Node 27. Cstorm/bp/sentry. Suggestions?

I've tried a few teams and targeting storm first but Sentry keeps blowing me up with world ruptures and supernovas.

If World ruptures are going off, you've already lost. But, really, World Ruptures aren't scary anymore.

if supernovas are "blowing you up"(I'm assuming that means killing you), you're moving too slow and taking too much damage or using characters that are too low level/frail.

Kill order: Cstorm> BP> Sentry

I'd suggest actual things to do if I knew your roster and such, but really, this wasn't that hard of a node. BP is the only threat, barring cascades/match5*s. Sentry yellow sucks but he does hurt himself quite a bit with it, making things easier for u
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

It's not impossible, have true healers/protect tilers while you burst down Falcon(you have to burst down Falcon or Blade)

Ok so that and luck into a perfect starting board. Got it.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    What is Tetris ultron? Urban legend? Terrifying new variant? More details please.