The Gauntlet - May 28 - June 4

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    So... who is ready for Ultron Prime + Iron Fist? (Just a guess, I am not to the third set at this time).

That would be all kinds of Evil...so yeah, that's probably a good guess for Global Domination mode.

Better than Daken or Blade, or even Storm/Doom...

One tile can be handled, 20.. a bit tougher
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    So... who is ready for Ultron Prime + Iron Fist? (Just a guess, I am not to the third set at this time).

That would be all kinds of Evil...so yeah, that's probably a good guess for Global Domination mode.

ultron prime copies special tiles, or are you HANDLING that one tile every turn?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Interesting. Deadpool is an essential in sub 2. I've got limited time to play for the rest of the day, so I haven't gone further down the line yet, but if this is the case the essentials could possibly be any of the powered up characters. That's...not bad, really.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

ultron prime copies special tiles, or are you HANDLING that one tile every turn?

Well, with Ultron Prime, there is no worst or best case if he is with anyone who can make any special tile.. heck, even beast would pose a problem at that level paired with him.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

Well, with Ultron Prime, there is no worst or best case if he is with anyone who can make any special tile.. heck, even beast would pose a problem at that level paired with him.

We've seen him paired with Beast recently, at very high levels, and it wasn't all that bad. Having him copy an attack tile that comes for free at turn one, that would be bad.

Those of you rushing through, please do let us know what horrors await!
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's weird. First essential of the second sub is deadpool even though he is not one of the events powered up heroes. He is weekly buffed though.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rushing thru, saving Essentials for last and only made it to Sim 33 in Global Domination

Wilderness Survival
    1 Psylocke / Star-Lord / 2* Hawkeye
    2 Thug / Thug / Hitman (Maggia)
    3 Brawler / Defender / Decoy (Doombots)
    4 Yelena / Grenadier / Grenadier
    5 IM35 / Grenadier / Spy
    6 Moonstone / Pyro / Muscle
    7 2* Storm / 2* Bullseye / Ares
    8 Kishu / Shinobi / 2* Daken
    9 OBW / Pyro / Pyro
    10 Konran / Empiricist / Don
    11 Squirrel Girl / Sentry Flyer (Yellow) / 2* Hawkeye
    12 Doctor Octopus / Venom / 1* Storm
    13 Quicksilver / 2* Human Torch / Scarlet Witch
    14 Elektra / 2* Captain America / Vision

Essential Mystique
    1st line
    2* Magneto / 2* Spider-Man / 2* Human Torch
    ?
    ?

2nd line
    Colossus / Moonstone / MBW
    ?
    ?
    Alpine Tactics
    15 Empiricist / Subject / Criterion
    16 2* Wolverine / Control / 2* Thor
    17 3* Storm / 2* Bullseye / Vision
    18 Beast / Doctor Doom / 3* Captain Marvel
    19 Daredevil / GSBW / 3* Captain America
    20 R&G / Scarlet Witch / 3* Thor
    21 3* Humant Torch / Beast / IM40
    22 GSBW / Black Panther / 3* Bullseye
    23 Gamora / Ragnarok / The Hulk
    24 Psylocke / IM40 / R&G
    25 Daredevil / 1* Storm / 3* Captain America
    26 IM35 / MBW / 3* Storm
    27 Sentry / 2* Storm / Black Panther
    28 3* Bullseye / Patch / Elektra

Essential Deadpool
    1st line
    Quicksilver / 3* Storm / Sentry
    ?
    ?

Essential Mystique
    2nd line
    3* Daken / 2* Magneto / Beast
    ?
    ?
    Global Domination
    29 Spy / Spy / Spy
    30 She-Hulk / Scarlet Witch / Cyclops
    31 Elektra / Ultron Prime / Devil Dinosaur
    32 Luke Cage / Falcon / Blade
    33 Patch / Kingpin / 3* Daken
  • Malcrof
    Options
    lukewin wrote:

That is just mean.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Which character should I piur my ISO into, Human Torch (Currently level 135 boosted to 192) or Mystique (Currently 130 boosted to 224)?

I was going to pour it into Captain Marvel, but I didn't realise it was actually MS Marvel. (Seriously, why is she called Captain Marvel (Ms Marvel)? Why not just call her...Ms Marvel?>)
    I wouldn't recommend either. Much better choices out there.
    stowaway wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

We've seen him paired with Beast recently, at very high levels, and it wasn't all that bad. Having him copy an attack tile that comes for free at turn one, that would be bad.

Those of you rushing through, please do let us know what horrors await!

Yes but Ultron prime tiles might be bugged b/c he's copying incorrectly
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Lets put known bugged enemies in the gauntlet. Thanks Demiurge
  • Malcrof
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

Lets put known bugged enemies in the gauntlet. Thanks Demiurge

Just kill him first, after Patch and Electra.

In all seriousness.. put bullseye in front, chip away at him while getting enough purple and trap tiles for doom to 1 shot patch. 3Thor can green and yellow electra to death. This team leaves nothing for electra to use her purple on, unless patch gets a green off. 3rd would be a good support char like spidey.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just ate a Fury Demolition TU in the Mystique essential nodes. Dead Mystique.

I don't know why the devs think it's fun to eat those kind of 'insta-kill' or high AOE TU abilities (Supernova, boosted Wind Storm, RotP, CtS, etc). It can be tricky enough keeping an eye on the AI's colours to try to slow down or prevent an enemy skill from going off, but there's not as much you can do about TU, especially since the AI tends to chase TU tiles.

Just take them out already. Especially in PvE. Get rid of them. It feels like they're just there to make you eat health packs. They're not fun, not one bit. If they really have to be kept in, tone them down to annoyances, not insta-death or insta-health-pack.
  • lukewin
    Options
    I don't think IW is an Essential. The person in #1 in Global Domination has 4886 pts, 332 pts away from the HB. They do not have IW. Person is not in an alliance, but has done really well considering their roster. #2 has 1825 pts. #3 and #4 have 1075 pts, and I'm #5 with 848.

Roster is in spoiler
    70 0/0/1 Elektra
    70 0/1/0 Thor
    47 4/2/2 Moonstone
    45 1/1/1 3* Daken
    45 1/1/1 Mystique
    40 5/4/4 1* Storm
    40 1/1/2 3* Bullseye
    40 0/1/0 Black Panther
    40 0/0/1 Deadpool
    40 0/1/0 3* Human Torch
    40 1/0/0 Hulk
    23 2/2/1 2* Captain Marvel
    17 4/1/3 2* Thor
    15 2/2/2 2* Magneto
    15 2/1/1 2* Captain America
    15 2/0/0 OBW
    15 0/1/1 2* Storm
    15 0/1/0 2* Wolverine
    11 5/3/5 IM35
  • lukewin
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Latest Update Simulation 37, first HARD node - 37 Iron Fist / X-Force / Black Panther

*Updated to include 34, 35 and 36 and 3* Human Torch in first line Essential in Global Domination

Rushing thru, saving Essentials for last and only made it to Sim 33 in Global Domination

Wilderness Survival
    1 Psylocke / Star-Lord / 2* Hawkeye
    2 Thug / Thug / Hitman (Maggia)
    3 Brawler / Defender / Decoy (Doombots)
    4 Yelena / Grenadier / Grenadier
    5 IM35 / Grenadier / Spy
    6 Moonstone / Pyro / Muscle
    7 2* Storm / 2* Bullseye / Ares
    8 Kishu / Shinobi / 2* Daken
    9 OBW / Pyro / Pyro
    10 Konran / Empiricist / Don
    11 Squirrel Girl / Sentry Flyer (Yellow) / 2* Hawkeye
    12 Doctor Octopus / Venom / 1* Storm
    13 Quicksilver / 2* Human Torch / Scarlet Witch
    14 Elektra / 2* Captain America / Vision

Essential Mystique
    1st line
    2* Magneto / 2* Spider-Man / 2* Human Torch
    ?
    ?

2nd line
    Colossus / Moonstone / MBW
    ?
    ?
    Alpine Tactics
    15 Empiricist / Subject / Criterion
    16 2* Wolverine / Control / 2* Thor
    17 3* Storm / 2* Bullseye / Vision
    18 Beast / Doctor Doom / 3* Captain Marvel
    19 Daredevil / GSBW / 3* Captain America
    20 R&G / Scarlet Witch / 3* Thor
    21 3* Humant Torch / Beast / IM40
    22 GSBW / Black Panther / 3* Bullseye
    23 Gamora / Ragnarok / The Hulk
    24 Psylocke / IM40 / R&G
    25 Daredevil / 1* Storm / 3* Captain America
    26 IM35 / MBW / 3* Storm
    27 Sentry / 2* Storm / Black Panther

Essential Deadpool
    1st line
    Quicksilver / 3* Storm / Sentry
    ?
    ?

Essential Mystique
    2nd line
    3* Daken / 2* Magneto / Beast
    ?
    ?
    Global Domination
    29 Spy / Spy / Spy
    30 She-Hulk / Scarlet Witch / Cyclops
    31 Elektra / Ultron Prime / Devil Dinosaur
    33 Patch / Kingpin / 3* Daken
    34 Ultron Prime / Luke Cage / Blade
    35 Deadpool / Loki / Hood
    36 3* Daken / Luke Cage / Falcon
    37 Iron Fist / X-Force / Black Panther

Essential
    3* Human Torch
    Professor X/ 3* Captain Marvel / Invisible Woman
    ?
    ?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    how was node 34 Lukewin? (Ultron Prime/Cage/blade)

Is ultron prime still producing weaker copies of special tiles? Either way, that node seems likely to be painful no matter what, and brutal if Blade manages to get 10 purple.
  • lukewin
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

Is ultron prime still producing weaker copies of special tiles? Either way, that node seems likely to be painful no matter what, and brutal if Blade manages to get 10 purple.

Sucked big time. Ultron Prime makes copies of Luke Cage's protect tile. I went with R&G, GSBW and 3* Thor. Got a real good board. Able to use deceptive tactics twice, call the storm multiple times, etc.

The Deadpool/Loki/Hood node sucked too. Succeeded with LDaken/Blade/3* Thor. Thor went down, Blade almost went down. Deadpool kept hopping in front. All Blade's attack tiles got swapped to protect tiles thanks to Loki. Eventually got Loki by himself, and Blade's purple attack tiles slowly chipped away, while I kept trying to make Ldaken matches, so his health would regen.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

Been going over the lists, i plan on bringing in Daken, Psylocke, and Prof X on that one. get an invisibility tile tucked away in a corner and let him strengthen your tiles, while being unhittable. They have no board shakers, so it just needs a touch of luck.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RAGE POST.... you've been warned.
    What Dev thought it would be an awesome idea to put 3 boosted characters, all with stun ability, and 1 with healing ability in the same node. And to put the cherry on top, probably laughing all the way, added a Capt America TU stun that gives Spidey 2 more rounds of stuns if you can't match the tile away?!?!?!?

Seriously? I was running maxed BP, 161 Patch, and required Mystique. It took me almost 20 minutes to kill them all because of all of the stuns, plus the enemyprotect.png tiles spidey was throwing out.

THIS IS WHAT YOU CONSIDER FUN? A 20 TINY-KITTY MINUTE MATCH ON A PHONE GAME? Who ever designed that node should be demoted to CS. And the company should force his/her signature on their email to be: Sorry I am the tiny-kitty that designed the 20 minute node in the Gauntlet.

Will edit this later to be more well spoken. But right now I am icon_hulk.pngredflag.png and need to go to work.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That was a horrible loaner node. They really need to stop putting 2* hawkeye if they expect us to do anything
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Been going over the lists, i plan on bringing in Daken, Psylocke, and Prof X on that one. get an invisibility tile tucked away in a corner and let him strengthen your tiles, while being unhittable. They have no board shakers, so it just needs a touch of luck.

That might work if I had a prof. x.

That team also doesn't have any green powers. I might replace psylocke with iron fist or r&g to get a green active power and keep strike tile production (the trade off is iron fist's attack tile v. r&g's true healing).