The Gauntlet - May 28 - June 4

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    On the node with SW/SheHulk/Cyc any suggestions on who to use to beat them?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Which character should I piur my ISO into, Human Torch (Currently level 135 boosted to 192) or Mystique (Currently 130 boosted to 224)?

I was going to pour it into Captain Marvel, but I didn't realise it was actually MS Marvel. (Seriously, why is she called Captain Marvel (Ms Marvel)? Why not just call her...Ms Marvel?>)
    I wouldn't recommend either. Much better choices out there.

So...Deadpool then, maybe?
    I'm using Steve, Mystique and Human Torch so far and it's carrying me along.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    traedoril wrote:

That is a tricky one. You have to worry about purple, green, red, and black. and she hulk makes it difficult to bring special tile users. Maybe something like lazy thor/hood/khan. Do your best to deny ap to enemy and accelerate green asap.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

That is a tricky one. You have to worry about purple, green, red, and black. and she hulk makes it difficult to bring special tile users. Maybe something like lazy thor/hood/khan. Do your best to deny ap to enemy and accelerate green asap.

i think Hood, Loki, and either Kamala or Thor.. reasoning, when cyc yellow goes off, mischief managed, same with SW's blue
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

i think Hood, Loki, and either Kamala or Thor.. reasoning, when cyc yellow goes off, mischief managed, same with SW's blue

Tried Hood/Loki/Thor and Cyc's Yellow one shot loki and hood both at 166, I hate cascades
  • Malcrof
    Options
    traedoril wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

Tried Hood/Loki/Thor and Cyc's Yellow one shot loki and hood both at 166, I hate cascades

Makes this tricky, if you have IW, maybe IW, Loki, Thor? Get loki invisible as fast as possible?
  • Unknown
    Options
    traedoril wrote:
    haven't been there yet, but that sounds like a job for deadpool.

2 mana accelerators that will KO you?

No thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

No thanks.

Tried that, 4 straight games they killed DP before I could get enough purple for whales
  • Unknown
    Options
    traedoril wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

No thanks.

Tried that, 4 straight games they killed DP before I could get enough purple for whales

Make that 7 straight, I really hate Deadpools black ability. Either She-hulk drains my purple dry then Cyc one shots him or cyc just one shots him.

Any other suggestions?
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Options
    traedoril wrote:
    traedoril wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

No thanks.

Make that 7 straight, I really hate Deadpools black ability. Either She-hulk drains my purple dry then Cyc one shots him or cyc just one shots him.

Any other suggestions?
    As I always say with Gauntlet(it's a new gauntlet so I assume there's new ppl):

Gauntlet is 80% luck. The 3rd subevent, particularly the last 7-10 nodes are generally the most unfair fights in MPQ history.

Don't stress over it. Don't say its impossible. Sure, give up if its making your life hard.

But what I do is just keep trying every time my health packs are up.

It's no exagerration that in the later nodes, if you get a bad board, or even a board that's not perfect, you've already lost.

Ok, so retreat. Try again.

Oftentimes, I'll enter a node after I retreated because it doesn't matter how much HP I have since they're going to 1 shot me anyway.

Also, Deadpool whales. I've heard of folks using whales on other events. That is 100% wrong. I only save whales for Gauntlet, and only use them in Gauntlet. Since I've saved Whales since the last Gauntlet, I've got 7 whales charged up meaning I will have 7 less headaches from Gauntlet.

Use your B team. Use your Z team. Gauntlet is 80% luck.

You may not have the roster to complete...and that's ok. Gauntlet requires a decked out roster(which used to be strange because it only awarded 3*, but now with the 4* prize it makes more sense)

IN SHORT: KEEP TRYING GAUNTLET NODES YOU HAVE 7 DAYS TO BEAT THEM. DON'T GET FRUSTRATED AT SOMETHING THAT'S DESIGNED TO BE UNFAIR
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only save whales for deadpool, and only use them in Deadpool. Since I've saved Whales since the last Gauntlet, I've got 7 whales charged up meaning I will have 7 less headaches from Gauntlet.

You said Deadpool a lot...didja mean gauntlet?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    IN SHORT: KEEP TRYING GAUNTLET NODES YOU HAVE 7 DAYS TO BEAT THEM. DON'T GET FRUSTRATED AT SOMETHING THAT'S DESIGNED TO BE UNFAIR

I don't think unfair.. is well, fair.

It is designed to test you. The last gauntlet, some of the teams i faced ended up being teams i would go on to use in the future, if the AI can be that good at it, i can be better!

It is not supposed to be easy.
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    Options
    traedoril wrote:

That one looks like it's all about broad, consistent AP denial.

For that, it's very hard to beat Loki/Hood. Leave match-4 openings for the AI and hoard black for Mischief->Intimidation. That lets you collect a lot of AP for the damage dealer you bring in, while denying AP to the opponent. In fact, in a best-case scenario it can effectively force the opponent to collect AP for you.

With this combo, Daredevil works pretty well, since DD's stun can be accelerated by Intimidation. Also, getting one or more Ambush tiles out and then casting Illusions can let you match them or even put them in line for the AI to match-4 them at a much higher rate than you could hope to expect naturally. It's slow to start, but a really good AP-denial for high-level PvE nodes, since it builds momentum. Then, of course, when you have enough yellow, especially if you have all enemies stunned, you use Twin Pistols to clear clumps of green or TUs and generally refresh the red, black and purple on the board. For TUs, +2 B/P and +2 R/Y get you a head start and a heavy hitter like Luke Cage (yellow), or C. Storm (blue) works well. You don't have a green outlet, so Ares (green) or C. Storm (green) can be very effective late, as well.

Just hoard purple and black until you have Ambush or Mischief tiles out, respectively and try to use DD's rolling stun to keep the enemy from firing abilities until you get a chance to drain them with Hood's blue and/or Loki's green.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iliana from the 'clever alliance family also highlighted the team of cage/Loki/obw for difficult simulator nodes. Should work well in the gauntlet too.

Just deny ap as much as much as possible, fire obw whenever the ai is close to firing a power. Save yellow and black to drop the enemies one at a time.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    teknofyl wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

For that, it's very hard to beat Loki/Hood. Leave match-4 openings for the AI and hoard black for Mischief->Intimidation. That lets you collect a lot of AP for the damage dealer you bring in, while denying AP to the opponent. In fact, in a best-case scenario it can effectively force the opponent to collect AP for you.

With this combo, Daredevil works pretty well, since DD's stun can be accelerated by Intimidation. Also, getting one or more Ambush tiles out and then casting Illusions can let you match them or even put them in line for the AI to match-4 them at a much higher rate than you could hope to expect naturally. It's slow to start, but a really good AP-denial for high-level PvE nodes, since it builds momentum. Then, of course, when you have enough yellow, especially if you have all enemies stunned, you use Twin Pistols to clear clumps of green or TUs and generally refresh the red, black and purple on the board. For TUs, +2 B/P and +2 R/Y get you a head start and a heavy hitter like Luke Cage (yellow), or C. Storm (blue) works well. You don't have a green outlet, so Ares (green) or C. Storm (green) can be very effective late, as well.

Just hoard purple and black until you have Ambush or Mischief tiles out, respectively and try to use DD's rolling stun to keep the enemy from firing abilities until you get a chance to drain them with Hood's blue and/or Loki's green.

Friend just did this node with Kingpin, Falcon, and Daken. Using Falcon's countdown to poke people with, and negating things she-hulk steals.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My A team got obliterated so I used Steve Rogers/2*Mag/Hood +4 purple AP, got a match-5 at start of match on the talked-about node
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    I don't think IW is an Essential. The person in #1 in Global Domination has 4886 pts, 332 pts away from the HB. They do not have IW. Person is not in an alliance, but has done really well considering their roster. #2 has 1825 pts. #3 and #4 have 1075 pts, and I'm #5 with 848.

Roster is in spoiler
    70 0/0/1 Elektra
    70 0/1/0 Thor
    47 4/2/2 Moonstone
    45 1/1/1 3* Daken
    45 1/1/1 Mystique
    40 5/4/4 1* Storm
    40 1/1/2 3* Bullseye
    40 0/1/0 Black Panther
    40 0/0/1 Deadpool
    40 0/1/0 3* Human Torch
    40 1/0/0 Hulk
    23 2/2/1 2* Captain Marvel
    17 4/1/3 2* Thor
    15 2/2/2 2* Magneto
    15 2/1/1 2* Captain America
    15 2/0/0 OBW
    15 0/1/1 2* Storm
    15 0/1/0 2* Wolverine
    11 5/3/5 IM35

How the hell is this person in 1st and only 332 points from HB? Gotta be getting lucky with scaling?
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    Options
    teknofyl wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

I tried this and got a bad, bad board. The AI 5-matched yellow twice and proceeded to Optic Blast me with extreme prejudice. Came back with my under-levelled IW accompanied by the Heroes for Hire - Luke Cage came out the other side dragging the unconscious Sue Storm and Danny Rand. I'll take it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    cynder9792 wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    I don't think IW is an Essential. The person in #1 in Global Domination has 4886 pts, 332 pts away from the HB. They do not have IW. Person is not in an alliance, but has done really well considering their roster. #2 has 1825 pts. #3 and #4 have 1075 pts, and I'm #5 with 848.

Roster is in spoiler
    70 0/0/1 Elektra
    70 0/1/0 Thor
    47 4/2/2 Moonstone
    45 1/1/1 3* Daken
    45 1/1/1 Mystique
    40 5/4/4 1* Storm
    40 1/1/2 3* Bullseye
    40 0/1/0 Black Panther
    40 0/0/1 Deadpool
    40 0/1/0 3* Human Torch
    40 1/0/0 Hulk
    23 2/2/1 2* Captain Marvel
    17 4/1/3 2* Thor
    15 2/2/2 2* Magneto
    15 2/1/1 2* Captain America
    15 2/0/0 OBW
    15 0/1/1 2* Storm
    15 0/1/0 2* Wolverine
    11 5/3/5 IM35

How the hell is this person in 1st and only 332 points from HB? Gotta be getting lucky with scaling?

Every PVE has someone like that - they're probably seeing miniscule scaling. They might not have seen a node over 80th level yet.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Essentials? Mystique, Deadpool, is that it?