The Gauntlet - May 28 - June 4

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ok, sim 32. Cage, Blade, Falcon.

How is this not impossible?
    It's not impossible, have true healers/protect tilers while you burst down Falcon(you have to burst down Falcon or Blade)

Ok so that and luck into a perfect starting board. Got it.
    Don't be like that.

Firstly, It's not impossible because I did it about 3 hours ago.

Secondly:

Dude/Dudette, if you're SERIOUSLY asking me, I need more information. I gave you GENERAL advice because you gave me a GENERAL frustration/comment/half question.

But if you just wanna be passive aggressive about it, by all means.

And yes, Gauntlet is 80% luck.
    Vhailorx wrote:
    What is Tetris ultron? Urban legend? Terrifying new variant? More details please.

Boss Ultron. Non-prime ultron. The one who drops bombs. I don't think he has a title besides "ultron" so to not confuse him with Ultron Prime Tetris Ultron is a cute name for him, right icon_mrgreen.gif ?
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Ok, sim 32. Cage, Blade, Falcon.

How is this not impossible?

I wiped out a few times in that node, before settling with mystique, mnmags, and loki. My mystique is at 355, so I basically tried to pull off winfinite, but with a focus on an outlet of mystique's purple then black once I had enough black AP.

At the levels I am facing, doing that once per enemy was enough to down them (roughly 8k in damage), or at least close to it to be manageable.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So just for the record, posting to say I just finished the 3rd subevent for gauntlet, meaning it's 100% possible to do. Granted, I used 7 charges of whales, but hey, Hulkbuster cover.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Played Sim 30 - Cyclops, She Hulk and SW

Went in with xforce, mystique and deadpool but purple cascades let the AI use Reality Crush but nvm i managed to surgical strike She Hulk down to a few hundred hp. But wait! somehow somewhere Cyclops had 10 Red and 13 Black AP on a red rich board. So down goes Xforce and Mystique.

What else is there to do?
    Whales. Lots of them. 28000 of them actually. I swear i hadn't planned on actually using whales for this node...
  • generalTsobot
    Options
    Any tips for sim34? I'm getting smothered by Ultron's xerox coping of blades and cage's tiles.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any tips for sim34? I'm getting smothered by Ultron's xerox coping of blades and cage's tiles.

Keep blade from getting 10 purple, nuke him down asap. Then cage.

Think I used Khan, lazy cap, Cyclops for that one.
  • Unknown
    Options

Who do you got? I used Hulk/Patch/Loki and I hulkbombed my way through that one.

Blade setting up a couple of strike tiles actually helped Hulk's anger go off when I couldn't match green.
  • generalTsobot
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

Thanks, that worked well for me. Kk was taken down by an uppercut, but Steve's shields just shrugged off all other damage.

Lazy Cap, you da real PVE MVP.
  • generalTsobot
    Options

Who do you got? I used Hulk/Patch/Loki and I hulkbombed my way through that one.

Blade setting up a couple of strike tiles actually helped Hulk's anger go off when I couldn't match green.

Thanks for the suggestions. My Hulk can only get mildly upset, since has has 2 black covers, so real Hulkbombing is still elusive for me. One of these days....
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

I got through with lazy cap, loki and hood. Took em out in the same order. I was able to get rid of most of the strike tiles with luck and illusions. Once I got Cage down, the Falcon TU came to spam protect tiles. Has enough for trickery and Ultron was pretty quick to get down after that.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wiped three times on the node for Deadpool, Hood and Loki. Managed to finally get through with OBW, Cage and Iron Fist. Hood first, Deadpool and then loki. Anti-gravity device =your best friend.
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    So just for the record, posting to say I just finished the 3rd subevent for gauntlet, meaning it's 100% possible to do. Granted, I used 7 charges of whales, but hey, Hulkbuster cover.

Just to understand, what level was/is the last node?
  • Oldboy
    Options
    vinnygecko wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

I got through with lazy cap, loki and hood. Took em out in the same order. I was able to get rid of most of the strike tiles with luck and illusions. Once I got Cage down, the Falcon TU came to spam protect tiles. Has enough for trickery and Ultron was pretty quick to get down after that.

I used Invisible Woman (4/4/3), Loki and Cyclops. IW is fun to play as you can either lock the special tiles or blow them up. And her protect tiles reduce a lot of match damage. I didnt bother using Loki's black as the damage was negligible as a result of IW's protect tiles so i saved up the black for Cyclops.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wiped out 3 times in a row @ sim 36(LDaken 258/LC 259/ Falcon 259)

Boosted characters in my roaster: Mystique (3/5/5, 224) and Lcap (3/5/5, 223).
    I added Hood (5/5/3, 140) and Loki (3/4/5, 116) for third character but no luck.

Couldn't down even one of them. Any tip on this node?
  • Oldboy
    Options
    vinnygecko wrote:
    I wiped three times on the node for Deadpool, Hood and Loki. Managed to finally get through with OBW, Cage and Iron Fist. Hood first, Deadpool and then loki. Anti-gravity device =your best friend.

Thanks for this. I got through exactly as you did on my 2nd attempt.

For my first attempt i used Daken, Falcon and Psylocke but they kept stealing and getting cascades and i decided to retreat.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    It's the ultron bomb dropper, with loki and shehulk.

And folks who say a node is "not impossible because I used whales", aren't offering a very compelling rebuttal.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Doesn't look like I will be getting the HB cover since I do not have IW icon_e_sad.gif maybe I can pull her from an event or standard token icon_e_smile.gif fingers x'd
  • Unknown
    Options

I found this really easy with Doc Ock 5/5/3. Every time I matched away one of the special tiles I get two. Every manipulation cast I do 5k damage. Was pretty smooth sailing. I killed Blade-> cage -> ultron
  • Oldboy
    Options
    Just realised that both Mystique and Mnmags are both boosted for this event.

Magstique. Oh how i missed your old selves.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Level depends on personal scaling. Lukewin(Our guild founder!) posted (most) of global domination including what you're asking.

Do your homework! icon_exclaim.gif
    rossfoss wrote:
    Wiped out 3 times in a row @ sim 36(LDaken 258/LC 259/ Falcon 259)

Boosted characters in my roaster: Mystique (3/5/5, 224) and Lcap (3/5/5, 223).
    I added Hood (5/5/3, 140) and Loki (3/4/5, 116) for third character but no luck.

Couldn't down even one of them. Any tip on this node?

This node is all about big damage and not letting Falcon "inspire" the enemy team too much. Don't worry about match damage, and realize you're on a clock for killing them. Besides Daken, none of them are particularly fast, so going in with Kamala and friends or Hood and friends is a good idea. LCap can be very good here.

Kill Order: Falcon(low HP, turns Daken's strikes into Old Sentry strikes)> Daken(If I can one shot him, if not, move on to Luke Cage) > Luke Cage(Computer will never use his black correctly, and realistically won't get off his yellow, hard to kill)