The Gauntlet - May 28 - June 4

Options

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman: In the Tetris Ultron node, do the bomb tiles remain if Ultron is defeated before the others?
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    raisinbman: In the Tetris Ultron node, do the bomb tiles remain if Ultron is defeated before the others?
    no idea, I whalebombed it. Sorry bud.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Has anyone gotten to the end of the simulator and can post the remaining teams. I am on 40 (Juggs/Mystique/Ares) and I am wondering how much worse it gets?
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    couldn't pass the kingpin, hood, star lord node where you must use human torch... I am forced to level him to lvl 100 buffed, I am not sure who to team up with.. any ideas?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    Options
    traedoril wrote:
    Has anyone gotten to the end of the simulator and can post the remaining teams. I am on 40 (Juggs/Mystique/Ares) and I am wondering how much worse it gets?

Holy tinykitty... what are their levels? Why would they do this to us? HOW HAVE WE WRONGED THEE OH D3!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

Holy tinykitty... what are their levels? Why would they do this to us? HOW HAVE WE WRONG THEE OH D3!

For me they are 305 and I haven't been able to get all three down. (I can get Juggs/Ares) but mystique manages to get me
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I Super Whaled that node. wasn't worth the aggravation.

Currently stuck on the last Mystique essential node--Iron Fist, Hulk Buster, Hood. Any ideas? (Besides another Super Whales.)
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    traedoril wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

Holy tinykitty... what are their levels? Why would they do this to us? HOW HAVE WE WRONG THEE OH D3!

For me they are 305 and I haven't been able to get all three down. (I can get Juggs/Ares) but mystique manages to get me

I had the exact issue, I was super proud of gettign 2/3rds of that combo down, only to have mystique finish me off. I just superwhaled it the next time.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I may have hit my wall already at Sim-18. Beast, Doom, Marvel. Level 132-133.

I only have Mystique & Magneto available as significant boosted characters, since Marvel is locked out, and Mystique is only 2/5/2 so her damage output isn't good. Doom's purple is nearly a one-shot kill, his other powers are equally bad (blue into black), Marvel's black is no fun either, there's Beast in the back healing off yellow, and if you try an AoE, Marvel generates Red to Photon Blast.

I definitely made it farther than this in the last Gauntlet icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    I Super Whaled that node. wasn't worth the aggravation.

Currently stuck on the last Mystique essential node--Iron Fist, Hulk Buster, Hood. Any ideas? (Besides another Super Whales.)

I will be using Mystique/SheHulk/Loki
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One thing to remember about Hood nodes is that he can't steal teamup AP. Bring a high-damage teamup, boost +2 TU AP (we're all sitting on a stack of 30 of those, right?), and once he's gone the rest of the match becomes a lot easier. Mystique can make use of the black Iron Fist generates, Cap or Torch can use the red Hulkbuster generates. Loki can mitigate the horror of the cascades they cause.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    (Juggs/Mystique/Ares
    Killed with this - http://i.imgur.com/JT0QGCD.jpg icon_e_smile.gif
    Iron Fist, Hulk Buster, Hood. Any ideas?

Killed with this - http://i.imgur.com/FZ1Byys.jpg icon_twisted.gif
  • Malcrof
    Options
    SolidQ wrote:
    (Juggs/Mystique/Ares
    Killed with this - http://i.imgur.com/JT0QGCD.jpg icon_e_smile.gif
    Iron Fist, Hulk Buster, Hood. Any ideas?

Killed with this - http://i.imgur.com/FZ1Byys.jpg icon_twisted.gif

Who was making charged tiles in that first pic?

edit: never-mind, saw the team up.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

Who was making charged tiles in that first pic?
    You can see it on pic. AI TU Power Surge
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    traedoril wrote:

41 is 4hor/Nick/XF
    42 is Hbuster/LThor/Deadpool

The essentials are:

Mystique1: Dino/Hulk/Gorgon
    Mystique2: HBuster/Iron Fist/Hood
    Invisible Woman: Ultron/Loki/Shulkie

I have whaled one node so far, and it was the Ares/Juggs/Stique... but I also have tried none of the essentials and just wanted to burn through the main nodes first.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Tips on sim 35? Deadpool/Loki/Hood

Can't even seem to down one of them. Can't attack Hood before his blue powers twin pistols or Loki because of Deadpool's darn black ability.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Sullstar wrote:

Can't even seem to down one of them. Can't down Hood before his blue powers twin pistols or Loki because of Deadpool's darn black ability.

Bring OBW for her blue, when DP's black goes off, raise the countdown timer. Will also help to steal some AP back.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sullstar wrote:

Can't even seem to down one of them. Can't attack Hood before his blue powers twin pistols or Loki because of Deadpool's darn black ability.

OBW is solid, though I believe I used Shulkie to just keep draining their AP as fast as possible. It plays like a stalemate, but hopefully you're able to build up red and the like to down them all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sullstar wrote:

I used SW/Cage/Fist

The stead damage from fist rocked Hood then when I had 10 purple ap I popped Fist 2x and used the black ap to down DP and stun loki. I think the black fell in a way that I actually downed DP and loki in one turn but he is really squishy either way.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sim 40 with lvl 305 Ares, Jugs and Mystique.

Wiped first time with Cap, Cyclops and Mnmags.

Cleared it on 2nd attempt with Cap, She hulk and Loki. Cap's shields were flying everywhere and She Hulk was just Furious the whole match.. Fortunately got lucky in the early rounds with Loki's Illusions generating AP for Cap.

Edit: Cleared Sim 41 with the same team