Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My alliance struggled its way through 4 and a half rounds of the boss event.  I enjoy the events, but they just aren't as good when you're in a casual alliance.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is the first 5* required node for a PVE that I don't have any covers in.  The RNG gods do not want to give me 5 Thor.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seeing Flaptain in the HfH store instead of the black Moon Knight cover I needed to champ my 2/5/5 Moon Knight with 4 covers on the vine... 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    justsing said:
    Seeing Flaptain in the HfH store instead of the black Moon Knight cover I needed to champ my 2/5/5 Moon Knight with 4 covers on the vine... 
    that’s not a triggered cover for Flaptain: we all see him. Some kind of error or something.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I looked at my daily rewards this morning and saw another Blue cover coming for my 5/3/1 Professor X. I grumbled for a minute and then went back to happy as my VIP reward came up with a Legendary Token. Then promptly went back to grumbling as I pulled a Blue Prof X cover.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,362 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I decided to clear the Holiday Vault.  It took 40 pulls to finally get the Family Legends token. I opened it and saw purple!  But it was Phoenix green, the only unusable cover from the 5’s available.  She stays 5/1/2 and I get 2000 iso.  Blah.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only a day after earning my fifth Vulture blue from the TaT progression, bringing him to 2/4/5, I pull a Latest and get .. of course. Vulture blue. Bah.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only a day after earning my fifth Vulture blue from the TaT progression, bringing him to 2/4/5, I pull a Latest and get .. of course. Vulture blue. Bah.
    Same thing happened to me, except mine is only 2/3/6.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stayed up to catch a fresh flip of MR&G in 4.8. It was getting late and I knew I wasn't gonna be able to play 100 percent optimal, so I decided to call it. Picked the slice and started at 152. Not bad. I ended my clear in 10th place, feeling pretty good. 

Then as I exited back to the main screen I noticed something odd. "Wait, why does it say the sub ends in like 4 hours or so?"

Yep, I accidentally picked 1.8 instead of 4.8, which REALLY does not fit into my schedule. Progression only for this event it is. 

I normally go slice one for PvP, and I must have just not been paying attention while picking the slice for PvE.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,120 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seeing the Dat Required Character today is Dr Strange...in a node with Three Ultron Robot goons. :(
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seeing the Dat Required Character today is Dr Strange...in a node with Three Ultron Robot goons. :(
    Someone on the dev team was having one of those days.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    mexus said:
    Me: Enter CL6 for next Story event because I didn't have Bruce Banner.

Spends 20CP for a Classic Legendary.
    Pulls Bruce Banner.

Odds for that tinykitty to happen?
    After taking Murphy's Law into account, around 85% ;)
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Underestimating Wasp in Crash of the Titans and getting completely destroyed in my first attempt. It can spiral out of control so quickly...
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Season 10 pack resulted in 9 2*s and 1 3*.
    Last 5*cover from a LT was over 2 weeks ago by my reckoning. This is getting beyond a joke Rng.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Joining Venom Bomb as #996
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Just remembered that I had stockpiled Venom Bomb tokens, but because they were for Vaults, not a store, I can't use them right now.
  • sambrookjm
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Splurging on my first Family Legends token.  Happily, I see a 5-star cover.  Unfortunately, it's a Black Bolt Green, making him 6/1/1.  That's literally the only 5-star cover that I couldn't use from that pack.  No exchanges from customer support either. :(  25 CP for 2000 ISO.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seeing that the progression reward in Predator and Prey is a blue Black Panther cover. My replacement Panther is now 2/5/5 and I was really hoping it would be yellow.
    Best part of it is that when my original Panther was level 265 and I got a yellow and blue cover from PvE progression I decided to apply the blue cover, but when I pressed the "Add level" button the yellow cover got used instead.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Best part of it is that when my original Panther was level 265 and I got a yellow and blue cover from PvE progression I decided to apply the blue cover, but when I pressed the "Add level" button the yellow cover got used instead.
    This is something that really bothers me. I don't have this 100 percent confirmed, but I think if you have more than one cover for a character waiting in your queue and you try to apply a specific cover from the queue, it will still automatically apply the oldest cover for that character in your queue, even if it's a different color. 

So in your instance, it sounds like the yellow cover was the older cover, or at least the cover in your queue that was closest to the bottom and therefore "older". And even though you specifically tapped on the apply button next to the blue cover, it added the yellow one instead because it was older. 

I've had the same thing happen when rebuilding 2* characters for my farm. I wanted to apply certain covers, but I think it kept adding the oldest covers first until it maxed out a color I didn't want maxed. 

Now, I think the solution is that you have to go to the specific character you want to apply covers to and add them to the specific color. I'm in the process of duping 3*s now, and I always have to make sure to go to the dupe and add covers for that character there specifically. It works, but I still think it's dumb that if you're applying covers from your queue and you want to apply a specific color over another, you can't do that because the game seems to auto-apply the oldest cover you have waiting, even if you wanted to apply something else. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    This is something that really bothers me. I don't have this 100 percent confirmed, but I think if you have more than one cover for a character waiting in your queue and you try to apply a specific cover from the queue, it will still automatically apply the oldest cover for that character in your queue, even if it's a different color. 

So in your instance, it sounds like the yellow cover was the older cover, or at least the cover in your queue that was closest to the bottom and therefore "older". And even though you specifically tapped on the apply button next to the blue cover, it added the yellow one instead because it was older. 

I've had the same thing happen when rebuilding 2* characters for my farm. I wanted to apply certain covers, but I think it kept adding the oldest covers first until it maxed out a color I didn't want maxed. 

Now, I think the solution is that you have to go to the specific character you want to apply covers to and add them to the specific color. I'm in the process of duping 3*s now, and I always have to make sure to go to the dupe and add covers for that character there specifically. It works, but I still think it's dumb that if you're applying covers from your queue and you want to apply a specific color over another, you can't do that because the game seems to auto-apply the oldest cover you have waiting, even if you wanted to apply something else. 
    That would match my observations both with Black Panther and when I was stockpiling 3* Gambit covers to build a Gambattery - I tried to apply a red cover as a champion level, but it ended up using the black cover first.
    Oh well, lesson learned. My Scarlet Witch is now level 265, but I am saving all covers I get for her dupe and will only take the original to level 266 when I am sure it is a cover that will not screw up the dupe's build.