Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting to the Howard cover after 4 days, and RNG gives me another worthless cover (blue) for my 2/5/5 Howard.  Another 3 month wait to roll the dice.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    bluewolf said:
    Getting to the Howard cover after 4 days, and RNG gives me another worthless cover (blue) for my 2/5/5 Howard.  Another 3 month wait to roll the dice.

I'm anxious to see if I get my tenth Purple cover or one of the two colors I can actually use when the slice flips... My Howard is 3/4/5 and I have sold off four Purples so far.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    The entire hulk event. The tile shuffling every turn is a huge pain to watch, and coupled with the AI seemingly deciding some brains and matching 2 of my 3 recharge tiles at any possible opportunity made this event a huge slog. I gave up without even hitting 500, since it's 1am now and I'm not sacrificing my sleep to go through this ****
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    WEBGAS said:
    I thought that the chance at getting a 5* pulling a latest legends token should be 1 over 7, am I wrong?

Yesterday I opened my 26 LT and spent 800cps all in Latest legends tokens, for a total of 58 pulls.

The results? .... 1 DD  2 Gambit   1 Thor ....     Damn RNG you ruined my day!  >:)
    25+ Latest pulls, 1 DD, 1 Gambit, everything else 4*s...with no Bonus Heroes. Fortunately I was able to use almost all of the 4*s, but I'm still 1-2 covers away from champing Coulson, and Vulture.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Starting my move to the 5* tier.  Elements of the following may be familiar to some people.

I can't hoard a horde to save my life, I can't save CP and unless there are compelling reasons (such as covering a 0/0/5 3* Gambit) as soon as I get 20 it's time to open a classic token, and I hate selling covers.  Having 2 5* covers in quick succession that I couldn't use without championing the 5* was irritating but I've gritted my teeth, girded my loins and sold 5* in the past.  But this time, before I could grit and gird, we get the announcement of 5* covers coming from 4* champion rewards.  I'll have multiple Black Bolt covers coming my way next week, he's already fully covered, and that's just a waste too far.  So to heck with it, in for a penny, time to champion Black Widow and Doctor Strange.

Almost immediately, my non-seed opponents in PVP are only championed 5*, though so far none above level 460.  It's not like I actually want to use Widow and Strange all the time, but now my options are seriously limited.  I knew that something like this was likely to happen, the reality was quite an eye-opener.

On the other hand, PVE has suddenly become a breeze.  I might even give SCL 9 a try, when next there's a 3-day event.  Hmm, maybe this should have gone in the Best MPQ moment thread...

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:

I'm anxious to see if I get my tenth Purple cover or one of the two colors I can actually use when the slice flips... My Howard is 3/4/5 and I have sold off four Purples so far.

Guess which color I got?
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Waking up today and trying to play PVP against all these Gambit teams.....and then turn the game off after 5 mins because that's all I see! 
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Reaching the end of Sakaar Lightning Rounds. I will miss the plentiful supply of easy iso.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    5 Sakaar Tokens, 5 2*. Much disappoint.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between the 3 runs of sakaar arena I earned 11 tokens, pulled 9 2* and 2 3*. What a bunch of garbage, I'm just glad I didn't put much more effort into it than seeds.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    Between the 3 runs of sakaar arena I earned 11 tokens, pulled 9 2* and 2 3*. What a bunch of garbage, I'm just glad I didn't put much more effort into it than seeds.
    Third iteration was my worst run. Six tokens, all 2*s. Got 23 tokens total from placement ; mostly 2*s, some 3*s and at least one 4*. I loved the first run; lots of first and second place or T5 finishes in the subs for plenty of ISO and ETs/HTs.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    The scene: Vulture's PvP
    My team: Vulture, Nova, Bucky
    The opposing team: Vulture, Nova, Prof X
    Their first move: red match-3, cascading into black match-5, cascading into purple match-5, cascading into yellow match-5, cascading into yellow match-3, black match-3 and purple match-3.
    My Vulture: *dies*
    Their second turn: Nova yellow, Prof X purple, Vulture black.
    Exeunt Nova and Bucky, limping.

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    An odd worst moment. 52 champed four stars. Of the few remaining, both rogue and mockingbird are at 13. Get an LT, and pull 14th Rogue. 

Eh, not too thrilled as I'm trying to rebuild my farm, but okay, I can still champ her.

End up with 25 cp a few minutes later and decide to pull another token. With 52 champed characters, who do I pull? 14th Mockingbird.

Vegas, baby.
  • RemcoLoki
    RemcoLoki Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    SnowcaTT said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "Random Color" given out at end of Howard PVE.

With the two purples given out earlier, I'm at 3/3/5.

Have another purple as a daily drop in 15 days. To not waste it, I need a good PVP color and a the "Random Color" to be one of the two I need.

For DAYS, I've been dreading what it would be.

Today, I was proven right....the "Random Color" was OF COURSE purple, so I will have to toss it out and I'll also have to toss out the purple I get in 15 days since there isn't any other way to get Howard.

WHEN WILL WE GET COLORLESS COVERS. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

(Oh, and I have no faith that your "Random" really is)

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS D3???

Yep, it's day 1062 for me! A lovely Purple Howard for me! I mean....a pitiful 1K ISO!

Duck is back! My 3/3/5 hasn't changed!

And....we have a vault. A -SIZED EIGHTY- vault. With...apparently no other way to earn covers? And no other events to earn vault draws?

What a waste.

I PULL A DAILY TOKEN TODAY. IT IS MY SECOND TOKEN PULLED.

IT IS PURPLE HOWARD. OF COURSE. I AM NOW 3/3/8. THIS IS NOT RNG. FIX THIS.
    GUESS WHAT MY HOWARD "RNG" WAS.

MY DUCK IS NOW 3/3/9. THIS IS NOT RNG. FIX THIS.

Also "limited" characters enhance bad "rng", just like 5*'s. COLORLESS NEEDED.

MY DUCK IS NOW 3/3/10. THIS IS NOT RNG. FIX THIS.

MY DUCK IS NOW 3/3/11. THIS IS NOT RNG. FIX THIS.

ARE YOU KIDDING MEEEEEEEE
    So Webbed Wonder has come and gone and I was expecting an addition to this, but nothing so far.
    @SnowcaTT Did you finally luck into another color or did you give up on shouting into the wind?
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Missing out on 55 CP because I ended up having NO TIME for playing yesterday
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    I gave in to the itch and redeemed my three Latest Legendary tokens.  I got my 2nd Gambit cover, so that was alright (I already had him set as my BH but wasn't lucky there), then I drew a Yellow Sandman (no BH/Vulture cover) and a Purple Sandman (still no BH).

I went to the Vine and saw a Train symbol next to all three covers. Well, duh, for Gambit, but 'I guess that's alright' for Sandman. At least it means I can use both his covers. So I trained his Yellow, backed up a screen, and before I tapped to train his Purple saw he was now at 5/4/3. Oh. Great. I can champion Sandman. Except I just recently championed Mockingbird, Coulson, and Red Hulk, so I only have ~620,000 Iso at the moment. And Sandman is only 78 so I'd need to spend ~365,000 Iso to champ him. And he's not a character I'm likely to ever use unless he's "required". Do I really want to spend that much Iso right now for a character I'll hardly ever use?

So I redeemed 3 Latest Legendaries, got a Gambit making him 1/1/0...which...you know...I'm not sure that's actually that good. And I now have a level 78 fully covered Sandman who I'm not likely to spend Iso on until I get another of his covers, meaning I'll be paying ~365k Iso for a Legendary token.

I supposed it could be worse. I could have got Iso trash covers for non-champed 4-stars. Got to look on the bright side there, I guess.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I slept for 14 hours last night. Which, in and of itself, was actually pretty awesome. But it meant I woke up less than 45 minutes before the end of the sub, killing my chances at t20 and an extra Nico cover.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should be my best moment: I woke up about 10 minutes before Slice 1 of Sworded Affairs ended. On a lark, I decided to check my status. I was in 26th place at something like 1089 points. 25th place started just over 1200. 

I've never hit 1200, but decided to go for it. Won the first fight to get up to 1155. I needed at least 60 points to take 25th place. Skipped, skipped, skipped, skipped, skipped until I found one for 70 points. I only had about a minute or two left though. Would that be long enough? 

Short answer: no. Even though it went relatively fast, it still wasn't good enough. I finished to see my score: 1225. I finally crossed 1200 for the first time. Too bad it didn't count. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Should be my best moment: I woke up about 10 minutes before Slice 1 of Sworded Affairs ended. On a lark, I decided to check my status. I was in 26th place at something like 1089 points. 25th place started just over 1200. 

I've never hit 1200, but decided to go for it. Won the first fight to get up to 1155. I needed at least 60 points to take 25th place. Skipped, skipped, skipped, skipped, skipped until I found one for 70 points. I only had about a minute or two left though. Would that be long enough? 

Short answer: no. Even though it went relatively fast, it still wasn't good enough. I finished to see my score: 1225. I finally crossed 1200 for the first time. Too bad it didn't count. 
    Ouch... That sucks... But at the same time congratulations!!!! You'll be able to do it again, just make it count this time!!!!