Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I slept for 14 hours last night. Which, in and of itself, was actually pretty awesome. But it meant I woke up less than 45 minutes before the end of the sub, killing my chances at t20 and an extra Nico cover.

I have a similar story, except instead of sleeping I was helping the wife hang Christmas decorations. Still, one cover more or less isn't a huge deal.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    I slept for 14 hours last night. Which, in and of itself, was actually pretty awesome. But it meant I woke up less than 45 minutes before the end of the sub, killing my chances at t20 and an extra Nico cover.

I have a similar story, except instead of sleeping I was helping the wife hang Christmas decorations. Still, one cover more or less isn't a huge deal.
    Geez,man.  Priorities. ;)  I missed T10 this morning because I was trying to figure out the kids’ Christmas lists.  Not a worst moment.  Nico needs full coverage to be usable anyway.  And it is obvious that the devs don’t even know how to plan to maximize monetization around Shield Training (no purchasable MEH for days).  If they don’t know what they are doing, I’m not spending mental energy worrying about the event.
  • Quebbster
    bluewolf said:
    Quebbster said:

Geez,man.  Priorities. ;)  I missed T10 this morning because I was trying to figure out the kids’ Christmas lists.  Not a worst moment.  Nico needs full coverage to be usable anyway.  And it is obvious that the devs don’t even know how to plan to maximize monetization around Shield Training (no purchasable MEH for days).  If they don’t know what they are doing, I’m not spending mental energy worrying about the event.
    I am quite happy with my priorities, thank you very much. :) I did manage to get T5 in PvP, so that lessens the blow a bit.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Accidentally buying a 10 pack form the HaT store. At least there was a Nico cover in it.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Bought a 10 pack from HaT store..... got 10   2 stars.....never again  :(
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    WEBGAS said:
    Bought a 10 pack from HaT store..... got 10   2 stars.....never again  :(
    That...makes me feel better since i got zero 4* from my 10 pack season reward second month in a row.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:
    Quebbster said:

I am quite happy with my priorities, thank you very much. :) I did manage to get T5 in PvP, so that lessens the blow a bit.
    Hey now! This is supposed to be "worst moments" not "best moments" ;) 
    Wishing you and your family a (very early) Merry Christmas, @Quebbster :)
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Not realizing my 4* Rocket and Groot already had 5 in blue before picking up the 3600 pack.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Stepping away from the SIM for a couple days when sitting at 1700...only to come back to losing 300+ points and only finding Gamora, Medusam and GRocket teams....looks like I won't try for 2000
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL9 rank 18.  800 points short of T10.  Was near the end of the 6th clear of the highest value node.  Had I completed 6th and 7th clear I'd have gotten T10.

Followed shortly after by alliance rank 101.

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing that Black Widow node in Simulator. Rogue, Jean, Gambit.

Good Lord, that's sadistic. Can you win? Yes. Will you need three health packs afterward? Absolutely.

Even at 3*, Gambit is so freaking broken.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    I added the second Purple cover to Nico taking her to -/-/2 just to help out a little bit in The Simulator.

Now I need to keep re-selecting the 1/1/1 loaner Nico in Staff Appreciation Day because the fethed up algorithm thinks a -/-/2 level 70 is better than a 1/1/1 level 70.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    IRL events this weekend meant I had the worst outcome during a release event I've had in a long, long time. Just one purple cover for Nico. 

But, I have managed to get her blue cover from hitting 900 in her PvP, an will get the yellow cover from Simulator progression. One cover in each color is all I really want, so it's mostly good. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    hit 820pts in Staff Appreciation day 3 times in the last 2 days, spent 325hp or so on shields, and every time i get blasted back like 300pts. Not having any of the good boosted 4*s definitely makes it tough to get there. I didn't like how much time i was spending in win-based pvp, but at least I was able to reliably get every 4* cover i needed. (only one i didn't get that season was Fury, because mine has been at 2/5/1 forever and the last 7 covers I've gotten for him have of course been blue...)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tee said:
    Not realizing my 4* Rocket and Groot already had 5 in blue before picking up the 3600 pack.
    Ouch. I did basically the same thing some time back with a Peggy red, except that it was the colour of the HfH that I mistook, rather than the colour I had maxed.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    jym010 said:
    Stepping away from the SIM for a couple days when sitting at 1700...only to come back to losing 300+ points and only finding Gamora, Medusam and GRocket teams....looks like I won't try for 2000
    If you have it, use Medusa/Moon Knight/3* Hulk. Match blue or green to make Hulk tank, and then kill everyone with a hail of Moonsilver blades. It usually only costs me 1 health pack per match, and is fairly quick.

It stinks on defense, but it should be enough to get you over 2000.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    fanghoul said:
    jym010 said:

My counter to that team is Medusa/Venom (Eddie Brock)/G4mora.

the key is to get blue early and stun medusa. Brock will generate yellow protect tiles for you to match away (or convert) to keep up your blue and green and purple AP streams
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Day 730!  Silver surfer daily reward cover!  Black!...oh, wait, that doesn't help my 1/1/5 surfer at all...
  • Quebbster

Got a red 3* Captain Marvel cover from a token.

Sadly, my new Captain Marvel is currently at 5/1/2, so unless I get a lot of black and yellow covers in the coming weeks I will probably have to convert it to ISO. Haven't had to axe a threestar cover in a loong time...

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Not super tragic out anything like that, but I had to retreat from the last 2* DDQ node today. The AI just got some absolutely ridiculous cascades. First time I've had to do that in a long, long time.