Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    For some reason, the DST switch doesn't seem to have taken effect for me until today. I needed a nap because I've been sick, so I checked my phone, and it said there were three hours left in the sub. Set an alarm for an hour and a half, and woke up to only a half hour left to finish the sub. No idea what was going on there.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Finally play enough matches with 5* Daredevil that he's at half health and will start generating strikes early in the next match. Next match, AI Cyclops cascades into a billion AP on the first turn and leaves no matches that will put anyone but DD in front, forcing me to watch as he is obliterated by Scott's eyeballs. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starting off a match with three cascades into my most powerful color with Capt Marvel on the enemy team.  By the end of my first turn, each of my guys was down about 7000 health and they had 12 yellow AP.  On the bright side, when I finally got 12 black to cast Rage of the Panther, they didn't need the extra five yellow I gave them!  :anguished:
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    In top gun, thought I could get a quick win, went up against Thing, Falcon, and Gambit (5 black).  Thought I could take out level 89 Gambit easy.  Got crushed with Falcon's pink and Thing's stun. Over. And over. And over again.  
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    133 PvP wins to get a 10-pack with zero 4*s...

...and managed to get Elektra down to 48 HP in DP daily before she cast shadowstep and game over i lost!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Opened 203 Latest Tokens.  Got 1 5* BH.  A black BP bringing him to 7/5/2 :(
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Tackling a Patch - Loki (unboosted) - Daken (unboosted) team in PVP, with my Patch - Cage (champ) - Mordo (champ).

Enemy team gets one of those cascades straight out of hell. It lets Patch fire Berzerker Rage, Loki fire Trickery and Illusions, and still leaves them with enough AP after all that to fire Chemical Reaction, BR, and Illusions again on the next turn. I have 9 AP total at this point. Two turns later, another cascade lets Patch fire his third BR of the match, lets Loki fire Trickery AGAIN, and then on the next turn Patch hit me with a Best There Is for 14K damage.

I still hadn't even gathered enough AP to fire one single power.

I bailed at that point. The AI was clearly angry at me for something and wasn't letting me out alive.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ cover was black for my 5/3/4 Punisher. Well, more like 12/3/4, I think. It's been kind of ludicrous. He's the only 3* other than Elektra and Gambit that I haven't champed yet.
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Watching the agonizing countdown to expiration on an Iceman blue and a 4clops red. Iceman is 10/13 and Cyclops is 11/13. 

The RNG odds are stacked against me covering them in time—so frustrating!

I’m in the 3 to 4* transition and only have one 4* champed so far so this is especially painful to watch! 
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I had the computer do a vertical match four and EVERY SINGLE color to drop was green. 1/2,097,152 odds. 2 days later it happened again (different color). Wasn't unwinnable just statistically astronomical. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I've been aching for the G4mora cover that's in my Enemy of the State vault. In 44 pulls I hadn't gotten a single fourstar pull. Decided to get a tenpack, figured I'd have a decent chance for a fourstar.

Decent wasn't good enough. All two- and threestar covers...

• Il galvanico
    Il galvanico Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    I've got Banner with 5 purples already. I've pulled 2 purple covers one week ago, so i absolutely need 1 cover of another colour (he's 3-4-5 now). Opened 280 cp in classic legends only to find another purple cover and, of course, no BHs at all. This game hates me...
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Finally got a 5* bonus hero!  It was for my Thanos, who badly needs black, but could also use another green.  Got purple, which is already maxed.

Then, when opening a few 20cp tokens, got another Thanos!  Same deal.  Two, sold for ISO, while still wanting black and green.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    So many wasted covers... Jean Grey, Luke C4ge, 2x Cyclops4 Kate Bishop, Spider-Woman and St4r-Lord!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the Behemoth Burrito today, FalCap was the required 4-star.  I used his yellow and made every yellow a very nice protect tile.  The very next turn, the AI uses their Team up - Surgical Strike.  It destroys every last yellow protect tile on the board.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing Kate getting swapped for Punmax in progression next event. Going from her blue cover, which I have one of (one of the few I have at one cover in the 4* tier) to his black, which of course I have five in. Green or blue would have gotten him fully covered. Add one more to rot on the vine. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo said:
    Seeing Kate getting swapped for Punmax in progression next event. Going from her blue cover, which I have one of (one of the few I have at one cover in the 4* tier) to his black, which of course I have five in. Green or blue would have gotten him fully covered. Add one more to rot on the vine. 
    Same here.

That blue would have let me champ Kate (I've saved enough CP and HP for either HfH or an outright buy of the final blue) and save the FOUR covers I have for her in my queue.

Frank is at 531, and has been for months.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Logging in this morning to be greeted by all the points (progression) I had lost in PvP overnight. It really sapped any desire I have to go anywhere in PvP this season.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Noting that at a minimum, the top 20 in my bracket appear to be tapping. On the other hand, if they don't tap enough, that might prove to be a good thing for me...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled the rest of my hoard in one last, desperate attempt to cover 5pidey before he goes into Classics. So of course out of 80 pulls, I get 14 5* covers, eight of them being Daredevil who is already at 4/5/4. I'm thinking about rebalancing him to 5/3/5, but I'm in no position to champ him right now. I have no idea why RNGesus thinks I need so many of his covers, but here I am, swimming in them. My only other options are to roster a dupe or just sell the covers for ISO.

If they all would have been split between 5pidey or Gambit, I could have had all of them basically fully covered. 5pidey is now 5/6/0, but I'm gonna ask for the green to be swapped to red. But a 5/5/1 build is just about the worst. At least I can count on champ rewards now, just wish it wasn't the last cover. The only good thing is that the next time 5pidey comes up in HfH, he should be in Classics and I should be able to nab a red cover for 250 CP.