Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've learned to target Mutations first now. Guard Dog is supremely annoying, especially when there's two of them.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Overslept past my shield expiring and took enough hits that it's not worth the effort of trying to climb further. I was really hoping this would be my first time hitting 900, too.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had 312 Taco Vault tokens, and with Devil Dinosaur in the vault for the only time in a year, this seemed like the perfect time to go through them.  Of the three Four-Star characters/tokens, the first one I got was on Token #201.  The second was token #257.  Devil Dinosaur finally showed up on Token #291.

On the bright side, my two star farm has exploded!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having to sell a third Yondu blue cover with 20 minutes to go before expiry.  17 days at 4/3/5 with him as my only 4* bonus hero, and the single bonus I got was another blue.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Having to sell a third Yondu blue cover with 20 minutes to go before expiry.  17 days at 4/3/5 with him as my only 4* bonus hero, and the single bonus I got was another blue.
    That sucks...
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To avoid that, i've decided to no longer select as bonus hero, cards that have 5 of a color. Bonus heroes are rare, especially in 4* land. I don't want the joy of getting a bonus hero quashed by realizing it's a 6th cover. 

My bad luck in drawing from CP vaults continues. From the 50 something 4* possible, i have all but 10 or so, yet i managed to get 3 in a row i didn't have nor want. 

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Dogface said:
    To avoid that, i've decided to no longer select as bonus hero, cards that have 5 of a color. Bonus heroes are rare, especially in 4* land. I don't want the joy of getting a bonus hero quashed by realizing it's a 6th cover. 

My bad luck in drawing from CP vaults continues. From the 50 something 4* possible, i have all but 10 or so, yet i managed to get 3 in a row i didn't have nor want. 

It feels even worse in 5-star land.  Pulled a 5-star cover from a Classic Legends token, and it's Dr Strange Blue.  That would be the *ninth* blue cover I have pulled for him. :(
  • eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    eddidit said:
    I've given up that I will ever champ my X-23. After sitting at 5/5/1 forever I got a purple cover from the pve, the other covers were wasted, then because why not I got 2 more X-23 red covers. So that's 4 covers that were completely useless to me. So close yet so far away. 
    I'm in the polar opposite position to you and now have a maxed X-23 with two covers waiting and nine days to champion her  The first two covers from the boss battle were her twelfth and thirteenth covers for me, the third reward and the PvE progression reward are currently champion rewards for her. I also landed the thirteenth and fourteenth cover for Cloak and Dagger before the boss battle rewards were announced and I have eight days to champion them.

Post this again in the negative thread and I will relate to that too.
    Because this game lives to kick us while we are down. Literally a few hours after I sold those unusable X-23s they updated the Heroes for Hire to feature more than one cover and low and behold there's that purple x-23 cover I needed. So I could have champed her and gotten a couple of champ rewards in one go if only I had waited just a few more hours. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eddidit said:
    eddidit said:
    I've given up that I will ever champ my X-23. After sitting at 5/5/1 forever I got a purple cover from the pve, the other covers were wasted, then because why not I got 2 more X-23 red covers. So that's 4 covers that were completely useless to me. So close yet so far away. 
    I'm in the polar opposite position to you and now have a maxed X-23 with two covers waiting and nine days to champion her  The first two covers from the boss battle were her twelfth and thirteenth covers for me, the third reward and the PvE progression reward are currently champion rewards for her. I also landed the thirteenth and fourteenth cover for Cloak and Dagger before the boss battle rewards were announced and I have eight days to champion them.

Because this game lives to kick us while we are down. Literally a few hours after I sold those unusable X-23s they updated the Heroes for Hire to feature more than one cover and low and behold there's that purple x-23 cover I needed. So I could have champed her and gotten a couple of champ rewards in one go if only I had waited just a few more hours. 
    Were the unusable ones about to expire anyway? If so, that sucks. 

If not, maybe consider holding on to unusable covers until the last possible moment in the future. You never know what's gonna pop up in a vault or come from a token pull or bonus hero. 

Right before anniversary, I pulled an unusable black De4dpool cover for my 2/5/4 De4dpool. I planned to pull from the Mes Amis store, so I made him my sole 4* BH. In 32 pulls, I got two red De4dpool covers, allowing me to champ him and use the previously unusable black cover to get an LT. I'm sure others have similar stories. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eddidit said:
    eddidit said:

The question remains though... Had you not sold those covers would HfH have offered that cover?  Rest assured if they know what cover you need, they know when you get rid of ones you don't......
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled my 5th purple Mordo cover right before I got the purple one from Progression in DPvMPQ. He's three covers away from Champing.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been scrambling to save CP for Iceman's final green cover, having sold 6 blue ones before pulling a single green one, and having a blue and a purple in my queue. I got to 118 with half an hour left on the blue cover. I'd already hit 575 in Gambit's PvP, but there was no way I could get to 1200 in the time. I bought an Heroic 10-pack, in the hope a champ reward would give me the extra 2 CP. It didn't. It gave me yet another blue Iceman cover, though, so it's all fine, that got to take the place of the 7th one I had to sell.

If I ground my teeth any harder I'd have no enamel left.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No double iso.

Every time double ISO comes I ask why it isn't permanent. For those who have started in the last year - how are you doing?

I'm a long-time vet (started ~6 months in) and no where CLOSE to being iso positive.

The game probably has enough characters that you need almost 2x as much as you did last year.
    And the year before that you needed 2x as much before the previous year.

FOUR TIMES ISO should be standard. 2x only occasionally is ridiculous.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:
    No double iso.

Every time double ISO comes I ask why it isn't permanent. For those who have started in the last year - how are you doing?

I'm a long-time vet (started ~6 months in) and no where CLOSE to being iso positive.

The game probably has enough characters that you need almost 2x as much as you did last year.

FOUR TIMES ISO should be standard. 2x only occasionally is ridiculous.
    Honestly, i have no ISO problems whatsoever. I have over 2 million ISO just sitting there. I play a lot, so I harvest enough ISO along the way. Maybe it's because i got a lot of ISO when the player levels were introduced and people got a backlog of level up rewards.
    Maybe if you buy a lot of cards, you'll need more ISO to champ them, but the way i play (free), my ISO build up outpaces new cards
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Wins based pvp and removal of top prog cp
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
  • Rvns-ascend
    Rvns-ascend Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options