Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Invested some coins so I would get the green Rogue cover from her store. I'm currently at 44/80 and still no Rogue. That was a bit of reality check, given the fact that some where very lucky and pulled her with a couple of event-earned tokens. 
    Other than the daily deals, I've used only event tokens and I'm up to 18 or 19 pulled with no Rogue. I'll do a 10 pack tonight and another tomorrow if I need to, but I'm afraid my results will be similar. 
    I will try 1 or 2 more 10 packs as well. Good luck :smiley:
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Invested some coins so I would get the green Rogue cover from her store. I'm currently at 44/80 and still no Rogue. That was a bit of reality check, given the fact that some where very lucky and pulled her with a couple of event-earned tokens. 
    Other than the daily deals, I've used only event tokens and I'm up to 18 or 19 pulled with no Rogue. I'll do a 10 pack tonight and another tomorrow if I need to, but I'm afraid my results will be similar. 
    Decided to do a 10 pack pull at lunch. Up to 28 pulls and no Rogue. Good luck to you too! 
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4* Wolverine, Kingpin, Iceman and Mordo now sit in my box waiting and hoping that I pull something that isn't a dupe of their color. I knew this horror existed but I didn't think it would come so soon.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Champed Sandman because I didn't want to waste another cover. Sigh, maybe he'll get re-worked soon
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Decided to do a 10 pack pull at lunch. Up to 28 pulls and no Rogue. Good luck to you too! 
    One more 10 pack did the trick! Wish I could have pulled the Professor X purple and LT as well, but super happy to have a green Rogue cover! 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    One more 10 pack did the trick! Wish I could have pulled the Professor X purple and LT as well, but super happy to have a green Rogue cover! 
    Pulled 2 x 10packs this morning. The 11th pull was Rogue. If I knew, I could of just take 1 more cover at 100 coins. But, it's ok. At least I got what I wanted. Good to hear that you did too.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Went into the final clears of sub three in Webbed Wonder in fourth place. With seconds left of one last match I did one last move near the top of the board. And that move started a cascade that kept going, and going, and going, and going. Really? Really? You pick now of all time to give me some massive cascade? It eventually finished and naturally the points didn't count. That was worth 63 points, the guy in 5th ended up finishing ahead of me by about 50 points. Bleh.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Decided to spend an extra 5 CP to open a fan favourite pack, bc of all the useful cards with increased odds. Ended up with Hulk (Totally Awesome). Has ever a name been chosen that's more unfitting ?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,693 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like the Iceman Green cover I want in the Remy Lebau vault is gonna cost me 7200HP. I should have known better not to gamble against a vault with Gambit in it...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Decided to spend an extra 5 CP to open a fan favourite pack, bc of all the useful cards with increased odds. Ended up with Hulk (Totally Awesome). Has ever a name been chosen that's more unfitting ?
    If you champ him and he's boosted for a boss event, you'll change your opinion.  Very helpful with the targeted punch.  He's also a great green generator.  (Eclipsed by vulture now, but still good.)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haven't yet pulled a Devil Dino from the Anniversary Vault. I have pulled a number of other 4* Covers, tho. Specifically, a yellow for my 5/5/0 Peggy, a black for my 2/1/5 Bl4de, and a blue for my 0/1/5 Cyclops. Ugh.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    It's less about them being poorly built, and more that all three of those covers are useless because they're on the colours I already have 5 in, and I'm nowhere near being able to Champ any of them. Three Devil Dino covers seem like they'd be a lot better than than three 4* covers that I'm going to have to sell.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled yet another Mockingbird purple. That's 1/0/7 now. Gotta be freaking kidding me.

And my alliance isn't going to clear Apoc round 6, so no elusive X-23 red. It doesn't help that I've been working 12h days for .. I dunno, at least 10 days now, and have almost zero free time to help out much. Maybe, just maybe I'll nab that red from Honor Among Thieves but I'm not counting on it.

I really should take a break anyway. But I don't recommend ~90 hour work weeks to do so, let me tell ya.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Haven't yet pulled a Devil Dino from the Anniversary Vault. I have pulled a number of other 4* Covers, tho. Specifically, a yellow for my 5/5/0 Peggy, a black for my 2/1/5 Bl4de, and a blue for my 0/1/5 Cyclops. Ugh.
    There are only six 4* covers that are currently useless for me. In the last 7 days, I have drawn five of them, with a Wasp black and R4G green sitting in my queue as well. All I need now is a Peggy red to complete the set :(
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Had a terrible bracket snipe for HAT; started at 949. Then I noticed that the first sub was 48 hours, and that my timers will be hitting the 24 hour mark (when I should be doing a 5th clear) while I'm at work tomorrow. Then I accidentally did the Gambit required node a 5th time. So basically, I think I've pretty much screwed myself out of a T10 or T5 finish in SCL 8. I was really hoping for the T5 too, as that would have taken my 3/3/3 Carnage to 4/4/4, champable with the cover that would come with next event progression. That's all pretty much out the window now.

Then I decided to pull from the Mes Amis store. I wanted at least one cover for each of the 5*s, since I didn't have any. I started pulling and after about the 5th or 6th token, I pulled a black Thano5 cover for my 5/1/4 (technically now 8/1/2, but CS helped me with swaps when he was in Latest). That's when I realized I had been pulling from Fan Favories, not Mes Amis. So, yay for 2000 ISO, I guess? Had to pull 800 CP total to get three red Phoenix covers, one red OML cover and one black Gambit cover. But I was able to champ three vintage 4*s, so it wasn't a total loss.
  • eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I've given up that I will ever champ my X-23. After sitting at 5/5/1 forever I got a purple cover from the pve, the other covers were wasted, then because why not I got 2 more X-23 red covers. So that's 4 covers that were completely useless to me. So close yet so far away. 
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    eddidit said:
    I've given up that I will ever champ my X-23. After sitting at 5/5/1 forever I got a purple cover from the pve, the other covers were wasted, then because why not I got 2 more X-23 red covers. So that's 4 covers that were completely useless to me. So close yet so far away. 
    I'm in the polar opposite position to you and now have a maxed X-23 with two covers waiting and nine days to champion her  The first two covers from the boss battle were her twelfth and thirteenth covers for me, the third reward and the PvE progression reward are currently champion rewards for her. I also landed the thirteenth and fourteenth cover for Cloak and Dagger before the boss battle rewards were announced and I have eight days to champion them.

Post this again in the negative thread and I will relate to that too.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Having countless bad boards in H.A.T. almost giving me brain hemorrhaging in frustration. Blergh. Started Simulator, which  I hate with a passion. The first essential I try is with Jean Grey. Naturally the first three moves gives three match5:s that I had to avoid. The fourth move they got a 30 second long cascade, whereupon I quit in rage. The last I saw was that Jean used her purple ability despite that Gambit should prevent that. Had enough for a while I guess.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I decided to fight the 5* essential node (Nova, Symbiote, Minless One) with boosted X-Force Deadpool and boosted X-Force Wolverine along with Silver Surfer. I thought that I could squeeze out a win but I lost so fast that I never managed to gather enough AP to fire even a single power.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I recently champed 4-star Venom, and thought that he would be good to use against the Mindless ones to prevent their massive shield tiles from preventing damage.  It worked great, and my team of 4-star Luke Cate, 3-star Strange, and 4-star Venom chewed through the Carrier/Devastator/Savage node in no time flat.

Feeling pretty good, I went and tried the previous node with the same team:  Brute/2x Mutation.  You know, the Symbiotes with Guard Dog?  I realized this about a millisecond after I hit the "Fight" button...  Suddenly, matching those 1 pt Yellow protect tiles that showed up every time they fired a power off (because of 3-star Strange) was doing 2K damage to me per tile.  Yeah, it's time to eat some Health packs...