Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed Ragnarok yesterday. It felt... wrong. Not even the legendary token could heal me. Down to 5 3* to champ so that's something I guess. 
    X-23 covers and he's good fodder for Thanos. I also like him for his charged tiles.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He probably won't be giving X-23s much longer. Next shuffle up we will probably see R&G change from Drax to 4* R&G, Gamora to Gamora instead of StarLord, and Daredevil, Colossus & Ragnarok to something new just to cut down on duplication now that there are more 4*s than 3*s.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed Ragnarok yesterday. It felt... wrong. Not even the legendary token could heal me. Down to 5 3* to champ so that's something I guess. 
    I have an odd fondness for Ragnarok. Sure, he's not great, but I think he's fun to play in a quirky way.
    And since he's featured in lightning rounds I use him a lot more than other threestars on my roster...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    I have an odd fondness for Ragnarok. Sure, he's not great, but I think he's fun to play in a quirky way.
    And since he's featured in lightning rounds I use him a lot more than other threestars on my roster...
    I was actually enjoying having him champed when he was featured for TaT. In a goon-heavy event, he tanks blue for Strange, and can add more to the board. I almost never use anything except his red and his enormous pile of health, but those come in useful sometimes.

Worst moment: I was using 5* Cap along with Thanos to clear seed teams in Sakaar Arena. I was on the last match before I was going to need to swap in a different disposable 5*, when he got downed by a Precision Shot team-up. BUCKY NO!
  • Quebbster
    Options
    mexus said:
    Had a top position in PVE.
    Was about to do final clears to secure my top position. But the event ended one hour early. Daylight savings or what it's called.
    So yeah I ended top 50 instead.
    That's the problem when the phone does the time change automatically. Always double check in game how much time you have left when DST begins or ends.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Prejoined my usual slice for Venom Bomb (S2), forgetting that it doesn't work at all for my schedule during the week between the clock changes. Just as well I don't play for placement. This will not go well.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,565 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Going to bed on Sunday evening knowing I only need 1500 points to get the 30CP in R&G and waking up at 6AM to find that the event just ended because the clocks went back an hour and feeling like an idiot for not realizing the effect on this game.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Missed T10 in Strange's PvP by like 15 points. I wasn't really trying for it, so it's not the end of the world, but would have been nice. 
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    7th Blue for my unchamped Jean Grey
  • djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    During Back On The  Scene my opponents just got the whole top row - ALL 8 - to turn to green. I died shortly thereafter
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Scoring over 1400 points in PVP and missing out on top 10 and the extra 15 CP
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    For most of the Sakaar Arena event over the weekend, I was going back and forth with a guy for the top spot on the leaderboard, but on Monday I started pulling away. I was really liking how much ISO and tokens I've been getting, so didn't really let up on how much I was playing.

Then this morning out of nowhere, some other guy was within 100 points. Now it looks like he'll probably end up winning. Seriously, I have no idea where this guy came from.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    OJSP said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Then this morning out of nowhere, some other guy was within 100 points. Now it looks like he'll probably end up winning. Seriously, I have no idea where this guy came from.
    Someone with a strong roster can get 600 pts per event. If we only play to beat seed teams and maybe one or two more to get 250 pts, they can quickly catch up in a couple of days. Especially while we are sleeping.

Yeah, there is a guy in my 20 player Group who is in the top 10 of the big leaderboard. He doesn't seem to play all the rounds (or maybe he mostly plays when I sleep), but when he plays he usually bags around 600 Points while I usually hit 100 or 200, mostly from seeds.
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    430 LT pulls and my gambit is still 5/2/5. Got 7 covers for him pending so CS will swap but still, I'm glad I had a big hoard ready to go instead of the magical 300
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wasting 550 cp with no 5* pulls.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled 8 times with 200 CP from 5* Thor LT vault hoping to get lucky and nab a cover for him for future required PvE nodes. On the fourth pull the  legendary icon came up and I held my breath excitedly.... only to receive BagBanner.  :'( 

At 0/3/0 he is probably my most useless character.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Just looked at the update thread for the upcoming PvP progression rewards. Punmax black, Quake blue, Rhulk red. Care to guess which colors I have at 5 covers for ALL of them? 

Seriously, ANY of the other two colors would have worked. Also happened with Fury blue this season, but I'll at least be champing him, so that's less of a waste. 
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Getting most of my characters killed thanks to the ungraceful switch from PDT to PST during Enemy of the State. 
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Knew I had Ares champed/max. Pulled a few covers of him, sold 144 level Ares to start new Ares. Forgot he was 2-star required during EotS. Not that it really matters that much, but this isn't the first time I've done that. Haha.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got held up at work (by 2.5 hours) and arrived home just as the sub was ending, so missed my final grind completely. Then, when I had just started my clears of the next sub, our power went off for 2 hours. We don't have mobile reception and our internet is via satellite so doesn't work with no power.

Bah.