Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Pulled the rest of my hoard in one last, desperate attempt to cover 5pidey before he goes into Classics. So of course out of 80 pulls, I get 14 5* covers, eight of them being Daredevil who is already at 4/5/4. I'm thinking about rebalancing him to 5/3/5, but I'm in no position to champ him right now. I have no idea why RNGesus thinks I need so many of his covers, but here I am, swimming in them. My only other options are to roster a dupe or just sell the covers for ISO.

If they all would have been split between 5pidey or Gambit, I could have had all of them basically fully covered. 5pidey is now 5/6/0, but I'm gonna ask for the green to be swapped to red. But a 5/5/1 build is just about the worst. At least I can count on champ rewards now, just wish it wasn't the last cover. The only good thing is that the next time 5pidey comes up in HfH, he should be in Classics and I should be able to nab a red cover for 250 CP.
    I've built my DD5 to 460, he has become my favorite character. Champ him, you won't regret it. 1 champ 5 won't affect your MMR too badly, and he is a good one.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Pulled the rest of my hoard in one last, desperate attempt to cover 5pidey before he goes into Classics. So of course out of 80 pulls, I get 14 5* covers, eight of them being Daredevil who is already at 4/5/4. I'm thinking about rebalancing him to 5/3/5, but I'm in no position to champ him right now. I have no idea why RNGesus thinks I need so many of his covers, but here I am, swimming in them. My only other options are to roster a dupe or just sell the covers for ISO.

If they all would have been split between 5pidey or Gambit, I could have had all of them basically fully covered. 5pidey is now 5/6/0, but I'm gonna ask for the green to be swapped to red. But a 5/5/1 build is just about the worst. At least I can count on champ rewards now, just wish it wasn't the last cover. The only good thing is that the next time 5pidey comes up in HfH, he should be in Classics and I should be able to nab a red cover for 250 CP.
    I've built my DD5 to 460, he has become my favorite character. Champ him, you won't regret it. 1 champ 5 won't affect your MMR too badly, and he is a good one.
    ISO is my barrier. I'm at about 180K. It would be pushing it to pull down 400K in two weeks. Not to mention Yondu is fully covered but only at  Level 94 with at least three covers on the vine. And Teen Jean will probably need some levels in her to beat her Crash (5/5/2 but only Level 115). And I have four 2*s with covers clogging up my queue because I've been using ISO to champ 4*s.

I do have two 2*s I can harvest, but I doubt I'll get another SHIELD rank, since I'm back to hoarding. I dunno, maybe I'll put minimal levels into Jean and Yondu, burn the Yondu covers, and continue ignoring my 2*s. Hopefully that could be enough to champ DD.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    DarthDeVo said:

ISO is my barrier. I'm at about 180K. It would be pushing it to pull down 400K in two weeks. Not to mention Yondu is fully covered but only at  Level 94 with at least three covers on the vine. And Teen Jean will probably need some levels in her to beat her Crash (5/5/2 but only Level 115). And I have four 2*s with covers clogging up my queue because I've been using ISO to champ 4*s.

I do have two 2*s I can harvest, but I doubt I'll get another SHIELD rank, since I'm back to hoarding. I dunno, maybe I'll put minimal levels into Jean and Yondu, burn the Yondu covers, and continue ignoring my 2*s. Hopefully that could be enough to champ DD.

Do it. Burn everything, chase every drop of Iso you can. I freakin love Dardevil - he has replaced Black Panther as my partner of choice with Thanos.
    180k + 120 from 2*s leaves you only 270k in 2 weeks, which is very achievable.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Do it. Burn everything, chase every drop of Iso you can. I freakin love Dardevil - he has replaced Black Panther as my partner of choice with Thanos.
    180k + 120 from 2*s leaves you only 270k in 2 weeks, which is very achievable.
    I am leaning that direction. I will also be getting 13 and 14th covers for Thing in the Hulk event and hopefully one more Teen Jean green to get her fully covered through placement in that event. Thing is already at 209, so wouldn't have as far to go. I just hate how backloaded the cost of a 4* is.
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    @DarthDeVo

5* Champ level rewards are WAY better than 4* champ rewards. I'd burn 3 4* covers to save 1 5* cover. Good luck!!!
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    @DarthDeVo

5* Champ level rewards are WAY better than 4* champ rewards. I'd burn 3 4* covers to save 1 5* cover. Good luck!!!
    I think this will be my plan. @Milk Jugz and @CT1888, what is your build for Daredevil? As I said, mine's 4/5/4, but I read a pretty convincing post in his character thread that 5/3/5 is his ideal build. Thoughts? 
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    @DarthDeVo
    It depends on who I run with him, 5 yellow is a must. If I run him with Phoenix or Ock I go 5/4/4. If I run him with Parker or Thanos 5/3/5. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    @DarthDeVo

I think this will be my plan. @Milk Jugz and @CT1888, what is your build for Daredevil? As I said, mine's 4/5/4, but I read a pretty convincing post in his character thread that 5/3/5 is his ideal build. Thoughts? 
    5/3/5.
    Green is what you use if you have the AP, you bring him for strikes, healing and stun.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Running Elektra, Kamala Khan, and Hood in "The Rider Awakens" wave node, and get through the first wave relatively unharmed.  Elektra has several traps out, stole several of Daken's strike tiles away, and even has a Ballet of Death out in the corner.  Life is good...until Loki comes out with the Illusions to end all Illusions.  Two match-5 columns on opposite sides of the board and a black match 4 which completely wipe out every last special tile I have.  Next turn, another Illusions into a Match-5 green for a World Rupture for Sentry.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Rider Awakens. I haven't wiped on that node like that since I was in 2* land or something. At SCL6, it should be easily within my range, but not with boards like that. I was on track for t20 until then, too.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just one more spot, I would have had an additional purple MEHulk instead of just the yellow.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been pulling off some truly terrible bracket snipe attempts in PvE recently, even with skipping the first day of the event. Hearts of Darkness, I found myself starting in 798th place. Whatever was before that I literally started in 1000th place. Hoo-boy.
  • Ougabooga
    Ougabooga Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My Worst MPQ moment of the day was going 6/100 on the Latest Token pulls. Come on D3 raise my % draw rate please!
  • DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    Options
    fanghoul said:
    I've been pulling off some truly terrible bracket snipe attempts in PvE recently, even with skipping the first day of the event. Hearts of Darkness, I found myself starting in 798th place. Whatever was before that I literally started in 1000th place. Hoo-boy.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65894/bracket-updates-get-them-here-for-all-pve-events-and-pvp-season-updates#latest

@fanghoul Learn it. Love it. 
  • DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So, whilst pulling my hoard this weekend, 5pidey got to 5/6/0. I requested a swap for the extra green to red, which sounds like that will happen. 

Then I saw the announcement about 4* champ rewards and that I had enough to get the first cover from Vulture. Too bad it was in the blue I had just maxed. 

Then I thought, "Oh, but perhaps if I put in a request RIGHT AWAY before Thor kicks him out, maybe, juuuust maaayyyybe, I can get that fixed too."

Alas, it wasn't meant to be. The tokens updated before I had a chance to switch to R140 and get my cover. I suppose I could still try, but I know the answer already: Peter Parker isn't in Latest Legends, and therefore isn't eligible for a swap. 

5/5/1 it is for the foreseeable future. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yesterday when I had to sacrifice a T20 placement to the realities of life and my parents' longstanding pre-thanksgiving tradition. I tried to sneak in my final clears but I got busted and told to put the phone away... lol.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought that the chance at getting a 5* pulling a latest legends token should be 1 over 7, am I wrong?

Yesterday I opened my 26 LT and spent 800cps all in Latest legends tokens, for a total of 58 pulls.

The results? .... 1 DD  2 Gambit   1 Thor ....     Damn RNG you ruined my day!  >:)
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not quite ready to empty out my LT stash, thought I'd pull a little until I hit some of the latest 5*s for their respective essential nodes. First pull: Gambit black! Next thirteen pulls: nary a 5* in sight.  :s
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Woke up this morning, opened up MPQ to check my placement/rewards from day 1 of Webbed Wonder. No rewards. Realized that the first "day" is actually a 2 day sub  :p

Well ****, maybe I can still hit max progression anyway.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Went in to do my final clears on the first sub of Webbed Wonder. Forgot that I switched back to S3 from S4, and it was already 5 hours too late :(