Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was one match away from hitting 900 in the Mystique PVP and getting that much needed black cover for my 1/5/5 Moon Knight. I win the match and find that I've been knocked down to below 800...
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    justsing said:
    I was one match away from hitting 900 in the Mystique PVP and getting that much needed black cover for my 1/5/5 Moon Knight. I win the match and find that I've been knocked down to below 800...
    The downside of point based PvP.
  • Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Yesterday, first time trying crash! Lvl 78 vs lvl 270. Well, i die from match damage before he gets the chance to really use his powers.

Noticed this morning that i choosed SCL 7 instead of 4 like usual. Took all my medkits for the first clear (and i didnt even have time for the essentials). I also don't have the 4* and 5* essential. Guess i won't have full progression. =(
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,273 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was positive I was on track for full progression in The Hunt, having done 4X clears on every node (including Daredevil) in CL7, until i got through it last night, and realized that even after closing out every node Savage that I was going to be 1200pts short somehow...I'm hoping that the nodes recharge points enough by the time my slice ends that I'll be able to pick it up, but it's not looking good. Given the recharge rates, am I better off tapping for low points/hour, or is there no functional difference between just waiting until right before it locks out to see if enough points grow back?

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    18 pulls from LT until I got a 5* (red Gambit).....weren't the odds  1vs7 ?
    RNG hates me
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was positive I was on track for full progression in The Hunt, having done 4X clears on every node (including Daredevil) in CL7, until i got through it last night, and realized that even after closing out every node Savage that I was going to be 1200pts short somehow...I'm hoping that the nodes recharge points enough by the time my slice ends that I'll be able to pick it up, but it's not looking good. Given the recharge rates, am I better off tapping for low points/hour, or is there no functional difference between just waiting until right before it locks out to see if enough points grow back?

Since they lowered the points of the 5* nodes in SCL7 (it was back to it's originally high value in DPvsMPQ for some reason, but the extremely low point value for the 5* in The Hunt appears to be the new standard), the 4x clears of everything doesn't get you progression like it did a month ago.  Generally, if you 4x everything and 6x the trivials you get close enough that an extra clear here or there on the last sub does it without really increasing your effort.  That being said, I only occasionally play above the 8CP in PVE, so you probably want someone else to confirm this, but it worked for me in the past.  Good luck. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seeing Thano5 was part of the Angel of Death store and Panther was in the Family Legends store. Panther is fully covered, but I have no ISO to champ him, not to mention he would be my second 5* champ and I'm not ready to make that jump. 

Thano5 is 5/1/4 (really 8/1/2) and BSS is 1/0/0. I just know that IF I pull a 5* cover from that store, it WILL be Thano5 black. 
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PVP scl9. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

We waited how long....for this?!?

How long do we have to wait to actually get some decent PVP rewards that give real player progression?

Like say....4* covers for alliances? Which should have been a thing in SCL7?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:

How long do we have to wait to actually get some decent PVP rewards that give real player progression?

The rewards are a joke, aren't they?? Progression gets you 450 iso more than in cl8...... Oh boy.....
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I understand why the reward increase is minor though; the enemies you face aren’t more or less difficult than before. You’re fighting the same players as before regardless of which SCL you choose. Story prizes increase more noticibly because your fights become noticibly harder as you move up. Yes, I’d like to see better prizes too, especially 3* cover placement (SCL9 will have a smaller portion of the community after all, so that distribution at least should extend to 100). Thing is though, this small increase is good in another way:
    Whales are going to be less reluctant to spead out. They have 3 SCLs to choose from, but if the SCL9 prizes were AMAZING, they would be too likely to crowd in there and people making less than 1200 would think “I can move up for better prizes” and instead be stuck in top 200 with over 1000 points. The small increase is frustrating, but it’s probably the better decision for overall Vesus health.
    I would have posted in the Season Update thread, but I really didn’t want a notice of 400 new messages of player wrath per day.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    SnowcaTT said:

The rewards are a joke, aren't they?? Progression gets you 450 iso more than in cl8...... Oh boy.....
     Don't spend it all in one place. 
  • MiguelD
    MiguelD Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When I saw that there's only an ISO sale....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,273 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @ZootSax
    That's good to know regarding the points; I tried SCL8 in the event just prior to DP vs MPQ, and my roster just isn't there yet to comfortably do it every day with a reasonable clear speed. I like coasting in 7 because my 6-cover 5* Lord/Champion Rocket can very quickly match their way through most of the nodes. I've been accruing more 4* champions though, so I'm sure i'll be better positioned before too long to move up.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wasn't paying attention, and skipped a seed team in Cover Squirrel
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    justsing said:
    Same exact soul-crushing disappointment on the Squirrelgirl pvp. I need the Nick Fury to max cover—sense of urgency because I have two blue covers dying on the vine. 

Everytime I try a hop, I come out with a win and the game sometimes even says I’m over 900 score wise.  But then inevitably I get the delayed message telling me how I dropped -125 points.

I’ve blown enough hp and dropped enough points to just say screw it and give up trying.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Alliance pulled up about 800,000 short from getting full progression against Apocalypse. We had seemed to be on a really good pace too, but really hit a wall in the final round. 

Still, I managed to never wipe once and the cover I got from personal progression was probably one of my more desired covers in 4* land. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Finn said:
    justsing said:
    Same exact soul-crushing disappointment on the Squirrelgirl pvp. I need the Nick Fury to max cover—sense of urgency because I have two blue covers dying on the vine. 

Everytime I try a hop, I come out with a win and the game sometimes even says I’m over 900 score wise.  But then inevitably I get the delayed message telling me how I dropped -125 points.

I’ve blown enough hp and dropped enough points to just say screw it and give up trying.
    That sucks!!

Since you have covers dying on the vine, did HfH trigger for you? 
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    justsing said:
    The Finn said:
    justsing said:

That sucks!!

Since you have covers dying on the vine, did HfH trigger for you? 
    Indeed it did but I don’t have the 3600 hp ATM to buy it!
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    RNG gods are hating on me.  Last 3 legendary draws, were all a 6th or more covers on still in progress 4 stars, 10th yellow Wasp,  6th black Luke Cage, millionth green venom.  All are going to die on the vine for sure.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just had to roster a dupe 2* for the first time. Ares is now at 11/9/1 this rotation.