Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• GibbletsGrabber
    GibbletsGrabber Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Wait, let me get this straight...

1. After a week of not playing you weren’t kicked out of your alliance?

2. You wonder why your top scorer left?

3. You thought your 300 points will help your alliance in season ranking? Maybe if you are looking to lock in that top 5,000 place.

4. Why would you think you have grasp on the game if you play once a week or two?

5. But most of all, why post here if you don’t play or care? 

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, let me get this straight...

1. After a week of not playing you weren’t kicked out of your alliance?

2. You wonder why your top scorer left?

3. You thought your 300 points will help your alliance in season ranking? Maybe if you are looking to lock in that top 5,000 place.

4. Why would you think you have grasp on the game if you play once a week or two?

5. But most of all, why post here if you don’t play or care? 

Who are you responding to? I don't see any posts from the last week or so that matches this. Perhaps you could quote the relevant post?
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Buying my last cover for Peggy for 120 CP, then pulling that same cover from a random token immediately afterwards. Thanks, RNG!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,148 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    My Iron Fist going from 14K down to 3K health, on the enemy turn, from Guard Dog on the Carnage/Mutationx2 node where he's required thanks to a Carnage Cascade-o-Doom.

Edit - Oh yeah, forgot to add in that because Carnage throws down a couple of Attack tiles, Iron Fist doesn't put his down.  It's the only time I've changed him to 5/5/3.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other than Venom Bomb, the only event that I have a substantial number of tokens stockpiled for is EotS. And there is no EotS vault, it's replaced by America & Friends. So the two events I have a bunch of tokens stockpiled for just happened back to back without getting to use any of my tokens, or build up the stock further.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Joined Slice 4 of EotS before realizing that I hadn't gotten my America covers yet because I played Slice 5 for Venom Bomb... So I couldn't clear the 4* essential node until 3 hours later... 
  • Quebbster
    justsing said:
    Joined Slice 4 of EotS before realizing that I hadn't gotten my America covers yet because I played Slice 5 for Venom Bomb... So I couldn't clear the 4* essential node until 3 hours later... 
    First sub is 48 hours long and node points increase substantially towards the end. You'll be fine.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,148 Chairperson of the Boards
    Joining Venom Bomb as #996
    And as a follow up, fighting my way all the way up in the event all the way up to... #102 at the end.
  • GibbletsGrabber
    unco_dan said:
    i've been back at it for a while so i guess i should edit this post. original post is in spoilers below. i've kinda moved past caring what the devs do and am just enjoying playing the game with others in the community now.
    ...cause i despise that other thread (nothing personal against the op) and dont believe in moral victories. and cause i've had it and just dont give a tinykitty anymore. really, the best moment one could have with mpq is the moment it's uninstalled from your phone forever.

that said, not sure if there's such a thing as a worst 'moment', as it's just ALL bad. after not opening mpq for a week, realized that it was the last day of the season from chatter on LINE. ok, so bad moment #1. all the chatter on LINE was over one of our top scorers ditching us on the last day. whereas before we were well in the top100, we are now sitting at #100 on the spot. ok, so i feel bad for my alliance mates who still cared and want that kingpin cover so i opened up mpq (bad moment #2) and decided to push some points to help out the alliance. first match after seed teams in DP pvp, my entire team needs health packs (bad moment #3). i was doing good and about to win the match unscathed until, yep, you guessed it...ridiculous cascade into multiple abilities and whales was dropped on me (ok, so 4 bad moments, but of course this wouldnt have happened if not everyone and their mothers were buffed). after the ai decided it was done with its hour-long turn, i won two turns later. i was running max DP, cage, and lvl300 4or btw. i skip around and realize its all max 240 teams and i thought to myself...this is pointless. i'll likely get another 100 points before i'm out of health packs and out of heroes that can compete with max 240 teams. so i shut down the game. (which is always the least worst mpq moment of the day).

lol the 'fun' part of the game has become how quickly i can be done with playing it smh. anyways, this is definitely my last season, and any effort (which is very little) that i've even tried to put into this game lately has only been for the sake of my alliance cause they're some of the best people one could ever ask to suffer with through a trainwreck of a game like this one. so i guess this doubles as my retirement post. finally. now i can get back to playing future fight!

edit: feel free to do whatever ya'll want with this thread. use it to vent. use it to argue. or just let it fade into oblivion, i care not. just remember.. negativity is simply reality for those who aren't sippin the kool aid
    Was talking about the very first post that started this thread. 

My bad.
  • GibbletsGrabber
    Got to read the spoiler 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    I decided to pull my mini-hoard this morning to get as many Daredevil champ levels as possible before he shuffles into Classics. I also thought I might have a decent chance at getting Nico to 10 covers (starting from 1/1/2) to finish the top portion of SHIELD Training and get an extra cover for America. I set Nico as my sole 4* BH and got to pulling. 

After what ended up being 90 pulls I got precisely one BH for Nico and one other Nico cover, to finish at 2/1/3. My MEHulk made it to 2/4/5 though, so I got that going for me, which is good. :neutral:
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realizing that a 7 day event might not have been the best choice for experimenting with SCL9. I can beat the missions, but this is going to be a serious slog.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Being reminded of so much of what makes pvp suck kitty and losing my voice from screaming so much.

I'd already past 900 a day ago so at least that was done, but with a few hours to go I wanted to secure t50 to get IM40 covers instead of whoever the 2*was. Unfortunately I was playing at work and had had a lot of distractions. Finally with an hour to go I was able to find some time to play.

It started out ok, but as I got closer I kept either A) getting attacked and not gaining any ground, or b) the points I would receive wohld be about half what was displayed prior to the fight. Serously, choosing a fight for 42 points and then only receiving 17 is total horsedung. I screamed so much I could barely speak, which really sucked since a slew of calls started coming in.

Eventally I did manage to get in 1 good fight without being attacked to jump from 54th to 41st and threw up a shield with 4 mins to go. Good thing too since I still got attacked twice for no loss in that time.

And this is why I hate pvp, because even when I succeed it still makes me miserable. Here's to some change coming, whatever it may be.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    Being reminded of so much of what makes pvp suck kitty and losing my voice from screaming so much.

I'd already past 900 a day ago so at least that was done, but with a few hours to go I wanted to secure t50 to get IM40 covers instead of whoever the 2*was. Unfortunately I was playing at work and had had a lot of distractions. Finally with an hour to go I was able to find some time to play.

It started out ok, but as I got closer I kept either A) getting attacked and not gaining any ground, or b) the points I would receive wohld be about half what was displayed prior to the fight. Serously, choosing a fight for 42 points and then only receiving 17 is total horsedung. I screamed so much I could barely speak, which really sucked since a slew of calls started coming in.

Eventally I did manage to get in 1 good fight without being attacked to jump from 54th to 41st and threw up a shield with 4 mins to go. Good thing too since I still got attacked twice for no loss in that time.

And this is why I hate pvp, because even when I succeed it still makes me miserable. Here's to some change coming, whatever it may be.

Ah, you work for MPQ's CS department, I assume.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I wish. At least then my screaming would have reached who it was directed at.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Brought Black Bolt to 13 covers with one on the vine. . . the day after I demolished my 2* farm to champ Winter Soldier, Kingpin & Spider-Gwen. You think I can make 470K iso in a week?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daily patch hits, 46 pulls, no Gambit. Not 1. 3 Thor (3/4/5) and an Archangel though. Really hoping to get those last Black and Red covers before he cycles to Classic. And yeah, Thor. I get it. You have a movie. It was fun. Now get out of the way!
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 821 Critical Contributor
    Failing to fully cover 5* Daredevil before he dropped out of Latest, failing to get a single 5* cover from approximately 20 pulls before he dropped out of latest, spending 140 CP on classics (already have one Archangel cover, so meh to more Latest), getting TWO 5* covers, neither of which were Daredevil, and no bonus DD cover for either of them. So close to having my first fully covered 5* hero, but so far away, too. Queue Dire Straits.
  • Quebbster
    JSP869 said:
    Failing to fully cover 5* Daredevil before he dropped out of Latest, failing to get a single 5* cover from approximately 20 pulls before he dropped out of latest, spending 140 CP on classics (already have one Archangel cover, so meh to more Latest), getting TWO 5* covers, neither of which were Daredevil, and no bonus DD cover for either of them. So close to having my first fully covered 5* hero, but so far away, too. Queue Dire Straits.

Are you only one cover away? If so, setting him as your bonus hero might help.

At any rate, there's no rush to cover Daredevil. He's good, but not game changing, so he's not the best fivestar to start the fivestar transition with anyway.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    unco_dan said:
    i've been back at it for a while so i guess i should edit this post. original post is in spoilers below. i've kinda moved past caring what the devs do and am just enjoying playing the game with others in the community now.
    ...cause i despise that other thread (nothing personal against the op) and dont believe in moral victories. and cause i've had it and just dont give a tinykitty anymore. really, the best moment one could have with mpq is the moment it's uninstalled from your phone forever.

that said, not sure if there's such a thing as a worst 'moment', as it's just ALL bad. after not opening mpq for a week, realized that it was the last day of the season from chatter on LINE. ok, so bad moment #1. all the chatter on LINE was over one of our top scorers ditching us on the last day. whereas before we were well in the top100, we are now sitting at #100 on the spot. ok, so i feel bad for my alliance mates who still cared and want that kingpin cover so i opened up mpq (bad moment #2) and decided to push some points to help out the alliance. first match after seed teams in DP pvp, my entire team needs health packs (bad moment #3). i was doing good and about to win the match unscathed until, yep, you guessed it...ridiculous cascade into multiple abilities and whales was dropped on me (ok, so 4 bad moments, but of course this wouldnt have happened if not everyone and their mothers were buffed). after the ai decided it was done with its hour-long turn, i won two turns later. i was running max DP, cage, and lvl300 4or btw. i skip around and realize its all max 240 teams and i thought to myself...this is pointless. i'll likely get another 100 points before i'm out of health packs and out of heroes that can compete with max 240 teams. so i shut down the game. (which is always the least worst mpq moment of the day).

lol the 'fun' part of the game has become how quickly i can be done with playing it smh. anyways, this is definitely my last season, and any effort (which is very little) that i've even tried to put into this game lately has only been for the sake of my alliance cause they're some of the best people one could ever ask to suffer with through a trainwreck of a game like this one. so i guess this doubles as my retirement post. finally. now i can get back to playing future fight!

edit: feel free to do whatever ya'll want with this thread. use it to vent. use it to argue. or just let it fade into oblivion, i care not. just remember.. negativity is simply reality for those who aren't sippin the kool aid
    Was talking about the very first post that started this thread. 

My bad.
    Despite what the date on the post shows (that was from the forum migration), that post was from 2015 and the poster hasn't been online in 2 years.

Username
    unco_dan
    Visits
    Last Active
    January 2016

Needless to say I don't think your comment is relevant anymore nor will it be seen by him lol.