Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tried to snipe the Blade PVP and jump in 4.7 with an hour to go...only I hadn't joined the season yet so now I'm stuck in SCL 7 for the whole season...****.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tried to snipe the Blade PVP and jump in 4.7 with an hour to go...only I hadn't joined the season yet so now I'm stuck in SCL 7 for the whole season...tinykitty.

Progression rewards aren't that different and placement is easier in SCL at least. It may not end up a bad thing.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully this will only be my worst moment. I just looked at the preview thread and saw that Kingpin is the placement reward for top 10 in Honor Among Thieves. So my Kingpin will be like my fourth 4* in a row to go to 5/2/5. First was Nightcrawler, then Fury, then XFDP. It's like Demi is monitoring my roster and thinking, "How can we screw with him next?" 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, it turns out that there's a big difference between the SCL9 5* Node when I have a half-covered Gambit against almost entirely goons, and when I have a single-cover Phoenix against tile-movers. At least I have a lot of Deadpool points?
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Every time Shield Training comes around, having to fight a fully covered opponent with a 1-3 cover new character. Yeah, thanks for nothing... what kind of thought process was going on when this was set up? Oh right... NONE at all.

I get my behind handed to me several times now against Spider-Gwen, and my Kraven is a whopping 0/2/1... the ability to stun lock me is an added bonus I guess. Sheesh  :|
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Tried to snipe the Blade PVP and jump in 4.7 with an hour to go...only I hadn't joined the season yet so now I'm stuck in SCL 7 for the whole season...tinykitty.

Progression rewards aren't that different and placement is easier in SCL at least. It may not end up a bad thing.
    I'm usually just outside the top 100 so if I can pull top 50 it wouldn't be so bad.  As it is I'm in a top 100 alliance and being in SCL 7 will cost me 5000 iso at the end...live and learn.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finding out that Jean Grey's anti-match-5 power is triggered *before* Thanos's Court Death if you make a match-5 to kill someone else on the opposing team.  As an added bonus, she had enough purple to cast Mind Over Matter, which got rid of all of the Strike tiles my Patch had created a turn earlier.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Couldn't even manage a T20 finish for Kraven. It will never cease to amaze me the number of cascades and match-5s the AI "lucks into" during The Rider Awakens. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Couldn't even manage a T20 finish for Kraven. It will never cease to amaze me the number of cascades and match-5s the AI "lucks into" during The Rider Awakens. 
    I had a mild scare tonight. Came into my grind in 4th in my bracket in cl7. I had no shot at top 2 so I started early to just get my clears done and chill for my guaranteed Kraven covers. I think I did the Beast node last. Finished with six minutes left. So relieved that I'm done and I check the leaderboard for the sub. 400 points behind the leaders. "400?!!! HOW?!!!! What the hell did I miss?!" I'm checking everything because there aren't any tappers in my bracket so I know I must have screwed up somewhere. And there it is. That stupid The Rider Awakens node. Six minutes to finish this stupid node. You know what? It'll suck but I'll knock it out. First wave was no problem. Running America with Grocket and Gamora. Building a nice amount of ap then they just completely go off on me and do this insane cascade like they knew that I was using America. "Well, America is completely useless now. Lovely. Want to make it even harder and kill off my Grocket and Gamora while you're at it?" They didn't but they did something just as cruel. Magneto flooded the board with protect tiles TWICE so I was only doing like 50 damage each attack. Trying to match away as many protect tiles as possible and then America makes her majestic comeback. Grocket's strikes, Gamora's attack tiles and America starts punching like there's no tomorrow. I complete the node with maybe 5 seconds left in the event.

But that stress didn't matter because I still had a substantial lead so even if I had just quit the node when it got ugly I would have come in 4th place anyway and top 10 for the sub wasn't in danger either. Hooray for useless stress.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I decided now would be a good time to use some CP on Latest Legends since Behold Thanos is coming up and I could really use a few more Thor covers to get him useable (currently 3/2/5). I had 700 CP saved up, so 28 pulls right there not factoring in bonus pulls. I might also get enoug America Chavez covers to champ her...

End result of those 30+ pulls? Two fivestar covers in all, Gambit and Archangel. Got some Chavez covers, but now she's 3/5/3 and I have Three yellow covers dying on the vine.

Oh well. I suppose Riri works as a Gambit partner too. I guess I will keep pulling LTs as often as possible until I champ Chavez though...

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not just worst MPQ moment, but it does apply. Arrived at the airport at 7 this morning (UTC), discovered the cheapskates only allow 2 hours of free Wi-Fi, and then my flight was cancelled. I'll have missed my ferry home by the time the next flight gets in, and missed my grind and clears for s2 by hours by the time I get to a hotel, some time around 8 this evening.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad - Having the Scarlet Witch countdown tile appear in the corner.
    Really bad- The three tiles surrounding it are already purple, with no matches available to get rid of them.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Attempting to beat Miles Morales with my 0/3/1 lvl 111 Kraven in Shield Training... 8 attempts so far where I can get no team-up AP for a damaging move or where the AI lucks into at least 6-9 red ap or 7+ pink AP. Yeah sure.. this feels very random and totally not like "I'm suppused to lose". Great stuff, does this nonsense ever stop?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Getting to the last node of Webbed Wonder, getting the Howard cover, getting a useless blue for my 2/5/5 Howard.  How many other players have 2 useless Howard covers on their vine today?  And they are purple and blue, so I can’t even combine them for a little extra iso.  In 3 months I can try again....
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got top 20 for Kraven's PvP instead of usual top 5. Lost 25 HP due to throwing up a shield. 50 -75 = -25

Players are hot for Thanos covers. This is further proven when the majority of players are using their (mostly) fully covered Thanos instead of the loaner Thanos for the running Thanos PvP. I will be eating lots of healthpack for Thanos PvP. Worst of all, I only have 2-4 strong characters. I'm expecting worser performance for this PvP.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Got top 20 for Kraven's PvP instead of usual top 5. Lost 25 HP due to throwing up a shield. 50 -75 = -25

Players are hot for Thanos covers. This is further proven when the majority of players are using their (mostly) fully covered Thanos instead of the loaner Thanos for the running Thanos PvP. I will be eating lots of healthpack for Thanos PvP. Worst of all, I only have 2-4 strong characters. I'm expecting worser performance for this PvP.

Ah yes, Behold Healthpa... err, Behold Thanos. What a wonderful event. The last time it ran, I had just been starting to consistently hit 900 in PvP, but not this event. I think I called it quits at around 725 or 750 after blowing a lot of HP on healthpacks. I can't remember if I made 800 and fell back down or never even made 800, I just remember it was the only event of that season I didn't hit 900. Hopefully I can do better this time. Having a champed 5* Daredevil should help. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    My strongest 2 characters are champed 3* at 16X, with between 8500-9500 hp. I'm going to eat ~ 2000 damage from the effect of Court Death
    for both my characters. It looks like I'm going to use up 2 healthpacks for every 2 match victories.

I heard a lot of great things about 5* DD - starting the match with <50% hp. It's still a long road to get there. My best friends for Thanos PvP would be 2* Wolverine and 2* Daken for now.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My strongest 2 characters are champed 3* at 16X, with between 8500-9500 hp. I'm going to eat ~ 2000 damage from the effect of Court Death
    for both my characters. It looks like I'm going to use up 2 healthpacks for every 2 match victories.

I heard a lot of great things about 5* DD - starting the match with <50% hp. It's still a long road to get there. My best friends for Thanos PvP would be 2* Wolverine and 2* Daken for now.
    And those will feed into your 3* Wolverine and Daken. Those will be decent health pack savers for you. Doesn’t help now, but be sure to use those 2* Champ rewards, build new copies to get those rewards again, and get those two Champed up. They were my base duo for quite a while. You just need someone to deal with the purple strike tiles when using them in Simulator.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Right now, it's Captain Marvel and SW, and none of them are boosted. Court Death will activate twice per match unless I can defeat all three characters simultaneously, which is impossible.

My typical opponents are usually team with;

1) 2 5* with 1-3 covers
    2) 1 5* with champed 3* 
    3) any combination with KK, IM40, Doctor Strange, Luke Cage, Iron Fist
    4) boosted characters (which is pretty obvious)
    5) characters with 20k to 30k hp as I enter 700 points range.

I'm aiming for the first spot this round because I want Spider Gwen. 850 points would usually be a guaranteed number 1 spot at my current level. The difficulty begins when I start seeing characters with 20k-30k hp at around 725 points. What's worse, they give less than 50 points. My second best option would be manageble opponents with 29-35 points. But I lose a ton of points when they hit me back.  I can't do shield hop effectively because I take some time to kill teams with 15k healthpoints.  SW and Captain deal about 2 to 3k damage for their most hard hitting power. 

Thanks for the advice zodiac339 and OJSP. I will be farming 2* for my 3*.

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Getting to the last node of Webbed Wonder, getting the Howard cover, getting a useless blue for my 2/5/5 Howard.  How many other players have 2 useless Howard covers on their vine today?  And they are purple and blue, so I can’t even combine them for a little extra iso.  In 3 months I can try again....
    Hopefully you get a h4h offer for your last green. If you don't, this is probably a case where spending 120 CP is well worth it. Besides essentially getting 3 covers, you would also have the peace of mind of never caring what color Howard you get again.