Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lost 75% of my progress in a pvp event, I’m so glad we don’t have win based pvp,  /s
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seeing the green cover in the H4H store that I need to champ my 3/4/5 Quake...that won't be available to buy until 2 days after the blue cover i have waiting in the wings vanishes into the ether.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Drawing my 14th Sandman cover, making him champ-eligible. Except he's 300K+ ISO short because I hadn't bothered with him. Could I trade it for a (non-green) Rogue or a (non-yellow) Yondu or a (non-blue) Lockjaw or a (non-purple) Drax or any Red Hulk (he's almost ready to champ, just 20 more levels I think).... :(
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lost 75% of my progress in a pvp event, I’m so glad we don’t have win based pvp,  /s
    I typically go for the 575 pts and 10 CP then leave the event alone. From time to time though, usually when I'm bored, I'll check in towards the end of an event, and if I'm close to getting T25 I may push on to get the extra 3\* cover. It doesn't always work out for me though. I've shielded in the 15-20 range before, with less than 3 hours to go, and been passed by so many late climbers that I've finished outside T25. Oh well. It is what it is.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thano5, Dak3n, Vulture node. Couldn't down Toomes  fast enough before he started circling. Now I can't hurt him (No Angel/Archangel) and he just patiently rips me apart while I sit here helpless because he circles immediately after landing because his teammates don't need/burn Black AP. 

I hate this game sometimes.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    From bliss to agony in a short while. Pulled a LT from the Deadpool vs MPQ vault (1 in 80 chance, so yeah!), got my 6th R4cket green :(
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I decided to gamble and throw up a shield 8 hours 20 minutes before the PvP ends. The reason is because I've witnessed myself many times that the shield of some top 5 players expired ~15 minutes before the PvP ends and nobody hit them.  In the end, I went from 1st all the way to top 25. The good news is Colossus are way down on my list of 3* to be champed.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pushing for 2K in Shield Sim. At 1979. Out of Health Packs. My two best Teams are downed. Find a match that my C-team should be able to beat reasonably easily. Nope. Massive cascade turn 1 takes out a character and then I get stun-locked on Turn 3. There goes 150HP for a Shield that I wouldn't have needed otherwise :(
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    for the second time, i managed to use my 0/4/0 Carnage to whittle Doc Ock down to 700 hit points before the attack tile attrition got me in the DDQ Crash...if I had just 1 active power...I've probably burned 30 health packs across this run going for it. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I decided to gamble and throw up a shield 8 hours 20 minutes before the PvP ends. The reason is because I've witnessed myself many times that the shield of some top 5 players expired ~15 minutes before the PvP ends and nobody hit them.  In the end, I went from 1st all the way to top 25. The good news is Colossus are way down on my list of 3* to be champed.
    I think that last 30-60 minutes is when the "big fish" come out to play, so whether or not you get hit is going to depend on which team you have on Defense, and if it will take them too long, they will skip you. But also I think there's a "gentleman's agreement" between the top PvP players that they will skip one another during that time, which could be why you're seeing players at the top not get hit.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    I think that last 30-60 minutes is when the "big fish" come out to play, so whether or not you get hit is going to depend on which team you have on Defense, and if it will take them too long, they will skip you. But also I think there's a "gentleman's agreement" between the top PvP players that they will skip one another during that time, which could be why you're seeing players at the top not get hit.

People may get skipped on end break, which, depending on slice, can be between 6 and 10 minutes.

Any longer than that and you're getting hit, even if you run 550s.

Nobody is getting through a 30 minute "end" break alive.

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Nightcrawler is sitting at 2/4/5 with two more blue covers on the vine.
    I had 120 CP, but needed 2 covers. So, I set him as my only bonus hero and pulled classics. I got 5 useable covers but no BH. The sixth pull was a Nightcrawler!........blue....... and still no BH.
    I still have 7 days before the first one expires....fingers crossed.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ended up with a 6th blue nightcrawler this morning for my 3/2/5, so I switched him to my bonus off of Nico. There's a purple in my Thick as Thieves vault, but i'm going to take my chances i think. #YOLO
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    on a whim started TaT SCL9 without checking in on the forums first for flips status, and opened the event at .....972nd place. 

Whelp, that will teach me to abandon my usual routine. Looks like I'm playing for progression not placement!
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Realized that I forgot to play DDQ on Tuesday. I finished today's, and noticed that I'd only made 12 pulls from the vault, and that I couldn't remember playing Storm as the required. That cover for her would have been a LT, too.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    #11 in Deadpool vs MPQ. Aaarrrggghhh!!!
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Like many, I'm guessing, I use Thanos in The Big Enchilada. Today, I downed the first opponent with a match-5. Of course the next to join the fight was Teen Jean. She immediately stunned me and prevented Court Death from hitting.

This might actually have been my second worst moment of the day/DDQ, with the first being 3* Cap Marvel coming in the Under The Sea wave fight and Energy Manipulating as soon as she joined, but I'm so used to that by now it almost doesn't bother me...almost.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Fat fingered when selecting the slice for TaT and ended up in slice 3 in which the first sub had already ended. D'oh!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    This past week was exhausting, and I actually fell asleep about 20 or 30 minutes before I was gonna start my final clear in the first sub of TaT last night. I woke up right as it was ending, so I had a good jump on the start of the second sub. 

I had tried waiting until the bracket flipped before joining, but the Google Doc wasn't being updated, so I took a chance and jumped in at what ended up being 847. So placement was pretty much out the window anyways, but I still really could have used the ISO and potential bonus rewards for clears 5-7.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Spent a bunch of HP on boosts and still haven't managed to beat Quake's Crash. Every time I get close, Sue cascades into a ton of green and Force Field Crushes me. Then I forgot to take the boosts off when I switched to doing my clears in TaT, and wasted a bunch of them :(