Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bryduck said:
    I doubt that this truly qualifies, and it is very definitely a 1st world problem. I'm firmly in 3* land, with almost all the 4*s, but only 1 or 2 covers each. So I decided to break open my CP hoard a bit hoping to get some 4* covers. 1st pull, no problem, a Gwenpool. The next 3? All 5*s, none rostered. Goodbye Howard and Devil Dino, I need those spots!
    I really like Howard so it counts for me.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sitting at 869 in Sentry PVP shielded. Found a match to put me over 900, stuff went sideways and match took too long came out of it at 824. 24hr shield up now and not bothering with the Yondu......
  • bryduck
    bryduck Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    shardwick said:
    bryduck said:
    I doubt that this truly qualifies, and it is very definitely a 1st world problem. I'm firmly in 3* land, with almost all the 4*s, but only 1 or 2 covers each. So I decided to break open my CP hoard a bit hoping to get some 4* covers. 1st pull, no problem, a Gwenpool. The next 3? All 5*s, none rostered. Goodbye Howard and Devil Dino, I need those spots!
    Only 1 cover, so I'll be back where I was as soon as they run it again.
  • shardwick
    Options
    bryduck said:
    shardwick said:
    bryduck said:
    Not if RNGesus has anything to say about it. You may end up going 5/5/2 and the last one you need will be the one you sold to roster Bruce Banner. 
  • bryduck
    edited February 2018
    Options
    shardwick said:m
    bryduck said:
    shardwick said:
    bryduck said:
    Not if RNGesus has anything to say about it. You may end up going 5/5/2 and the last one you need will be the one you sold to roster Bruce Banner. 
    Well, then, on THAT day I'll be back here! (And, no, neither of them were Banner, poor sap. Surfer and Thanos, with Hawkeye queued up.)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bryduck said:
    bryduck said:
    shardwick said:
    bryduck said:
    Well, then, on THAT day I'll be back here! (And, no, neither of them were Banner, poor sap. Surfer and Thanos, with Hawkeye queued up.)

To me, champing Howard is an end game goal. And with mine at 4/4/4, I’m two covers away!  Very excited, but you’re doing the right thing. As far as I know, owning Howard is never required.  However, rostering those 5s will open up their essential nodes for you. If you were selling a multiple cover Howard itd be one thing. But a single cover is fine. 
  • bryduck
    Options
    bryduck said:
    bryduck said:
    shardwick said:
    bryduck said:

To me, champing Howard is an end game goal. And with mine at 4/4/4, I’m two covers away!  Very excited, but you’re doing the right thing. As far as I know, owning Howard is never required.  However, rostering those 5s will open up their essential nodes for you. If you were selling a multiple cover Howard itd be one thing. But a single cover is fine. 
    Jeeze, I didn't think I was opening up this serious a topic!
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seeing the black C4ge cover to get to 5/3/5 plus added covers that you need in Team Cap but your alliance doing Team Iron Man for MEH covers.
    I am the same way.  Needed the 1 C4ge cover to get 13 and had enough iso to champ.  The decided to go team iron man.  And our commander has been MIA the entire event.  At least after getting the useless gwenpool, I pulled a classic to get her to 13 covers so now just trying to get the iso to champ.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options

Doing my shield hop, Everything goes according to plan... just need to shield...

What the...? The Three hour shield hadn't refreshed yet! It totally should have even though I didn't check to make sure Before the hop!

Luckily I still had the 24 hour shield available, but I am a bit strapped on HP for roster slots right now so flushing 225 HP down the drain because I didn't check the timer is a bit of a downer.

• TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulling a black Angel cover, the only 3* not champed and the literally the only 3* cover that's useless to me with him sitting at 2/3/5. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had a PvP vs America. Every move I made resulted in a cascade that left a match-4 or match-5 until I downed her. 

• shardwick
    Options
    Playing with Yondu. "Well, at least he will save me more health packs with Sentry than Mockingbird does." Yondu gets low on health, no match 4s. Enemy's turn, match 4. My turn, no match 4. Enemy's turn, cascade of match 4s and 5s then does supernova and kills Yondu. I scrape out a win with Vulture. Next match, Yondu surprisingly gets low on health again. Better chance of seeing win based and heroic events return than a match 4. Yondu dies. Next match, an enemy Teen Jean. I cascade into a match 5 stunning everyone but Vulture. Enemy team goes off on Yondu. He's down to under 1k health. My turn. The stars and planets align. A match 4!!!! Finally! Oh, right, Yondu is still stunned so his heal won't be activated. Enemy team kills him off on their next turn. Useless Yondu. Dead Yondu.

I hate Yondu. (...but still not as much as Sentry)
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Opened 2 10-pack Heroics that I've been holding onto hoping for a Nico bonus cover:

Pull 1: all 2-stars
    Pull 2: 8 2-stars, 1 Dr Strange (3), 1 Luke Cage (3), no bonus heroes

okay.....6 pulls of Classic with 120CP! no bonus heroes, 1 5-star but it's Doc Ock

at least no 4-star covers were wasted but yikes!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Having Dr Doom take out my 3-star Hawkeye with a 15K damage Diabolical Plot...when Doom was at 42 health.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Terrible results from this week's Lightning Round. I got about 5 Heroic Tokens compared to last week's 20+ HT. I found that my weakness is always Heroes' Lightning Round because I don't have those characters rostered or I've less than 6 covers for them. I got booted out of top 50-100 the last 2 or 3 minutes very often, compared to villians' LR.  This made me realize that I rostered more villians than heroes for Lightning Rounds. I was expecting 20+ HT gained from LR to save my 2* covers this week. So, i'm going to see a lot of casulties for my 2* covers.
  • bryduck
    Options
    Guess who's only 3* he doesn't have is Colossus. Now guess who the required 3* is for today's DDQ.
    Grrrrrrrrr
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    bryduck said:
    Guess who's only 3* he doesn't have is Colossus. Now guess who the required 3* is for today's DDQ.
    Grrrrrrrrr
    If you have any tokens to open, BH Colossus. It’s fairly likely you can pull one.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This has been a pretty rotten day in terms of in-match luck.

Running Peggy/IM40 in Blind Justice, and being reminded of why IM40 frustrates me so much some times. Two fights in a row where I wasn't able to make a single yellow match. Then another where I double-fired it, with no yellow matches available, only to have the AI get a massive cascade that took out 5 of them.

Peggy had a similar instance, where I fired her blue, couldn't quite take down the last character (less than 100 health left), and he pulled off a cascade that took out all three of her countdowns.

Then it took me 15 minutes to do a single clear of the loaner node for Sub 2 of Fight for Wakanda, which in turn left me short on time to do final clears in the Sub itself, getting only 6 total on most of the nodes.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Running Peggy/IM40 in Blind Justice, and being reminded of why IM40 frustrates me so much some times. Two fights in a row where I wasn't able to make a single yellow match. Then another where I double-fired it, with no yellow matches available, only to have the AI get a massive cascade that took out 5 of them.

Peggy had a similar instance, where I fired her blue, couldn't quite take down the last character (less than 100 health left), and he pulled off a cascade that took out all three of her countdowns.

Then it took me 15 minutes to do a single clear of the loaner node for Sub 2 of Fight for Wakanda, which in turn left me short on time to do final clears in the Sub itself, getting only 6 total on most of the nodes.
    Yeah, this event has probably the worst loaner nodes in the game. This day 2 mission requires a bit of luck to keep it from turning into a horrible slog. And they still refuse to make the Swarm passive into “destroyed tiles do not deal damage”. I mean, not related to the issue with Royal Shield, which needs a limit on the number of protect tiles it converts. Three at most, preferrably two when the countdown finishes, especially with so many of them dropping.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:

Yeah, this event has probably the worst loaner nodes in the game. This day 2 mission requires a bit of luck to keep it from turning into a horrible slog. And they still refuse to make the Swarm passive into “destroyed tiles do not deal damage”. I mean, not related to the issue with Royal Shield, which needs a limit on the number of protect tiles it converts. Three at most, preferrably two when the countdown finishes, especially with so many of them dropping.
    The Collapsing Mine loaner node is especially bad.  On the bright side, both teams now lose AP.  On the **** side, it's two Ultron Goons and Ultron, who don't have nearly as much in the way of AP usage as your team does.

Nico boosts your specials if you have more than the other team.  I refer you to the "Ultron goons and Ultron" portion of the previous statement to give you the odds of that happening.

At one point, I finally got Elektra's Shadow Step out...only to have Ultron cast his black, and hit all three of the tiles Elektra had traps on.