Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My Rulk was 5/3/5 with a green cover expiring, so I leveled him up to 270 and went to the powers screen to respec him to 3/5/5. I tapped on the green level up once, and chose to remove a level from red. I tried to do that again but it wouldn't let me. 

Then I realized that while I had brought Rulk up to 270, I hadn't actually champed him, so I had applied the cover in the vine, essentially borking myself out of an LT. :neutral:

Also, was on track for a T10 finish in FFW, but not after that God-forsaken second sub. Got hung up on the 5* node and missed the final clear on about five nodes. 
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Slogging through Fight for Wakanda and cringing every time those tinykitty Ultron goons use Swarm. This is by far my most hated ability in the game. 
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I guess my connection is my worst enemy in this game. Usually I optimally do my inicial clears in 1 hour max. This time, it took 2 entire hours to do the same just because my connection kept failing. Not the game's fault, but still was my worst MPQ moment of the day. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starting the last fight Before the Lightning Round ends... and then the phone runs out of battery and shuts down. I wonder if it will Count as a retreat or not... Guess it remains to be seen when I get home and charge the phone a bit. Need to start PvE clears soon too...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kk3thess said:
    I guess my connection is my worst enemy in this game. Usually I optimally do my inicial clears in 1 hour max. This time, it took 2 entire hours to do the same just because my connection kept failing. Not the game's fault, but still was my worst MPQ moment of the day. 
    That's one of the biggest reasons why I support a move to progression only pve. I did a span of three months where my connection would always drop when I was starting my end grind of a sub. Then it would be fine for a few days and I would think "Oh good they finally fixed the connection." Climb into top five and naturally the next night it would die five minutes before my grind and not come back on until a couple hours later. Beyond infuriating to work so hard for top 5-10 only to fall to like just inside top 20 for something that you have no control over.

Climbing in Shuri pvp, like 15 pts from 800, almost out of health packs, I see a fairly winnable Peggy/IM40. Like nothing on the screen except yellows and reds. Trying to snag all the reds so I can one punch IM40. Enemy hits a huge yellow cascade and throws out recharge tiles. Oh man. It's cool, just need like two more reds. No red matches on the board and not enough blacks for Agent Venom. Recharge tiles go off, ultimate soldier on my Peggy and she has like almost no health, then they stun my team and I retreat since my odds of making some grand comeback are pretty abysmal. I lose 30 pts from the loss. Ok, two wins and I'll hit 800 then shield out. I heal, find a pretty easy fight, win and I'm feeling good. I am just about to look for one more decent fight when I'm met with a -50 pts loss. I really hate points based.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shardwick said:

That's one of the biggest reasons why I support a move to progression only pve.

You can play PVE for progression only.  The progression rewards are pretty solid as is IMO, there's nothing stopping you from getting the progression and just stopping there. I know plenty of people who were always complaining about switching to progression only and then when I pointed this out to them they were much happier reaching max progression and coasting.
  • shardwick
    Options
    Huntah86 said:
    shardwick said:

You can play PVE for progression only.  The progression rewards are pretty solid as is IMO, there's nothing stopping you from getting the progression and just stopping there. I know plenty of people who were always complaining about switching to progression only and then when I pointed this out to them they were much happier reaching max progression and coasting.
    Can I earn three 4* covers through progression on a new character's release event? No, I can't. My version of progression only absolutely dwarfs the current system. No tapping, no playing on a 24-48 hr schedule, no need to snipe brackets anymore, lots of freedom, plenty of incentives for people that want to do more than the current max progression reward structure and an insane boost to quality of life.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Huntah86 said:
    shardwick said:

Can I earn three 4* covers through progression on a new character's release event? No, I can't. My version of progression only absolutely dwarfs the current system. No tapping, no playing on a 24-48 hr schedule, no need to snipe brackets anymore, lots of freedom, plenty of incentives for people that want to do more than the current max progression reward structure and an insane boost to quality of life.
    You cant really ask for 3 4* covers through progression only though, new release or not. What would your reward structure be for progression only? I never understood the more rewards for less work argument. I honestly feel like the rewards at SCL9 (thats where I always play and where my roster is at so I cant speak for other levels) are very fair and my roster grows very quick and Im only a suboptimal t50 player. Id imagine if they switch to progression only then current progression rewards would barely be changed because adding more 4* or LTs or something would be too generous and not good for the health of the game.
  • shardwick
    Options
    Huntah86 said:
    shardwick said:
    Huntah86 said:
    shardwick said:

You cant really ask for 3 4* covers through progression only though, new release or not. What would your reward structure be for progression only? I never understood the more rewards for less work argument. I honestly feel like the rewards at SCL9 (thats where I always play and where my roster is at so I cant speak for other levels) are very fair and my roster grows very quick and Im only a suboptimal t50 player. Id imagine if they switch to progression only then current progression rewards would barely be changed because adding more 4* or LTs or something would be too generous and not good for the health of the game.
    I never said there would be less work for more rewards. If anything I've always rolled my eyes when people wanted max rewards for minimal progression. The progression structure needs to be fixed. I would go back to putting the old max progression of cp back at 4 clears and I would add bonus rewards for doing 5+ clears like more cp, event tokens, covers, hp and iso. The final reward through progression would be a 4* cover, or a 2/3* cover for lower clearance levels, for the next event. Doing all clears would unlock a bonus sub that would act similarly to ddq and these nodes would give people even more rewards. Maximum rewards for maximum effort. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SHIELD Sim, last night, I take down a Medusa/Groot/Rocket team in like two turns with Rocket/Carol/XPool. Easy peasy. So I queue up the next one. Make my first move, then the enemy moves... and XPool does nothing. No countdowns. ****? I go. Then look carefully.

The enemy Rocket didn't have 5 in yellow! Ergo there weren't enough enemy strikes on the board to trigger XPool's black!

Everything unraveled. Since my own strikes were nothing special without Carol buffing them, and Medusa's was healing & generating AP, I quickly ate two consecutive Incapacitates (yeah, now the AI doesn't hem & haw over Rocket's blue) and a Deadliest Woman, which promptly insta-gibbed XPool. I bailed rather than let them finish me off.

That was disgustingly clever.
  • optimus2861
    Options
    Champ Peggy (boosted) - Gamora - Champ Kingpin (boosted) vs Carol (unboosted) - Scarlet Witch (unboosted) - Gamora.

Good tinykitty, the cascades just. Wouldn't. STOP.  Witch ended up hitting me with THREE Reality Crushes before the match was, I dunno, ten turns long? Plus a Skull Cracker, plus a team-up Star Spangled Avenger. Carol had so much yellow that it went Arcane Incantation -> Executive Decision -> purple everywhere! -> Reality Crush, at least two turns in a row. At least that's how it felt. And they hadn't even spent the black yet, which was going to tear me to shreds with all Carol's yellow zapping Witch's countdowns to zero every turn.

I ended up retreating because there was just no point to playing it out. Only Kingpin was awake for the next 4/5 turns, everybody had taken a savage beating already, and the enemy team was freaking loaded with AP.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I ran into something similar when I was trying to do my final push to 2K in Sim earlier. Got to 1964, lined up a 38 pointer, and they got a cascade that downed my full health Medusa on Turn 1. Turn 2 Incapacitate, and a retreat. Next three matches went similarly, and then I realized that 1) I'd knocked myself back down to 1850 or so, and 2) I really didn't care that much for another Kraven cover.
  • optimus2861
    Options
    Why oh why does every single cast of enemy Loki Illusions during Divine Champions lead to these infernal hell cascades against you, but when you try running your own Loki, and cast Illusions, the board ends up dead still?

I just took a ludicrously savage beating from 3* Thor - Loki - 5* Iron Man (maybe 4-5 covers?). My champ Mordo took a dirt nap and champed boosted Ghost Rider did too. My 3* Thor barely pulled out the win. That Iron Man's blue kept blowing the board to hell and generating cascades every bit as awful as Loki was. They just took turns blowing & shaking the board.

This after an earlier match that saw 4* Thor pummelled to within an inch of death and Ghost Rider bled out pretty bad too, against an all-3* team of Thor, Loki, Storm.

I think I quit Divine Champions. 10 CP isn't worth this aggravation.
  • shardwick
    Options
    Why oh why does every single cast of enemy Loki Illusions during Divine Champions lead to these infernal hell cascades against you, but when you try running your own Loki, and cast Illusions, the board ends up dead still?

I just took a ludicrously savage beating from 3* Thor - Loki - 5* Iron Man (maybe 4-5 covers?). My champ Mordo took a dirt nap and champed boosted Ghost Rider did too. My 3* Thor barely pulled out the win. That Iron Man's blue kept blowing the board to hell and generating cascades every bit as awful as Loki was. They just took turns blowing & shaking the board.

This after an earlier match that saw 4* Thor pummelled to within an inch of death and Ghost Rider bled out pretty bad too, against an all-3* team of Thor, Loki, Storm.

I think I quit Divine Champions. 10 CP isn't worth this aggravation.
    3* Storm is an auto skip for me. Even when I focus on her first she always somehow gets just enough black ap to do a hailstorm when she's on the brink of death.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm a turn away from crushing my foes in Divine Chamions. All they have left is a 3-star Iron Fist with about 100 health, and my champed & buffed Moon Knight just filled his green up. But IF has one more turn left...

He matches, which triggers a massive cascade with multiple crit tiles that all hit me. This gives him another turn, and he uses his purple to fill the board with black. This generates another cascade, more massive than the first and surely one for the record books. Another four or five crit tiles blast me and now my Moon Knight is down! This of course, gives Iron Fist another match opportunity. The cascade left him with a juicy match-5, which of course he takes advantage of, triggering another earth-shattering cascade! Oh no, now my IM40 is downed after another series of crit tiles decimates my poor Iron Man. Then, just for good measure, Iron Fist makes one more match to finally end his turn.

About 2 minutes after I was a turn away from crushing my foes, Thoress makes one simple red match-3 and downs Iron Fist.
  • Ebichu
    Ebichu Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    well my worse moments are usually during last pushes of the pvp events... winning fights and yet going down in points because my 3* champs get crushed by 4 or 5* teams while I'm in battle

I just don't understand how the pvp work in this game, I mean I never get to beat up 2* teams to get up (I mean aside from the initial 200 points or so when you even get 1* stuff), but as soon as I reach the 500 mark I have to compete against either buffed up 3* champs (which I can still handle), but when you pass a fight because it's full 5 or 4 champs and you get more of those I mean I just dunno.. I have one 5* (with 1 cover of course), couple of 4 with 2/3 covers at best, just how the game matches me with champed 4 it's not that fun..
    I still manage to be within the 25 sometimes 10 first of pvp events but it's a struggle..
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Ebichu: There are a few factors there. The MMR opens up more as you go up, and you become much more visible once you pass 400. It theoretically should work both ways, but people above you are going to tend to either have better rosters or be shielded, so you can't see them.

Mine: Making what should have been my hop to 900 in Divine Champions, and was one power away from nailing the thing when the other team cascaded into a ton of blue and stunned my 4Thor with their 4Thor. Then they also stunned Storm. This left two Medusas active, with something like 40 Attack tiles on the board, so each of the three turns before Thor woke up again took like 3 minutes.

Honestly, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I at least didn't end up worse off than I started. But still, boosts, health packs, Hero Points, and time for a 3 point advancement is frustrating.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Gwenpool is 5/2/5

The Taco vault has TWO black Gwenpool covers!

I have 70 Taco tokens. I figure that's CLOSE to 50% chance to get either cover...

No luck.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Came in 11th place overall on Strange Sights. That's two 11th place finishes in a row. Although, IRL events kept me from playing optimally in at least one sub in each event, so I shouldn't be too surprised. Doesn't make it suck much less though.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just happend today: Fighting Ultron, pretty easy fight so far, I was pretty confident, the match would end up quickly. Reallity, it did ended quickly. Not exaclty how I was expected.

Ultron drop a new bomb, destroy last row. And here, bad luck, no possible move. The board shakes and 2 bombs are left on the bottom row. Both explode. 2 characters wiped. And no possibility to stop next turn a third bomb to explode.
    Team wiped because no possible move... :s