Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Coubii said:
    Just happend today: Fighting Ultron, pretty easy fight so far, I was pretty confident, the match would end up quickly. Reallity, it did ended quickly. Not exaclty how I was expected.

Ultron drop a new bomb, destroy last row. And here, bad luck, no possible move. The board shakes and 2 bombs are left on the bottom row. Both explode. 2 characters wiped. And no possibility to stop next turn a third bomb to explode.
    Team wiped because no possible move... :s

Agreed that is horrible luck. They board shuffle should be coded to ensure no bombs are on the bottom 2 rows.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Let me start by saying I don't really care that much about gaining 5* covers because I am not at all interested in that tier of play and scaling, whlie at the same time it is nice to get them for when they are the essential for PVE and they get to be more useful. Currently i have all my 5*s at 255 on my roster.

Well, yesterday I could finally dig into my hoard of CP after 4* BP and Shuri were added and I had enough Iso to champ 2 more 4* characters (only had Nico, Kraven, BP and Shuri not champed) and after not having opened any LT's for about 2 seasons I was looking forward to seeing what I would get, and with about 2700 CP saved up I had quite a bit of room to play.

Started out pretty poor with a 6th Nico yellow and 3 Kraven black in a row but since they were not champed yet it was all good, and I was pretty confident I could finish off both of those characters and not let any covers go to waste. After about 400 CP spent I had both Nico and Kraven 6th covers but it would take to about 1200 CP, and quite a few Heroics in between to see if I could get a lucky BH cover (worked for Nico), to finally get the 13th cover for Kraven. But here comes the kicker: having opened those 60 classics I got a grand total of... sit down and hold on to your hats, ladies and gentlemen... 2 (yes, TWO!) 5* covers!

Again a reminder that I don't post this here as a compaint about the lousy 5* draw rates or things like that, in fact I'm not that dissappointed to get more 4* covers instead of 5*s. But getting 1 in 30 where about a 1 in 7 is advertised is just straight up ridiculous in my opinion, I was even tempted to post this in 'BEST moments' after I realised this and smiled cynically. Oh well, if only I didn't have a 2 in 49 run about a year ago I would go on to say that in the future I might get a reverse of fortune... All in all more 4* covers is not a bad thing, but seeing those 5* odds in real life is pretty disheartenig.

I hope I am the one getting the low end of the statistics so other people more interested in getting 5*s can get the higher end. Good luck to you all!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Coubii said:
    Just happend today: Fighting Ultron, pretty easy fight so far, I was pretty confident, the match would end up quickly. Reallity, it did ended quickly. Not exaclty how I was expected.

Ultron drop a new bomb, destroy last row. And here, bad luck, no possible move. The board shakes and 2 bombs are left on the bottom row. Both explode. 2 characters wiped. And no possibility to stop next turn a third bomb to explode.
    My son lost two chars (Black Widow and Scarlet Witch) from two separate board shakes in the same fight. I lost one (Wasp) from the same thing on turn 3.  No fun at all...

Also not fun, having the bomb appear in the same column for four straight turns.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wanted to get C4rol green cover from progression and it seems to be unreachable to me. I'm currently 100 points away from her cover, sunk a few Whales to hit 900, only to go down back to ~780. I have sunk in 300 HP for the shield hoping to see higher points. The only boosted characters I have are Loki, 3* Blade and 2* BW. However, the average points I'm seeing are ~30-35 points with common highly levelled teams like:

Iceman: 359
    Loki: 333
    Jessica Jones: 360
    Red Hulk: 343
    Carnage: 343
    C4rol: 271
    R4G: 280
    4* Gamora: 284
    4* IM: 388

The top 10 have between 900 to 1500 points. I don't think I will do this next time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wanted to get C4rol green cover from progression and it seems to be unreachable to me. I'm currently 100 points away from her cover, sunk a few Whales to hit 900, only to go down back to ~780. I have sunk in 300 HP for the shield hoping to see higher points. The only boosted characters I have are Loki, 3* Blade and 2* BW. However, the average points I'm seeing are ~30-35 points with common highly levelled teams like:

Iceman: 359
    Loki: 333
    Jessica Jones: 360
    Red Hulk: 343
    Carnage: 343
    C4rol: 271
    R4G: 280
    4* Gamora: 284
    4* IM: 388

The top 10 have between 900 to 1500 points. I don't think I will do this next time.
    Blad3 is good, but yeah, without at two champed boosted threestars 900 is probably out of reach unfortunately.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Coubii said:

My son lost two chars (Black Widow and Scarlet Witch) from two separate board shakes in the same fight. I lost one (Wasp) from the same thing on turn 3.  No fun at all...

Also not fun, having the bomb appear in the same column for four straight turns.
    Depends on who you're running. If you've got Gwenpool's purple or GSBW's green charged up, that's perfect.

Kind of a first world problem, but I keep pulling Vulture covers. He's already my highest level character. Give someone else a chance, Toomes! Especially stop clogging up the JJ store.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Coubii said:

Depends on who you're running. If you've got Gwenpool's purple or GSBW's green charged up, that's perfect.

Kind of a first world problem, but I keep pulling Vulture covers. He's already my highest level character. Give someone else a chance, Toomes! Especially stop clogging up the JJ store.
    I wish I had your problem lol.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Keep it up and your Spidey will be covered soon.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    Coubii said:

I wish I had your problem lol.
    I know, I know. I actually go through this weird bit of cognitive dissonance each time, with this chain of "Ugh, not another. Wait, why am I complaining, Vulture is awesome. Oh, yeah, right, I have many, many other characters who need Covers far more badly."

If it had happened before I champed him, it would have been a serious negative, because they've almost all been blue.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Penance Stare team up. Over 30,000 damage from a team up, and lost match shortly after. If Supports is something that will potentially replace Team Ups, I welcome it. That kind of junk should just not happen.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ebichu said:
    well my worse moments are usually during last pushes of the pvp events... winning fights and yet going down in points because my 3* champs get crushed by 4 or 5* teams while I'm in battle

I just don't understand how the pvp work in this game, I mean I never get to beat up 2* teams to get up (I mean aside from the initial 200 points or so when you even get 1* stuff), but as soon as I reach the 500 mark I have to compete against either buffed up 3* champs (which I can still handle), but when you pass a fight because it's full 5 or 4 champs and you get more of those I mean I just dunno.. I have one 5* (with 1 cover of course), couple of 4 with 2/3 covers at best, just how the game matches me with champed 4 it's not that fun..
    I still manage to be within the 25 sometimes 10 first of pvp events but it's a struggle..
    I've only gone for 900 a couple of times and it's a horribly painful experience every single time.

Advice from the Reddit forms (thanks to @Daiches and other PvP assassins) was to stay out of Slice 2 and 5 if you're going for progression. I only go for 575 pts and 10 CP now, I usually do it in slice 4, and I typically wait until there's 3-6 hours left in the event before making a run for it. #YMMV
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Every tinykitty time! It never fails: I get lucky and pull a legendary token (this time from ddq vault, which usually gives me nothing but ****), so I cash it in and get Iceman blue. My iceman is 0/5/1 (blue being the 5)!!!! Seriously, this happens way more than pulling an actual useful cover. They REALLY need to give us "colorless" covers, or let us trade in a cover we can't use (limiting the number of times per week, maybe). I'm just so SICK of this happening 90% of the time I get a LT. Grrrrr!!!!!
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Kaazz said:
    Every tinykitty time! It never fails: I get lucky and pull a legendary token (this time from ddq vault, which usually gives me nothing but tinykitty), so I cash it in and get Iceman blue. My iceman is 0/5/1 (blue being the 5)!!!! Seriously, this happens way more than pulling an actual useful cover. They REALLY need to give us "colorless" covers, or let us trade in a cover we can't use (limiting the number of times per week, maybe). I'm just so SICK of this happening 90% of the time I get a LT. Grrrrr!!!!!
    Sadly, this is part of the game...and a very annoying one.  I had a 2/13/3 Nick Fury at one point many moons ago when he was one of only three 4-star characters, so I feel your pain.  My son had a 14/2/15 run with 2-star Black Widow.  Had this been a 3 or 4-star, you better believe there would have been some words muttered that are replaced by tinykitty here in the forums...
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Managed to pull 2 BH covers for my Shuri in one day, within a few hours of each other. Both red, and thus useless to my 3/2/5 Shuri. I was quite livid. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Getting Thor down to half-points in the trivial nodes using Thanos, using him a bit, then not paying attention and getting him offed by Punisher in the 2* Daken node.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Getting Thor down to half-points in the trivial nodes using Thanos, using him a bit, then not paying attention and getting him offed by Punisher in the 2* Daken node.
    Lol, same. I saw it coming, but nobody else could make a match, so down goes God of Thunder, taking the board destruction of God of Thunder with him. Got to remember that darn red in the future.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Opened 15 Legendary Tokens. Not a single 5*. None of the 4* that came from this I have rostered. Not a single character received two covers from this pool. Bad luck too much?
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Holy tiny kitty! It happened again! I get a legendary token from crash of titans, and pull a Mordo purple. Guess which color I have maxed??!? Thats two legendary tokens in a row that i pull a useless cover!! With all the possible covers out there that I could use and twice in a row I get a useless cover, thus totally wasting TWO legendary tokens!!! This should not happen with such frequency!! I am shaking my head in disgust. This game continues to feel like it's cheating me!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kaazz said:
    Holy tiny kitty! It happened again! I get a legendary token from crash of titans, and pull a Mordo purple. Guess which color I have maxed??!? Thats two legendary tokens in a row that i pull a useless cover!! With all the possible covers out there that I could use and twice in a row I get a useless cover, thus totally wasting TWO legendary tokens!!! This should not happen with such frequency!! I am shaking my head in disgust. This game continues to feel like it's cheating me!
    That's part and parcel of the game. Literally everyone here has experienced what you described, and had much worst streaks.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    I forgot about Kraven's passive in the Lockjaw required node in the Simulator.  As usual, I teamed Lockjaw up with Medusa and Carnage.  By my third turn, I was suddenly taking 1100+ pts of damage each turn.  The phrase "I need to kill Kraven first" entered my mind for first, and very likely final, time.

Next round in the node, I switched out Gamora for Carnage.  Much slower, but nicer on the health packs.