Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
     Got another unusable Howard in the most recent run of Webbed Wonder. I really needed a purple for my 5/5/2.

Had I gotten a purple, I would have had every 4* besides Jubilee fully covered. Now I sit and wait and hope for a HfH offer in the next two weeks. 
    I can't seem to get a purple either.  stuck at 4/5/2....always getting greens
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jym010 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
     Got another unusable Howard in the most recent run of Webbed Wonder. I really needed a purple for my 5/5/2.

Had I gotten a purple, I would have had every 4* besides Jubilee fully covered. Now I sit and wait and hope for a HfH offer in the next two weeks. 

Meanwhile, my Howard has been stuck at 3/4/5 for a year since I am Always getting Purple covers...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Messing up all three subs of Honor Among Thieves and there goes my 1st place and the rest of my PvEs.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    jym010 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Meanwhile, my Howard has been stuck at 3/4/5 for a year since I am Always getting Purple covers...
     No HfH offer yet either. I've still got about a week left on this cover, so if it doesn't happen this cycle, it won't happen at all this go around.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    jym010 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

No HfH offer yet either. I've still got about a week left on this cover, so if it doesn't happen this cycle, it won't happen at all this go around.
    I have a purple currently on the vine for my 2/5/5 Howard.  I’m not sure how many covers I’ve sold before, but HfH has not triggered for him at least 5 times.  It otherwise kicks in all the time for me for non-Limited characters.

I really should just sell it now.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This week's boosted list. Some of them are good, but so slow. Didn't help that I got a ton of boards this morning with almost no black on them, so Vulture wasn't even helping much. I was often getting the AP to fire Smite before Circling Prey, and several times I never managed to get him off the ground at all. Ended up taking me almost as long to do my clears at SCL7 this morning as it did at SCL9 yesterday.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Trying to end grind the Maggia door fivestar essential node in Strange Sights. Kingpin kept wiping my team out, eventually I had to give up the tries and end grind the other nodes instead. With that many points ontouched, I will probably be lucky if I get top 50 in the end.
    I can usually grind the fivestar node just fine so this was a nasty surprise. Doesn't help that my Iron Man is pretty useless at a 1/0/3 build...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Trying to end grind the Maggia door fivestar essential node in Strange Sights. Kingpin kept wiping my team out, eventually I had to give up the tries and end grind the other nodes instead. With that many points ontouched, I will probably be lucky if I get top 50 in the end.
    I can usually grind the fivestar node just fine so this was a nasty surprise. Doesn't help that my Iron Man is pretty useless at a 1/0/3 build...
    Thanks for the heads up on this one.  I usually save the Maggia node for last, since I think it's generally the easiest of the bunch.  My Iron Man is an even more useless 1/0/2.  I take it getting the cover for his blue in Heroes for Hire isn't worth the 250 CP to get him his first cover in that color?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Thanks for the heads up on this one.  I usually save the Maggia node for last, since I think it's generally the easiest of the bunch.  My Iron Man is an even more useless 1/0/2.  I take it getting the cover for his blue in Heroes for Hire isn't worth the 250 CP to get him his first cover in that color?
    I don't think so..I suppose blue would be an effective board shake even at one cover, but you still can't level him enough to matter I think.
    I did realize now that Quake is boosted though, she might have been able to help a bit by blunting Kingpin's AoE damage. Shame that didn't occur to me earlier, but it might come in handy in the Hand door.
    One trick I use when the fivestar essential node is difficult is to start grinding it a bit early to get some buffer. If I win, great, bonus points. If I lose, well, it just means I lose a few health packs.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The team we had to use in the Behemoth Burrito today. Ugh. That was one of the hardest I can remember, and it wasn't a particularly strong opposing team. Just so much colour overlap on the player team. Ended with 20+ in both yellow and black.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Wiped on the fivestar node in Strange Sights again during my end grind. If I had been able to finish it once more, I would have gotten top 50 instead of top 100. Oh well. I hope they never run Strange Sights as a release event again, or at least have a fivestar essential I have actually leveled next run...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Wiped on the fivestar node in Strange Sights again during my end grind. If I had been able to finish it once more, I would have gotten top 50 instead of top 100. Oh well. I hope they never run Strange Sights as a release event again, or at least have a fivestar essential I have actually leveled next run...
    Meanwhile, the latest event has the newest five star *and* the just released four star as their required characters.  Oh, joy.

• Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Meanwhile, the latest event has the newest five star *and* the just released four star as their required characters.  Oh, joy.

Well, they didn't sneak in Archangel for one final essential run at least, so there is that. Ghost Rider would probably have been the better choice though. I don't care too much since I have a single cover for Jessica. Hoping to get many more when I bust my hoard tonight though...
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    I like that the release event was Strange Sights only because you end up with at least 5 tokens every day to try to pull the new 4* (granted the odds are still GREATLY against you).
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Huntah86 said:
    Quebbster said:
    I like that the release event was Strange Sights only because you end up with at least 5 tokens every day to try to pull the new 4* (granted the odds are still GREATLY against you).

I Think I have managed to pull the released fourstar once from one of those tokens, and I have lost Count of how many tokens I have pulled. So it's not really a Selling Point for me.

I do love Strange Sights and the token generosity. A lot of that charm was lost when the competetiveness was cranked up to 11 by making it a release event though.

(The fact I didn't have the essential fivestar leveled didn't help either. With a decently leveled boosted fivestar those nodes would have been a lot easier).

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Obviously, Peggy is a great character, but her covers have always been elusive for me.  It got much worse when the covers finally came in at 5/1/5.  I got another red a week ago, and was letting it sit around waiting to be converted to 1K ISO.

Until.

Hope appeared in the form of a yellow cover in the SHIELD supply queue.  All I needed to do was save up 120 CP by then and I'd have the two yellow covers I needed  and the red for her inaugural champ level.  I went back to playing semi-competitive PVE to get all the ISO and farm covers I needed.  I dropped HP on a 10-pack from a vault to grab more ISO and hopefully some CP from champ rewards (and maybe a BH or two).  With 4 days to go, I need 17 CP, which should be easily doable from progression plus daily CP from the final node, 4E node, and DDQ.

When I grabbed today's SHIELD reward (1300+ days and a heroic token?  Um, okay), the preview message slapped me in the face like an Iceman punch.  "6 days to Peggy Carter".

I've had to sell off her covers plenty of times before, and I'll probably go ahead and buy the cover and champ anyway just so I have the option to respec, but getting that close to saving a cover and still losing it anyway is one of those things that makes me wonder why I still bother.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have 3 Quakes on the vine, and I just need 1 yellow to champ her :(
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
     I'm a few days behind, but I had some RL issues come up that kept me from being optimal in Strange Sights and ended up 11th. Five more minutes and I would have probably cleared the final sub and inched into 10th.

For the first time in a long time I'm missing a cover in the 4* tier. Then, I got a yellow cover from Shield Training, two from PvE placement rewards, and one from PvE progression. So what was in my And Friends vault? Yellow. But I was very unlikely to pull that... wrong! Now N4tasha is off to a lovely 0/2/5 build. 

Oh, and I also pulled a 14th Brock Venom from the same vault. Too bad I'm in the process of champing Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, followed by Jubilee, then 5* Black Panther, with hardly any 3*s coming up on 266.

One last thing: That HfH offer for Howard never materialized. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let me count the ways I hate you RNG
    1) the 5* Thor yellow in my queue that I cannot use on my 4/3/5 Thor
    2) the second 5* Thor yellow in my queue that I cannot use on my 4/3/5 Thor
    3) the third 5* Thor yellow in my queue that I cannot use on my 4/3/5 Thor
    Someday I really do hate you rng
    😥
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    Let me count the ways I hate you RNG
    1) the 5* Thor yellow in my queue that I cannot use on my 4/3/5 Thor
    2) the second 5* Thor yellow in my queue that I cannot use on my 4/3/5 Thor
    3) the third 5* Thor yellow in my queue that I cannot use on my 4/3/5 Thor
    Someday I really do hate you rng
    😥
    I had FOUR purple Gambits taunting my 5/3/4 Gambit. I bought the final one and haven't regretted it. Is there any way you can get 720cp in time to save them?