Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was playing a Lightning round just for some quick ISO, so I was only playing the seed teams.  Since this is a fairly mindless process, I saw a team with 1 star side characters and went to battle.  I then discovered that it was a trap, the boosted required character was a max champed IM40 with 30K health!  After fighting for a minute, I decided it was a lost cause and retreated.  Whoever set this up was clever because they got a free 28 match points from me.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    I was playing a Lightning round just for some quick ISO, so I was only playing the seed teams.  Since this is a fairly mindless process, I saw a team with 1 star side characters and went to battle.  I then discovered that it was a trap, the boosted required character was a max champed IM40 with 30K health!  After fighting for a minute, I decided it was a lost cause and retreated.  Whoever set this up was clever because they got a free 28 match points from me.
    There's a reason this is called a "trap cake".
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    bbigler said:
    I've never seen this tactic before, perhaps it's one of the new things since I've been gone.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Quebbster said:
    bbigler said:
    I've never seen this tactic before, perhaps it's one of the new things since I've been gone.
    Not really, it's just not a very common tactic. Most people just prefer to climb straight.
  • DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    There is a real problem with dilution regarding 5* Classic Legendaries. Today, I had the misfortune of pulling a black Goblin, a yellow Star-Lord & 2 Banners. All useless to me. Why can't Classic 5* covers be colourless?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Quebbster said:
    bbigler said:

It's what I do when starting lightning rounds or PVP when I actually get seed teams.  Essential (lower level duplicate if I have one), Bagman, MBW.  Then climb gently gradually increasing the level of my team, throwing in Howard when I get to 4*, just for fun.

Otherwise pretty much the only matches I can choose from are champed 5* teams with Gambit.  Lacking a useable Gambit of my own (1/3/0, I think), I'm pretty much locked out of PVP and lightning events unless I can do something like this.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Quebbster said:
    bbigler said:

It's what I do when starting lightning rounds or PVP when I actually get seed teams.  Essential (lower level duplicate if I have one), Bagman, MBW.  Then climb gently gradually increasing the level of my team, throwing in Howard when I get to 4*, just for fun.

Otherwise pretty much the only matches I can choose from are champed 5* teams with Gambit.  Lacking a useable Gambit of my own (1/3/0, I think), I'm pretty much locked out of PVP and lightning events unless I can do something like this.

I might have to try this.  As the owner of two champed 5-stars, neither of whom is Gambit, my PvP options are pretty much the same as yours - I can pick from Gambolt, Gambolt, or Gambolt and get my butt whooped.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do something similar, even without 5* MMR. It's fun to get to actually use my 2* and 3* teams again.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a yellow 4widow from a Heroic Token today. I was like, "Woo hoo! Love pulling 4-stars from Heroics."

Then I realized my 4widow is 2/3/5:s
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Pulled a yellow 4widow from a Heroic Token today. I was like, "Woo hoo! Love pulling 4-stars from Heroics."

Then I realized my 4widow is 2/3/5:s
    Mine is 2/2/5, with a yellow dying on the vine. I finished her release event at 0/2/5, so I've resigned myself to the fact I'll probably burn a fair number of yellow covers before she's champed. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Simulator, have not done that in a while. Find a node with three 3* heroes, around level 200. Yummy, fire up Beast, Coulson and C4rol. Make one match and the enemy team proceeds to massive cascades that kills Beast instantly and wounds Coulson mortally. I quickly retreated and remembered how crazy simulator can be some times. Sigh...
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have no 5* characters at more than 11 covers, and somehow still managed to pull an unusable Phoenix green.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Learning Miles is one of the 4Es for Wiccan's Shield Training event. At 2/2/3 I can't even bring him up to 209, so unlike with Iron Spidey's event, there'll be no bonus cover for me this time around.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Realizing a couple of weeks ago just how much I'm on auto-pilot with this game. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy playing it, but nothing about it excites me as of right now. The magic isn't gone just yet, but my desire to compete has basically become non-existent. 
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Same as you smkspy - logged in a couple days ago to get LT from the Nova fight, any actual willingness to play the game has completely dissipated. I can't really complain, I'm a day ~1400 player and the game has kept me engaged and interested this long, not surprised after all that time that playing it now feels like a chore!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With my Iceman stuck at 2/5/2, his PvP is just a nightmare. Doesn't help that I only have one boosted 4* champ this week, but Okoye is sitting there with her one yellow cover telling the MMR that I've got another 360 on my roster. I was hoping to hit 900 because I could really use that purple cover, but I've already had to hop just to hit 575, so I really don't think it's going to happen.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With my Iceman stuck at 2/5/2, his PvP is just a nightmare. Doesn't help that I only have one boosted 4* champ this week, but Okoye is sitting there with her one yellow cover telling the MMR that I've got another 360 on my roster. I was hoping to hit 900 because I could really use that purple cover, but I've already had to hop just to hit 575, so I really don't think it's going to happen.
    This is tough even with a champed Iceman I'm finding, if that is any consolation.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1061 in Iceman's PvP with over 24 hours to go
    Fight and win 2 matches
    Lose 140 points

I bigkitty hate PvP.
  • DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    My 5* Hulk (Bruce Banner) is 4/4/5 and I have 2 covers on the vine. But, because this character is so bad, I have no desire to waste the Iso on him. Will end up selling the covers.
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DaSal said:
    My 5* Hulk (Bruce Banner) is 4/4/5 and I have 2 covers on the vine. But, because this character is so bad, I have no desire to waste the Iso on him. Will end up selling the covers.
    Wait until Monday so you can save the two covers. If, at some later time, he gets reworked, you have the option of champing him then and using the two covers as champ levels.