Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It felt like all day long the ai was getting insane cascades while I couldn't even get a single one. Made winning any matches sort of difficult.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Realizing that I picked SCL8 for Venom Bomb. Symbiotes feeding green to Venom. Daredevil getting downed. Haven't had to retreat from a match for the longest time. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Seeing the Carnage/Guard Dog/Guard Dog node in Venom Bomb, with Loki (your Illusions will only hurt you now!) as the required 3-star.  Even using Medusa and Boosted Lockjaw, it still hurts when Carnage matches three yellows with enemy special tiles on them.  That's 6x Guard Dog, doing a nice 5400 extra damage you couldn't do anything about, thank you very much.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seeing the Carnage/Guard Dog/Guard Dog node in Venom Bomb, with Loki (your Illusions will only hurt you now!) as the required 3-star.  Even using Medusa and Boosted Lockjaw, it still hurts when Carnage matches three yellows with enemy special tiles on them.  That's 6x Guard Dog, doing a nice 5400 extra damage you couldn't do anything about, thank you very much.
    I really hate that aspect of Guard Dog. No, you stupid dog, he's the one who broke your stuff, bite him, not me!
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got the season's Heroic 10-Pack. Received eight 2*s, one 3*, and one 4*. So much for "better chance at 3*s and 4*s". :/ At least the 4* gave me a BH so that made it a little better.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DanielleL said:
    Got the season's Heroic 10-Pack. Received eight 2*s, one 3*, and one 4*. So much for "better chance at 3*s and 4*s". :/ At least the 4* gave me a BH so that made it a little better.
    Getting a 4* from a ten pack is your worst moment?
    I want to have your play experience, please.
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    DanielleL said:
    Getting a 4* from a ten pack is your worst moment?
    I want to have your play experience, please.
    Getting eight 2*s was the bad part. I thought the next sentence made that clear but I guess not.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    trying to get 1 red jj cover to champ, or any colour cover to fully cover her before she falls into the classics abyss. didn't have many pulls 10-15. ended up pulling 4 okoye. who i already have champed. 

• TPF Alexis
    Options
    Flipping MBW for ISO before I checked who the Required 2* for The Hunt is.

For sheer obnoxiousness factor, tho, I also have to mention the moment when an opposing Onslaught finally gave me enough green to fire Call the Storm, only to be immediately followed by a Gamma Siphon team-up.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was in position to get top 5 in Simulator... but then the patch Went through just Before my final grind and for the Life of me I couldn't finish the fivestar node even once with my newly useless Gambit. Even with the old version it was usually hit and miss...

Got 12th Place in the end, if I had managed to clear it once I would have gotten top 10 and twice may have been good enough for top 5. Hope next run has a better fivestar essential than my 1/1/1 lvl 300 Hope...

• TheHungryPet
    Options
    Getting excited over 800cp, pulling 40 classics and getting 2 5* characters... I guess RNGesus was having a bad hair day...
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Playing a different slice than usual in Real Steel, I lost track of the end time, and suddenly realized I was way behind, with less than an hour to go. Ended up at 37 wins, and 20 points short of t25. If I'd been paying just a bit more attention, that would have been my first t25 since I can't remember when. Probably since I was playing like SCL4 or something.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ..opening up my daily stash of Heroics, and then accidentally buying a 10 pack.  I was just clicking through and hit it because it was in the same spot.  Of course, it was utter junk as well, with no 4 stars.  Bleh!
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Used a mini hoard of 1200 cp in a hope to get a black bolt cover who is 4/5/3 in the end only got 3 covers for loki and 1 for thor...
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since my restart, the War Machine Crash of Titans with Black Widow is my first possible chance to win the Crash.  Well, my Widow is 1/1/2 level 94, which I know is very weak, but I thought with invisibility, I could win.  So, I tried again and again and again, ran out of boosts and tried again and again.  I figured out a strategy to win, but 3 times I was able to slowly work down War Machine to 1500 - 2500 health and then I lose.  That was so frustrating!  It took at least 20 minutes to play and then I lose just before taking him down. 

I'm not giving up though, I will try again.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I sold Gambit... I got Banner instead. Yay!
  • TheHungryPet
    Options
    Cashing in 20 LL and getting ZERO 5-star characters... what a sad day.
  • WebTangler
    WebTangler Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    And over and over, you'd hear RNG say
    "Your next move is gone
    Bruce swapped the tile away."
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Since my restart, the War Machine Crash of Titans with Black Widow is my first possible chance to win the Crash.  Well, my Widow is 1/1/2 level 94, which I know is very weak, but I thought with invisibility, I could win.  So, I tried again and again and again, ran out of boosts and tried again and again.  I figured out a strategy to win, but 3 times I was able to slowly work down War Machine to 1500 - 2500 health and then I lose.  That was so frustrating!  It took at least 20 minutes to play and then I lose just before taking him down. 

I'm not giving up though, I will try again.

My son's Widow beat him as a 1/1/2, so it is possible.  Used +2 All AP, +2 Purple, and +100% Match Damage to do so.  War Machine got rid of the invisibility tile once, but she healed up with her yellow.  Once you go invisible, deny blue at every opportunity...and do not use the purple to get rid of her invisibility tiles.  Even if you have the purple to go invisible again, don't.  Save it for when a cascade that takes your tile out.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you. 

Just watched my double champ 4* team get walloped by a double 3* team in Witch PVP. The 3* were Strange & IM40. The first Arcane Incantation resolution gave Witch something like 10 purple, and, dreadfully, the resulting cascade gifted 6 yellow too. Not one Recharge tile was matchable. So I soon witnessed a Reality Crush and consecutive Crimson Bands (Strange had 20+ blue) stun my entire team for multiple turns, IM was ready to Unibeam me, and Witch was almost back to 14.

Full retreat. Not testing that team ever again