Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With over 800 points in Lethal Intent I decide to throw up a Shield but to make sure my account was sync'd with the server I checked my Rank/position first. On the "ladder" I saw I still had 800+ points so I bought a Shield, and after it took effect I was at ~750 points.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just drew another Wasp...that's 9 straight 5* pulls now.  Not feeling too great about this game at the moment.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [From this weekend] Cashed in on 16 LL tokens hoping to get some more covers for my 1/5/4 Okoye. Pulled 0 5*s, though. (Not even a Wasp)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't bring 50Thor into PvP vs Carol where the strongest color matches for both teams. I played two matches and the cascades team wiped me both games. 
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2018
    Options
    6 Tacos. 6x 500 ISO. WHY?
  • Magipink
    Magipink Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    At hte beginning of new seasons i usually do a Grand Opening to try to champ the new 4*.: i open all my LTs, buy latests to reach the total of 50 and buy 50 classics
    In lack of the new season i tried to champ my 4/2/4 Okoye.
    I set Shuri 297 as my unique BH and quickly got my 3rd yellow Okoye. I also got a red BH so after 10 pulls my Okoye was 4/3/5. Only 1 to go. Guess what? On my 50 latests i don"t drew a single Okoye, 1 Loki and 7 Wasps in the form of 12 covers + 2 saved. Doh :(

At the end of my opening I had 12 new LTs and 250cp. So i go on for the last Okoye and drew 2 covers. 2 RED covers so she's still unchamped (but at least my Wasp is now level 453 with the 2 covers i also got and Loki is 2/3/0 with the 1 I also had)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Realising there's no matches I can play in the game.  The final window of Galactus isn't for a few hours, I've already done Daily Deadpool, Slice 5 of Women Of Marvel hasn't yet opened, and whatever marginally less inconvenient slice it was that I chose for BFF is over.

:twiddlethumbsemoji:

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Realising there's no matches I can play in the game.  The final window of Galactus isn't for a few hours, I've already done Daily Deadpool, Slice 5 of Women Of Marvel hasn't yet opened, and whatever marginally less inconvenient slice it was that I chose for BFF is over.

:twiddlethumbsemoji:

I can definitely relate. And yet some people think I'm nuts for wanting to add additional content to the game for times like this.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A second one for today.  Women of Marvel, cleared the seed teams (8 of them, which was nice) with level 168 OBW, 167 Captain Marvel, level 5 Yelena.  Got hit by *redacted* of the alliance *redacted* with his level 479 Peggy, Medusa, Carol.
    I thought that was kind of not possible.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A second one for today.  Women of Marvel, cleared the seed teams (8 of them, which was nice) with level 168 OBW, 167 Captain Marvel, level 5 Yelena.  Got hit by *redacted* of the alliance *redacted* with his level 479 Peggy, Medusa, Carol.
    It does happen sometimes. Apparently if you're in early enough to get seed teams, it's early enough that there are sometimes so few teams that MMR starts breaking down really fast. I've cleared seeds with a pair of 1* and the loaner and been hit by dual 550s.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It does happen sometimes. Apparently if you're in early enough to get seed teams, it's early enough that there are sometimes so few teams that MMR starts breaking down really fast. I've cleared seeds with a pair of 1* and the loaner and been hit by dual 550s.
    Same thing happened to me - I got hit by a boosted 500+ Kitty, Champed OML and a 4* when my team was hundreds of levels below. I didn't even get seed teams!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My initial clears in the first sub of Unstable ISO-8 felt like they were taking longer than usual. Then I went to hit the 5* Essential node, and noticed that even for the first clear, everyone in there had more health than any of my boosted characters. Checked the rewards, and yep, I accidentally joined SCL9. Looks like I'm just playing for Progression this time.
  • JSP869
    Options
    Realizing I was "robbed" of several days worth of Shield Intercept rewards because Galactus Hungers nodes only gave rewards for the first match of the day. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That moment when you log back in 10 minutes after a shield hop (where you hopped, shielded and checked the score board) to see a 71 point loss. 
    Ruddy server lag. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last month the Sweet taco vault had a Valkyrie cover I needed to maxcover her. Rng was being stingy and it required me 264 pulls to get her.

Today, laat day of the Savory vault, I decided to go for the Mockingbird cover in there to finish covering my Bobbi. 242 pulls. Gee, thanks RNG.

Back to stockpiling I guess...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Medusa PvP. Her PvP is such a drag. I'm using loaner Medusa since I don't have her rostered. Watching her attack and countdown tiles nibble my characters away made me helpless. I could bring some true healer such as Hawkeye, but he's pretty slow. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Medusa PvP. Her PvP is such a drag. I'm using loaner Medusa since I don't have her rostered. Watching her attack and countdown tiles nibble my characters away made me helpless. I could bring some true healer such as Hawkeye, but he's pretty slow. 
    I avoid matching the enemy's countdown tile as much as possible so there are fewer special tiles on the board. Also, deny purple as much as possible if you use characters that use a lot of special tiles so she can't flip the board and steal them.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won the Behemoth Burrito, but it was a MUCH longer slog than normal.  My LVL 299 Invisible Woman, 206 Patch and 104 Thor vs XFW, Hood and Black Widow.  The AI activated the following abilities:

Five Aggressive Recons from Black Widow
    Four X-Force and Surgical Strikes
    Three Anti-Gravity Devices

Had the teams been even levels, I would have gotten my butt whooped by this one.  As it was, my IW lost over 5K health.  The Surgical Strikes were the real killer...I've never been able to use that abilitiy more than twice in a non-wave node, and it almost never hit more than a couple of the tiles the second time around.  This time, they each took out at least a half-dozen yellow tiles, which led to more cascading purple matches for Black Widow, which led to more Aggressive Recons...

The two times IW was able to go invisible, BOOM comes the Surgical Strike, taking out the yellow protect/Invisibility tiles.
  • JSP869
    Options
    I won the Behemoth Burrito, but it was a MUCH longer slog than normal.  My LVL 299 Invisible Woman, 206 Patch and 104 Thor vs XFW, Hood and Black Widow...
    I had an almost equally horrible experience. Black Widow was almost dead but healed up on me to stay in the match, then stole more AP, then healed again. This was a horrible match up.

Thanks for the challenge ;)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happened to me to. Drives you crazy.