Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    For the first time in weeks I actually got seed teams in Strange’s PVP, so I cleared them with a loaner and unboosted Stormnedo. All that was left to do was wait until the hits come in....and wait....and wait...and...

With 12 hours to go, my team has been hit exactly once—by a max-champed Strange with 550 Thor and 550 DD.

while in the greater scheme of things it’s not a big deal, it is a little annoying that no one this season seems interested in trading wins on low tier teams.  It really takes all the fun out of win-based PVP
    I find that mostly only happens in the first few hours of any given slice. After that, you'll maybe get some back and forth via Retals, but it's really rare to see lower-level teams actually hunting out there after the first few hours.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've lost my account on Saturday and CS is still trying to restore it. I hope they will be successful. So this is the worst MPQ moment ever in my 2 years of playing. Furthermore I had to replay the beginner/intraductionary nodes with a new account...man was that boring with level 1 Iron man and so on. I miss my Grocket/Medusa/Gamora :(
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,144 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ares76 said:
    I've lost my account on SaturSaturdayday and CS is still trying to restore it. I hope they will be successful. So this is the worst MPQ moment ever in my 2 years of playing. Furthermore I had to replay the beginner/intraductionary nodes with a new account...man was that boring with level 1 Iron man and so on. I miss my Grocket/Medusa/Gamora :(
    That happened to me 18 months or so ago. Took 3 weeks to restore. I'd be on Day 1780 now but for that...
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When I want exactly 1 specific cover from an 80 token vault, and it literally takes the 80th draw to get it...

At least my 2* farm got some fertilizer.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Second today: firing MEH Hulk's Gamma Powerbomb and then watching your turn end with 5 critical tiles on the board served as a nice gift for the AI...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    When I want exactly 1 specific cover from an 80 token vault, and it literally takes the 80th draw to get it...

At least my 2* farm got some fertilizer.

How about #297 of 300 from the Deadpool Daily vault?  That's putting your 2* farm on steroids...
  • WebTangler
    WebTangler Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    L94 Dazzler vs. L78 America, Attempt #1.  America gets three match-fours in the first five moves.  Game over.
    Attempt #2:  match-fours plus a drop-in critical.
    Attempt #5:  oh hai, cascade!
    Attempt #10...
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Dazzler PvP. First turn enemy cascades enough blue to fire Yondu's Yaka Arrow.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    L94 Dazzler vs. L78 America, Attempt #1.  America gets three match-fours in the first five moves.  Game over.
    Attempt #2:  match-fours plus a drop-in critical.
    Attempt #5:  oh hai, cascade!
    Attempt #10...
    On one of my many tries, I had America down to 20 health. I had 900+. On the bottom row there's a green match 3 I'm planning to use to finish her off. 

So where does the game conveniently generate her critical tile? Right where she can drop it in that gap and make a match 4 with a crit and the green. Down goes Dazzler. 

• DarthDeVo
    Options
    Had a dismal showing in HoD. Every clear I was well within T10 in SCL8, which should have gotten me three covers. But I mistimed my first grind, then had RL issues that prevented me from properly grinding the other two subs. Finished in 33rd for one measly cover. 

Oh, and I've been pulling LTs as they come. Haven't pulled a single 5* since before Loki entered tokens. I haven't been tracking my LT pulls, but I'm probably closing in on 20 pulls with no 5*. I've had longer dry steaks, but this is getting ridiculous. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Played Simulation 006 (the nodes with Jessica Jones, Magneto and America Chavez) and she has wiped 6 of my healthpacks. After she placed the trap tiles, she gets to match it within two turns 8 out of 10 times. There goes my top 10.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    The one that killed my placement in Simulator was the 4* required node in the second sub. Two different clears, Widow got enough purple to go invisible, and kept getting just enough to go invisible again right as I cleared out the last of her tiles. I had AoEs in three colours, plus a Team-Up, but kept getting nothing but black and purple matches. I almost got her with AV's yellow, but mis-calculated, and it wasn't quite enough, and then she cascaded into enough yellow to heal herself almost all the way back up. Finally managed to double-fire both Because Boomerangs and Take Cover and finish her off, but I dropped from 4th to 13th during that match.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pulled another Wasp...that's six of my last seven 5* pulls :/
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Played Simulation 006 (the nodes with Jessica Jones, Magneto and America Chavez) and she has wiped 6 of my healthpacks. After she placed the trap tiles, she gets to match it within two turns 8 out of 10 times. There goes my top 10.

This whole first sub has been brutal. God I hate Simulator. I wish I could pay someone in hp to merc this dumb event for me. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:

This whole first sub has been brutal. God I hate Simulator. I wish I could pay someone in hp to merc this dumb event for me. 
    I dropped down to SCL 8 for this event.  Partly because Wasp is horrible.  Partly because Dazzler's only at one cover.  But mostly because I don't like this event either.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I went up against a Thor/Thanos team in Blind Justice.
    Normally my Okoye and XFDP team don't have much trouble even against duo Champion 5*s. Just occasionally I may lose 1 match in 10, but sometimes not even that.

I got some Team-Up tiles early to help Okoye boost XFDP's X-Enforcer, but then quickly ran into board where my Daredevil was tanking every match I made.

After Okoye had nibbled on almost all of my Team-Up AP I finally got a turn where I could put her back in front.
    The AI's Daredevil immediately stunned her then matched away his Stun countdown tile, to get 6 Blue AP from that match 3.

A now severely weakened Daredevil tanked my next turn but was killed by one of those freak cascades we often think only the AI gets.

With Okoye still stunned Deadpool had to face Thanos, Thor, and Daredevil all on his own. But not for long.
    Daredevil stunned him, then the AI got another cascade that killed him, too.

I immediately missed my turn due to Okoye still being stunned so I conceded as the AI was having its turn.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wiped twice on my finsl 5* node clear in Simulator... finished 22nd. That clear cost me t20 and an extra Emma Frost cover which wouldve allowed me to champ her. Luckily Hulk is a long event and Ill get 2 Emma covers from progression which will let me champ her.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    The realization that S2 does not fit with my schedule right now, and I'm stuck with it for a week. Gonna be short on sleep for a while here.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Basically missed grinding the second sub of The Hulk. Went from T20 in SCL9 to in the 60s. I *might* be able to pull off T50 if I can stay optimal, but I'm not holding my breath. 
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First match in Season Sim, find an opponent with a 5* and 2 4*s of about level 280... worth 75 points, nice way to start not too much hassle, right? Yeah, think again. After their first match my Cho Hulk is down to less than half health, and one match later my 4* Thor is down to one third health. Yes, this is going swimmingly, awesome..

I tried to win it anyway, but I can't get any yellow for my 3* IM and with the mountain of AP the opposing team has they finish off Cho and Thoress about 3 turns later, surprisingly slow I guess. Should have just retreated after the second turn.. another 2 health packs down the drain.