Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My phone was stolen yesterday. I won't be able to play MPQ for quite some time. That will be my "worst MPQ moment" for a while 😞
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Playing the ME Hulk essential node in the third sub twice, and both times having that stinking symbiote doing nothing but sit there and feed Venom green, and Moonstone red. Those powers hurt when there's not a darn thing you can do to stop them. Two clears, two health packs for Hulk.

Busted out Gamora & Rocket for clears 3&4. Eat strikes and stuns, fools. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thought process of the developers:

You know, the Carnage/Mutation/Mutation doesn't already have enough incidental damage with 2x Guard Dog mucking things up.  Let's make Thanos the required 3-star to add Court Death to the mix.  Hope the players have their Health Packs handy!!!
  • optimus2861
    Options
    The required characters for any re-run event are randomly / semi-randomly chosen so it's not like the devs made that a conscious decision. 

Tip: run Daken & Vulture. Daken can tank, and if Vulture's airborne when Court Death goes off, he avoids the damage.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've actually been happy that I'm in the process of re-building Thanos right now, so I can use the version that's still Lvl40 with only one black cover. Chavez and Strange can handle that fight just fine without a leveled or covered Thanos.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    The required characters for any re-run event are randomly / semi-randomly chosen so it's not like the devs made that a conscious decision. 

Tip: run Daken & Vulture. Daken can tank, and if Vulture's airborne when Court Death goes off, he avoids the damage.
    Oh, I know they're randomly picked.  That doesn't mean I have to like it, though. :)

I've been running Medusa/OML most of the time in that node, mainly for healing purposes.  Vulture's not a bad idea, though.
  • Magipink
    Magipink Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Vulture is always a good idea ^^
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    I was in second place for Venom Bomb all event, and something in real life happened that I couldn't ignore during my final grind for the event.  I went from 2nd to 16th and it only took five minutes.  This happened the event prior too. 

I'm aware this is just bad luck, but every time something stupid like this happens it makes me not want to play at all. But I have to, because if I don't, my alliance will ask me to leave. It burns even more because I've finally gotten to the point where top placement is possible  and I lose it because of something out of my control.

I've mentioned in the forums they need to fix the time restrictions in pve so they allow more flexibility.  It absolutely sucks spending so much time playing, only to lose because of time constraints. Not to mention the fact that I may not want to play right now because of real life stuff I'd rather do at the time.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    #22 in LR. 
    1 min left.
    Play and win match.
    #127 finish.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    #22 in LR. 
    1 min left.
    Play and win match.
    #127 finish.
    It feels so good when you can climb high and then not get touched for the rest of the event. But sometimes I'd rather put down the 50 hp for peace of mind because I've had far too many similar instances like yours.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    My Beardcap is not 9-4-4 and that's not even counting the red I wll get when my Bucky hits 180.  Worst string of luck I've had with a 5 yet.  Very thankful for saved covers.  Wondering if it's worth trading 3 in for another color.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Beardcap is not 9-4-4 and that's not even counting the red I wll get when my Bucky hits 180.  Worst string of luck I've had with a 5 yet.  Very thankful for saved covers.  Wondering if it's worth trading 3 in for another color.

If he is 9-4-4 you should be able to champ him and apply the saved covers as champ levels, right? Or was the numbers off?

If you aren't going to champ him, don't sweat. Red is the only Power that scales with level anyway, as long as that is maxed you have an OK LumberCap.

• optimus2861
    Options
    Nebula PVP. Took my boosted Rocket & Star Lord against Chavez and a new low covered Loki. Chavez's first move results in an ugly cascade that wipes out five of my strikes and gives her a huge AP lead. Next turn, strike number six falls and of course Loki starts hitting me with 5* critical damage. I retreated right away. It was hopeless. Never had a chance. 
  • optimus2861
    Options
    Took an absolutely savage beating in the Burrito node today. 2* Wolvie was downed outright, and my 266 3* Panther lost over 10K health. That's just kinda ridiculous.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Sinister Six, first Boss fight in LVL 8. Facing Carnage, Dock Ock and Venom.  Using my team of Hulkbuster (LVL 394, with 43,948 health) Totally Awesome Hulk (LVL 386, with 42,909 Health) and America Chavez (LVL 275, with 15,946 health).  Carnage is the first foe, and on his first turn he cascades into enough enough black, red and green to activate all of his abilities on the second turn.  The board shake gives him even more AP, and he just steam rolls from there.  He ends up taking out Hulkbuster, knocking Hulk down to about 14,000 health, and America down to 164 health before he finally goes down.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen a single enemy do upwards of 80K damage to my team...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Tons of cascades from enemy teams in Iron Spidey PvP. I have to use 1-2 healthpacks per match on my full health characters. After they changed the cascade frequency, I see more cascades coming from enemy teams. I think I might want to track both cascades frequency to check if this is confirmation bias. For now, I would just put it that RNG is not in my favour.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sinister Six, first Boss fight in LVL 8. Facing Carnage, Dock Ock and Venom.  Using my team of Hulkbuster (LVL 394, with 43,948 health) Totally Awesome Hulk (LVL 386, with 42,909 Health) and America Chavez (LVL 275, with 15,946 health).  Carnage is the first foe, and on his first turn he cascades into enough enough black, red and green to activate all of his abilities on the second turn.  The board shake gives him even more AP, and he just steam rolls from there.  He ends up taking out Hulkbuster, knocking Hulk down to about 14,000 health, and America down to 164 health before he finally goes down.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen a single enemy do upwards of 80K damage to my team...
    I had a match like that too in round 8 where Carnage just kept going and going and going. It was late and I was watching a movie and just kinda looking down at my tablet now and then to make a match but in no time my MEHulk, America and Mockingbird team had been utterly decimated. Thankfully I had already hit personal progression and my alliance was close to being done with round 8 anyway so I didn't care a whole lot, just annoying that he was doing his seemingly unending boardshake all the time.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    In Spidey PvP, Wiccan chain lightening-ed the column with 4 of my Mockingbird's fortified Bombshell counters in. It added insult to injury when they then wiped the column for the second time...
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fighting all season for the Heroic 10 Pack and being rewarded with eight 2* and two 3* characters...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the first time in weeks I actually got seed teams in Strange’s PVP, so I cleared them with a loaner and unboosted Stormnedo. All that was left to do was wait until the hits come in....and wait....and wait...and...

With 12 hours to go, my team has been hit exactly once—by a max-champed Strange with 550 Thor and 550 DD.

while in the greater scheme of things it’s not a big deal, it is a little annoying that no one this season seems interested in trading wins on low tier teams.  It really takes all the fun out of win-based PVP