Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    JSP869 said:
    Failing to fully cover 5* Daredevil before he dropped out of Latest, failing to get a single 5* cover from approximately 20 pulls before he dropped out of latest, spending 140 CP on classics (already have one Archangel cover, so meh to more Latest), getting TWO 5* covers, neither of which were Daredevil, and no bonus DD cover for either of them. So close to having my first fully covered 5* hero, but so far away, too. Queue Dire Straits.

Are you only one cover away? If so, setting him as your bonus hero might help.

At any rate, there's no rush to cover Daredevil. He's good, but not game changing, so he's not the best fivestar to start the fivestar transition with anyway.

I won't disagree with you that Daredevil isn't necessarily game-changing or meta-defining. I wouldn't call him that either. 

Now I'll fully admit to being biased because DD is my sole 5* champ, but I think he's been a great choice, especially paired with G4mora. He's made for climbing in PvP and clears/grinds in PvE. I hardly ever use healthpacks on him, and he tanks in most situations, being my only 5* champ, so I don't spend too many healthpacks on others, either.

I know he's not too strong on PvP defense or much of a deterrent, but he's so strong on offense that I'm not really bothered by it. 

I've had Black Panther fully covered since June or so, but have kept him at Level 290, and he'll probably be there for the foreseeable future. He isn't bad per se, but pairs much better with Thanos.

So while there are better first-time 5* champs than DD, I would argue that there aren't many. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,148 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between my son and I, we went 0-62 in getting either the LT or any of the four-stars in our America & Friends Vault.  On the "bright" side, he did get two blue Doom covers, bringing his Doom up to 3/8/4.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    My worst moment came out the best moment of the day. Bad one wins so posting here. Got my final Gambit from CS, 5* token gave black Bolt (2/5/5).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jgomes32 said:
    My worst moment came out the best moment of the day. Bad one wins so posting here. Got my final Gambit from CS, 5* token gave black Bolt (2/5/5).
    Yeah, I got a Gambit cover exchanged a while ago and got a purple Goblin cover from the 5* token. _My Goblin was 0/4/2 at the time, so it was technically useable, but it means future purple covers (from Sandman's champion levels, most likely) will be wasted.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished clears first in my sub! Next sub didn’t start?... oh. 48 hour sub. Been a while since I messed up one of those. At least it’s ot a new character release. Time for PVP. Against boosted Grocket teams. Well, at least everyone else is eating health packs too I guess. And season ends tomorrow. Oh, there’s the good news! Less than a week to... the America Chavez 5-star meta!... Ah, whatever. New season soon! Hope the rebalances and other updates are good.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    jgomes32 said:
    Same thing happened to me on a Gambit swap except with Silver Surfer. Pulled a red for my 2/5/4.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Pulled about 150 LL with 3 goals:
    1. Get at least 1 Archangel (achieved)
    2. Get my 8 covered Gambit to 13 (failed)
    3. Minimal cover waste (failed)

i ended up pulling:
    4 Archangel [0/0/0 > 2/1/1]
    7 Thor [0/2/0 > 1/5/2]
    2 Gambit (+1 BH) [3/3/2 > 5/3/3]

I’d gladly trade any of the other 11 5*s for this last 2 Gambits.  Also only got about an 8% 5* pull rate. That’s noticeably sub par on 2 hoard pulls in a row. 

Got 21 unusable 4*s. I might be able to save about half of them. 

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    broll said:
    Pulled about 150 LL with 3 goals:
    1. Get at least 1 Archangel (achieved)
    2. Get my 8 covered Gambit to 13 (failed)
    3. Minimal cover waste (failed)

i ended up pulling:
    4 Archangel [0/0/0 > 2/1/1]
    7 Thor [0/2/0 > 1/5/2]
    2 Gambit (+1 BH) [3/3/2 > 5/3/3]

I’d gladly trade any of the other 11 5*s for this last 2 Gambits.  Also only got about an 8% 5* pull rate. That’s noticeably sub par on 2 hoard pulls in a row. 

Got 21 unusable 4*s. I might be able to save about half of them. 

There is still quiiiite a lot of time to cover Gambit (that's what I keep telling myself)
    I know. I’ve already gotten a 12th in the ~12 hours since I posted that.  Mi would have preferred to get it early. My hope was to not spend the whole hoard, much less go day to day for while till I finish him. #firstworldproblems
  • sambrookjm
    Good news - Finishing 9th in the latest PvP Season, and getting three Heroic 10-packs.
    Bad news - Not a single 4-star in any of them.  Six 3-stars total, and one was a bonus hero.

• Quebbster
    I realized it would be loads of fun to run 4* Iron Fist against Eddie Brock Venom... when the PvE sub where you fight Eddie had already closed for me. Oh well, maybe next time Danny is boosted...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Day 1062.  I receive a purple Howard the Duck cover as my daily reward.  My 2/5/5 Howard laughs and says I can’t use it.  1000 iso.

Edit:  but then!  Webbed Wonder is running next week!  Will I get the elusive green cover and save this purple one?  Stay tuned.
  • Quebbster
    bluewolf said:
    Day 1062.  I receive a purple Howard the Duck cover as my daily reward.  My 2/5/5 Howard laughs and says I can’t use it.  1000 iso.

Edit:  but then!  Webbed Wonder is running next week!  Will I get the elusive green cover and save this purple one?  Stay tuned.

Thumbs crossed for you. My Howard has been 3/4/5 for a long time, I Think I am up to ten Purple covers since that's what I Always get from Webbed Wonder...
  • Quebbster
    OJSP said:
    Quebbster said:
    Thumbs crossed for you. 
    I hope you meant using your left and right thumbs to make a cross.. not 2 thumbs from the same hand.. ;)

I may have mixed up the Swedish and the English expression here. It's still early, I should have more coffee.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:

Thumbs crossed for you. My Howard has been 3/4/5 for a long time, I Think I am up to ten Purple covers since that's what I Always get from Webbed Wonder...
    I'm in a similar boat, my Howard is 1/2/5 and the random cover from Webbed Wonder the last like 4 times it ran was purple for me lol. I've gotta be at least 1/2/10
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    CT1888 said:
    Season 10 pack resulted in 9 2*s and 1 3*.
    Last 5*cover from a LT was over 2 weeks ago by my reckoning. This is getting beyond a joke Rng.
    Been over a month pulling legends and classics left and right (about 40 pulls) and only 1 5 star
  • sambrookjm
    I "improved" on my starting position from the last new character release PvE.  Instead of 996, where I started for the America Chavez event, I joined the Kraven release event at #951.
  • sambrookjm
    OJSP said:
    I "improved" on my starting position from the last new character release PvE.  Instead of 996, where I started for the America Chavez event, I joined the Kraven release event at #951.
    with this: tinyurl.com/mpqbracket , there’s really no reason (apart from scheduling conflict) why a frequent forum user would end up in a nearly full bracket like that..
    How about a frequent forum user who had somehow never seen that link?  :blush:
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Waking up to a new cycle of Deadpool Daily Quest and seeing the Crash available. Then remembering it’s Thing vs Human Torch. My Champ 288 Thing vs Human Torch.
    Lost the first time as usual. I hate this Crash so much. There’s just no outdamaging Torch with super-slow Thing.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Waking up to a new cycle of Deadpool Daily Quest and seeing the Crash available. Then remembering it’s Thing vs Human Torch. My Champ 288 Thing vs Human Torch.
    Lost the first time as usual. I hate this Crash so much. There’s just no outdamaging Torch with super-slow Thing.

Deny red, then black, then green.
    Unload red and green.
    Win.
    He wastes green, so minimal threat from it.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Pulling my third blue Nico cover in 3 days for my 5/2/4 Runaway. The second and third were consecutive pulls, although half an hour apart.