Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• In this week's Lightning Round, I pulled 8 1* Venom covers in the 8 seed matches.
    That is a bad streak if ever there was one.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    my Peggy is 5/3/2.

Red is the only color she can't use.

Pulled a Peggy token today. Woo!

redflag.png

Sigh.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Got my 10-pack yesterday. Got 4star Luke Cage. The problem is, it's his yellow, and my Cage is already 5/1/2. That's a 100% chance I will sell it before Cage can be championed. Well, at least its only one; the display bug made me think I pulled TWO Cage yellow when I opened the pack. That was weird, as no bonus heroes were involved.

Still holding on adding a level for Daredevil, so I don't get an unusable Elektra cover, but now I have in my queue three Daredevil covers of different colors pulled different days.

Got a great slice in Venom Bomb. Managed to finish the first sub in the top 5. Have kept in top 20 for the entire weekend. But now it's monday and I have to skip the last sub, sending much of my progress to the trash (Haven't gotten the last CP, and surely won't get top 100, but at least the Sam Wilson cover was one I could use?.)
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hollowpoint Kiss yesterday. I watched enough cascades go against me, one after the other, that by the end of turn 4 I had eaten the following AI skills: Star-Lord red, Cyclops yellow, Cyclops red, Black Widow purple, Black Widow green, and Cyclops was only one more black away from that too. And that was a level 320-something Widow, five cover green, of course, for something like 7500+ AOE.

I hate PVP, I really do. Don't know why I bothered trying to get back into it.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thinking I had two bonus 4 stars from my 10 pack when I only had one.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    smkspy wrote:
    Thinking I had two bonus 4 stars from my 10 pack when I only had one.
    That's like thinking you found 2 $100 bills, but dang it was only one.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good for them, bad for me....

Lots of team-mates getting tons of IF covers either due to bug, or due to bracket-sniping.

PROGRESSION ONLY REWARDS PLEASE.
  • Agent XLII
    Agent XLII Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Wow, I just had a massive cascade that resulted in about 5 crits....too bad I was playing a PvP match against Teen Jean. -_-
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I've just been pulling tokens as I get cp, since I don't have many max covered characters to worry about in the present pool.

But I got two bonus heroes this week like that! Unfortunately they were both fifth covers for highly unbalanced characters, like my 5/2/1 Moon Knight icon_e_confused.gif
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I had my own little Tokenmas when Strange was first added, managed to get 5* Strange up to 5/3/0.
    Had been studiously opening Latest LTs since then in an attempt to get him fully covered.
    Drew a total of 0 additional covers for him in the last ~3 months. Even set him as my only 5* bonus hero - just in case.
    Now that's he's not in latest, I decide that I should just open Classics since I need covers for just about everyone there.
    Even select some different 5* Bonus Heroes.
    Open my first Classic LT today.
    It's a 5* cover.
    It's Strange.
    It's Blue.

Good times.
  • Shmoe50
    Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Just finished the first 4 clears in the Juggernaut pve. Using Moon Knight for the first 4 nodes, at no point did the boards start with more than 5 of the color that was randomly chosen for his purple pwer. Then using a champed, boosted teen Jean and a level 202 switch, in the 8 clears against Kingpin in the main nodes, there was only one time when I could use any of Jean's powers while kingpin was still standing. I have had bad boards befoe, but never so many in a row! In all of the modes, there was only one that started as good, 2 were about average, and the rest were unbelievably bad. I have never been so tinykitty tinykyittyin frustrated with a game that is supposed to be fun. This sucked swamp rats!
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Finished 102 in Venom Bomb. That means three elite tokens and not a single cover. Not even one champion level for my 2-star Wolverine.

Got a 4-star out of a single Heroic token. Sadly it was Gwenpool violet. THat makes three unusable 4-stars in my queue, along with Luke Cage yellow and Elektra purple.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a Bagman cover from a PvP drop. Sadly it was a Purple and my Bagman is currently 5/1/5, so it is very unlikely I'll be able to use it unless I roster Another Bagman.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I've gotten 3 4* covers from heroic tokens in the past week. Unfortunately they have all been purple Coulson covers which does jack squat for my 2/5/4 Coulson.

Best laid plans my ****.
  • optimus2861
    Sigh. PVP fun again. 4hor, IM40, Kamala v. Patch, IM40, Thanos, all 3-star, in the SHIELD Sim.

Enemy IM40 fired consecutive recharges where I never got one. Patch was thus, for a moment (I had stunned Thanos), the only standing enemy when he used up all the red. 8K+ damage to 4hor, and then Berzerker Rage after that for the monster strike tiles. Thanos wakes, casts Infinite Power, and goes to town with nearly 2K match damage per move. IM40 wakes (after the second recharge!), Ballistic Salvo, Kamala down, Court Death, everyone else keels over.

That was one nasty defensive team. I'm never taking on that combo again.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "Random Color" given out at end of Howard PVE.

With the two purples given out earlier, I'm at 3/3/5.

Have another purple as a daily drop in 15 days. To not waste it, I need a good PVP color and a the "Random Color" to be one of the two I need.

For DAYS, I've been dreading what it would be.

Today, I was proven right....the "Random Color" was OF COURSE purple, so I will have to toss it out and I'll also have to toss out the purple I get in 15 days since there isn't any other way to get Howard.

WHEN WILL WE GET COLORLESS COVERS. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

(Oh, and I have no faith that your "Random" really is)

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS D3???

Yep, it's day 1062 for me! A lovely Purple Howard for me! I mean....a pitiful 1K ISO!

Duck is back! My 3/3/5 hasn't changed!

And....we have a vault. A -SIZED EIGHTY- vault. With...apparently no other way to earn covers? And no other events to earn vault draws?

What a waste.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    For several reasons, I failed to hit the 575 mark in the SWitch PvP event, the first time that's happened this season.

I was darn close though. I was sitting at 548 with about 10 minutes to go. I frantically skipped through fights until I found one for 40 points. I managed to clear it pretty quickly, saw that I hadn't been hit... but my 40 point match awarded me 26 points. And 548 + 26 = 574. One point shy.

I got hit trying to win the next match. Of course. Oh well.

I can't tell you how many times I've been juuuuusssssst shy of hitting the next progression reward, I load a battle that's worth more than enough to carry me across the mark, then when I actually get the points I come up just a few shy. SUPER annoying.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Managed to snag the LT from the Juggernaut Heroic vault, pop it open, and it's Riri... icon_rolleyes.gif Aaand, it's green cover #6. icon_cry.gif
  • This insane moment when you are like : ok just two 4* hero left (howard the duck and captain marvel), if i open a legendary token, i just CAN't have one of them.

And then appears the captain marvel icon.
  • optimus2861
    Juggs: Heroic, the first node of the last sub. Moonstone, Daken, Ares, all around level 140. Le sigh, all those infernal cheap powers. The AI cascaded into a triple critical that overloaded it with AP, so by the time I escaped the node, Cyclops (boosted), and Witch had healing times approaching 4h, and Deadpool's was 2.5h.

Ridiculous.