Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Typing up roster "progress" and seeing this:

I pulled -every single CP possible- out of the season, pulled two classic 5* covers. There are NINE in classics means NEGATIVE progess! RNG-only progress is terrible, and SLOW RNG PROGRESS is killing the game!
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Cannot find a single comfortable shield-hop match in Black Vortex to get three measly points for 900. Peggy yellow continues to be a unicorn for me. I've wasted a huge amount of iso for the skip tax only to see the same five options with 5 hours left.

Just going to sleep and hope I somehow luck into a defensive win.

/end rant
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got to 845 in Black Vortex. My best score ever, and a heartbeat from reaching 900 for the first time.

So, of course, the "win 45 points, lose 150" smackdown followed. Down to 726 and falling as I'm out of health packs. I even, for the first time, spent 200 HP on 5 health packs when I ran out to try to make that push.

lol no

so that's a reminder why I don't, and shouldn't ever, bother with anything past 575.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Got to 845 in Black Vortex. My best score ever, and a heartbeat from reaching 900 for the first time.

So, of course, the "win 45 points, lose 150" smackdown followed. Down to 726 and falling as I'm out of health packs. I even, for the first time, spent 200 HP on 5 health packs when I ran out to try to make that push.

lol no

so that's a reminder why I don't, and shouldn't ever, bother with anything past 575.
    Next time, don't buy health packs.
    Instead shield up for 3 hours, get some _reliable_ queues that will keep their value (guys from T10 alliances, or someone you can see on your leaderboard), and hop to 900.

3 hour + 8 hour shield is 225 HP, one hop per fight will get you to 900 from 800+.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

lol no

Instead shield up for 3 hours, get some _reliable_ queues that will keep their value (guys from T10 alliances, or someone you can see on your leaderboard), and hop to 900.

3 hour + 8 hour shield is 225 HP, one hop per fight will get you to 900 from 800+.

I don't hop. This is the furthest past 650 I've ever even attempted. I thought I'd give winning 1-2 fights a shot once I realized there was a maybe, but all this happened with four hours left. Even had I been inclined to hop, the timing would have made that impractical.

Had it been anyone but Peggy, I'd have called it a day at 575 or 650 and that'd be that.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

lol no

I don't hop. This is the furthest past 650 I've ever even attempted. I thought I'd give winning 1-2 fights a shot once I realized there was a maybe, but all this happened with four hours left. Even had I been inclined to hop, the timing would have made that impractical.

Had it been anyone but Peggy, I'd have called it a day at 575 or 650 and that'd be that.
    It's still smarter to pay for a shield than to pay for more healthpacks as long as you have time to put the game down for a Little while. It means you don't show up in any new queues, so when you decide to break shield and go for the last progression you have a head start. It's usually the smartest thing to do when the high Point matches dry up. Both the 3 hour and the 8 hour shield is cheaper than 5 new Health packs anyway, so you come out ahead.
  • SnowcaTT
    LR's for whales.

I mean...that's what these Captain Marvel LR's are.

You are -not- placed in the general population....unless practically everyone in the "general" population has 2+ 450+. That's what I see in every one of my LR's. You are placed by MMR - except MMR is broken. So my single 5* gets put me up against a bunch of double 4*'s.

Oh, and guess who has the best Captain Marvels? And the best 5*'s? Would it be...the Whales?

May as well just put a sign on these LR's. "Did you pay lots of money recently? Here, have some more chances to further champ your character and further get ahead of the non-whales!"

You know what I'd like? A chance to -GET- the 13 covers. These LR's are way worse than the typical ones, I've gotten one elite token once....no way to get another Captain Marvel that way!
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Not worst but bad enough
    BoP. I go in with my fun combo of medusa_icon.png and 3* icon_falcon.pngicon_storm.png .
    Facing icon_scarletwitch.png and 3* icon_daken.pngicon_thor.png .
    I was saddened to discover that redwing was not happy with the changes and it went on strike, so it wouldn't target SW's cd tile nor daken's swords. Oh well, I thought, at least the rest work!

Kill off SW first, and start working on thor. At some point, thor is left with 100 health points. 100! Wouldn't you know it? redflag.png which triggered a cascade, followed by yellowflag.png which triggered another cascade and lots of strike.png , followed by greenflag.png. Daken then takes over with his blueflag.png . Falcon goes down.

Won in the end but still! I just sat there watching for what felt like ages
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    LR's for whales.

I mean...that's what these Captain Marvel LR's are.

You are -not- placed in the general population....unless practically everyone in the "general" population has 2+ 450+. That's what I see in every one of my LR's. You are placed by MMR - except MMR is broken. So my single 5* gets put me up against a bunch of double 4*'s.

Oh, and guess who has the best Captain Marvels? And the best 5*'s? Would it be...the Whales?

May as well just put a sign on these LR's. "Did you pay lots of money recently? Here, have some more chances to further champ your character and further get ahead of the non-whales!"

You know what I'd like? A chance to -GET- the 13 covers. These LR's are way worse than the typical ones, I've gotten one elite token once....no way to get another Captain Marvel that way!
    Compare these to your odds of getting C4rol from the previous version of LR's.
    Just pour another bowl of Wheaties. Positivity man! Well, maybe not in this thread, but..
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just a little token whining.

Every day I have my standard token opening ritual - 8 standard tokens, 3 elite tokens, 1 heroic token. If I don't pull a single gold (3 star or above) I repeat the ritual.
    I had the worst run yesterday - I ended up opening the following:

48 standard tokens
    17 elite tokens
    5 heroics

before my 18th elite token of the day *finally* coughed up a gold-plated piece of poo - Sentry. Blah.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Was on my last 4th-time-clear on the Hunt that was just completed, and wiped. I was 36 points (36!!!!!) away from the 15 CP progressive. Decided to put the game aside and finish it off later.

Forgot.

icon_redface.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Loki PVP. Made the last match I needed to reach 18 green for Hammer and Anvil total party kill. Forgot I was using the free Loki while mine was recovering, so it ended up being my Red Hulk who tanked, and next turn ate a patriotic shield to the face. The rest of the team couldn't do much so I just quit once I had one character left, with less than half health.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    opened a Classic Legends for another yellow 5 star.pngicon_captainamerica.png putting him at about 9/1/0....
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    This is a dumb problem, but I have a 1/5/5 2* Magneto with 5 covers I can't use in my queue, and I just wanted to get that taken care of. Loki's PvP could net me a blue cover if I play in SCL 5 and come in between 11th and 25th place, and then I could get the other one I needed from progression in the Shield Simulator.

And then I came in 26th in the Loki PvP, by not predicting how much I'd drop at the very end. Completely my own fault, and kicking myself for it now.

Also: Yay, having two more covers dying on the vine.

On the other hand, this annoyed me enough to pull my stash of 18 Taco tokens, just to see if I got lucky. And I did end up pulling 2000 HP and over 10,000 iso from those 18 pulls. Still not what I wanted, but not a completely bad day.
  • SnowcaTT
    Gauntlet. The only reason I run PVE is the CP. Where is my CP? I guess no CP for....-checks run length-....A WEEK?!?

Daily CP and 4*'s in DDQ already please.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Gauntlet. The only reason I run PVE is the CP. Where is my CP? I guess no CP for....-checks run length-....A WEEK?!?

Daily CP and 4*'s in DDQ already please.
    Gauntlet runs for a week, but they typically start another PvE after three or four days, so you should get your CP after the weekend.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished the sub event in Doctor Strange ysturday and missed the final points in the required character node by a matter of seconds (stupid story thing you need to skip through). It was worth 97 points. "Eh, that might bite me in the butt later but...I might be okay."

Finished up tonight in 11th place. I was 88 points behind the guy in 10th. So there goes that last Quake cover I needed. Even more annoying that it doesn't show up as progression in the damn Gauntlet.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "Random Color" given out at end of Howard PVE.

With the two purples given out earlier, I'm at 3/3/5.

Have another purple as a daily drop in 15 days. To not waste it, I need a good PVP color and a the "Random Color" to be one of the two I need.

For DAYS, I've been dreading what it would be.

Today, I was proven right....the "Random Color" was OF COURSE purple, so I will have to toss it out and I'll also have to toss out the purple I get in 15 days since there isn't any other way to get Howard.

WHEN WILL WE GET COLORLESS COVERS. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

(Oh, and I have no faith that your "Random" really is)

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS D3???

Yep, it's day 1062 for me! A lovely Purple Howard for me! I mean....a pitiful 1K ISO!

I have a 1/5/0 Goblin, and day 190 is another purple. Can we PLEASE get colorless covers in the next 30 days, so I don't have to bump this post again?
  • SnowcaTT
    I played six matches and got ~6000 ISO and two (non-5* of course) covers today. Done with gauntlet days ago, done with PVP yesterday...this game left me with nothing to do and no "progression" at all today.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tried to make a run for 2000 PVP Riri cover. Got to 1958. Went into a 40 pt match...

By the time the match was over, I had lost 261 pts.

Should have shield hopped.