Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had a PvP match where the AI got 52 AP on their first turn. The kicker? It was one match and all cascades from there. No match-5 extra turns.

Somehow, I won that match.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started Magnetic Mayhem early because I wanted to farm some iso. First I didn't get the seed teams, great, and to make things worse, the AI was on fire today, and I lost two consecutive matches!!! Man, I hate the AI sometimes. Every time the AI fired PH purple it got multiple matches, it got a lot of 5-matches, then after OML's black every single movement from the AI was at least three matches (7k+ dmg every turn). Amazing. 6 health packs to the trash. But hey, I was just playing for iso, at least I was not climbing or doing shield hops...
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two bad beats in Magnetic Mayhem (not even 300 points which is all I can do in this one because of work constraints)
    That left me playing DDQ Without my best 4's

The good news: my B-Team for the big enchilada (Patch Daken and Spider Woman) made very short work of that
  • Borstock
    Magnetic Mayhem wiped the floor with me this morning. Had a match where I got hit with Reality Crush 3 times, and it hit a different character on my side each time. Plus, the AI's team-up was a stun. Just sat there and watched as it picked me to shreds.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Opened 5 Classics in a go. Saw two purples. Both were Phoenix. She's the only one at max cover, so that's 4000 ISO in the bank. What the tinykitty is with me and my affinity for Phoenix, when the next highest covered is still sitting at 5 covers?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I started Magnetic Mayhem early because I wanted to farm some iso. First I didn't get the seed teams, great, and to make things worse, the AI was on fire today, and I lost two consecutive matches!!! Man, I hate the AI sometimes. Every time the AI fired PH purple it got multiple matches, it got a lot of 5-matches, then after OML's black every single movement from the AI was at least three matches (7k+ dmg every turn). Amazing. 6 health packs to the trash. But hey, I was just playing for iso, at least I was not climbing or doing shield hops...

**** !!! I have 5 free minutes that I decide to use to play MM again. I see an 'easy' ProfX,SS,Magneto against my BBolt, PH, Magneto. I start the match, their very first move a match5 that falls out of nowhere, Magneto gets 10 blue on the next turn, fires it and get gets another massive cascade. ProfX goes invisible, etc, etc. After a few minutes I lose the match. INCREDIBLE. Sometimes it is very hard to believe that the AI is not cheating, in three turns it had more than 30 AP.

There are some days that the AI is specially lucky. Those days it would be better to not play at all....
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    I know this is more of a moan than a worst moment, but to grind to position 33 in Venom Bomb (when I don't have a lot of time to play), only to get a single Howard cover was very disappointing. The reward definitely didn't match the time and effort put in.
  • Borstock
    rg72 wrote:
    I know this is more of a moan than a worst moment, but to grind to position 33 in Venom Bomb (when I don't have a lot of time to play), only to get a single Howard cover was very disappointing. The reward definitely didn't match the time and effort put in.

I don't understand. You said you don't have a lot of time to play, but also say you should get more of a reward for the time you put in. Did you mean to say you put in more than usual during the Venom Bomb event?
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Borstock wrote:
    rg72 wrote:

I don't understand. You said you don't have a lot of time to play, but also say you should get more of a reward for the time you put in. Did you mean to say you put in more than usual during the Venom Bomb event?

Yes - Due to work, family etc I don't usually get loads of time to play, but I put in more than usual this time and then ended up disappointed.

I did say it was more of a moan than anything. Maybe I'm being unrealistic. I was just hoping to get more than 1 Howard cover for 6 clearing at least each node throughout the event. The reward tokens just gave 2* covers throughout, so I was hoping for more for finishing within the top 50 overall. Oh well.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Random Color" given out at end of Howard PVE.

With the two purples given out earlier, I'm at 3/3/5.

Have another purple as a daily drop in 15 days. To not waste it, I need a good PVP color and a the "Random Color" to be one of the two I need.

For DAYS, I've been dreading what it would be.

Today, I was proven right....the "Random Color" was OF COURSE purple, so I will have to toss it out and I'll also have to toss out the purple I get in 15 days since there isn't any other way to get Howard.

WHEN WILL WE GET COLORLESS COVERS. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

(Oh, and I have no faith that your "Random" really is)
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Realising that having no DST right now is going to make the boss event refresh times the worst possible ones for me since my area doesn't use DST

First refresh: 1am - 9am, supposed to be sleeping when refresh starts, 1.5hrs to clear on the way to work
    Second refresh: 9am to 5pm, starts when I just started work, ends before I end work
    Third refresh: 5pm to 1am, the only good time slot for me

If DST was in effect, event would have started at 12am and I could have cleared the first refresh before sleeping and the second refresh on my way to work at 8am.

This is the first time I'm experiencing this as I just only just started work, so I was pretty sad when I realised this
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    metallion wrote:
    Realising that having no DST right now is going to make the boss event refresh times the worst possible ones for me since my area doesn't use DST

First refresh: 1am - 9am, supposed to be sleeping when refresh starts, 1.5hrs to clear on the way to work
    Second refresh: 9am to 5pm, starts when I just started work, ends before I end work
    Third refresh: 5pm to 1am, the only good time slot for me

If DST was in effect, event would have started at 12am and I could have cleared the first refresh before sleeping and the second refresh on my way to work at 8am.

This is the first time I'm experiencing this as I just only just started work, so I was pretty sad when I realised this
    that's definitely a first world problem if I've ever seen it
  • SnowcaTT
    Civil War Scaling.

I expected to write that day 2, so....horray?

Except day 3 seems worse than ever and there is another day to go. Why must the sub/side-nodes be crazy hard when the whole point is the boss scales to crazy hard?
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Two Hail to the King tokens, one from progression and one for 25 CP. Successively pulled...

Mr. Fantastic (13th usable cover)
    Elektra (12th usable cover)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    busting my hump to reach personal max progression to get an unusable 4* cover from the HttK token.
  • SnowcaTT
    40 4*'s champed. Today:

Tossing out two (of four) Classics opened, no 5*'s.

Tossing out two (of four) Civil War rewards, no 5*'s.

Tossing out two purple Howard "rewards", since I'm 3/3/5.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    The game is absolutely refusing to give me the last cover I need to rechamp 2 star.png Captain Marvel. Oh but I'm getting plenty of the two colors of hers I don't need, 17 of them are currently in my queue. Not devastating or anything, but pretty dagbern annoying.
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I've played the shield simulator during this pvp season (soul season) not so often till i got to the 1000pt mark. Then much much later go to 1300pts and quickly to 1500 and I left it like that in favor of playing pvp events or pve. Till the last 24hrs of the season came and I decided to get that Captain Marvel 4* black cover and reach that 2000k pts.

I got to 1950pts (2-3 battles away from goal, right?), but I was out of health packs, my top tier chars downed and no more time to play....checked 1-1,5 hrs later to see I dropped 300pts...lost all motivation to regain it after 3 battles where my strongest team got beaten by a team led by almost champed iceman but also by a team with an early champed Blade, lvl 90 iron man 3* and something else....sheesh
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing I haven't pulled a 5 star from a latest draw since Christmas eve.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    For the first time since I can remember, my alliance and I didn't reach the three 4-star cover rewards in Civil War. We ended up with no Spider-Woman covers.