Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    -****, GWBW has 12 green, good thing she's down to 1200 health, a few more moves and she'll be out-
    -Dang, Colossus just used his yellow power, I can't hit her for about 5 moves-
    -Wait, I have a match-3 that drops down a green match-4 that will give me 14 green for 3*Thor to hit Colossus, and still down her on the side-
    -OK cool, I'll do that right away in the next round-
    -Shoot, Colossus got his black power? Now he threw her airborne-
    -Hold on, what, why would Colossus match green when GWBW is airborne? Ugh, now they have 15 green-
    -Man, I hope she only does her Deceptive Tactics when she lands. Or, ha, maybe her Pistol!-
    -Oh no, she did her Sniper! Good thing my team has twice the health of one of those things-
    -No no no, after the Sniper shot cascade, the board got her a match-5 in green! OMG what, ANOTHER SNIPER!??-

A 5 year old could have won this match...
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Nothing so bad happened to me last day, but I guess there are a couple of meh things:
    -Missed the Deadpool PVP because schedule.
    -Spent lots of boosts and couldn't beat the Crash with my 1/1/3 Punisher.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Came in third in Thick as Thieves, missing second by "this much". I've never ground nodes this hard before, completely burnt out now.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Finishing 1st in all of the PVE subs except the last where the five star scaling (Hello 75K Magneto) and bad boards killed my clear times.

Still squeaked out 8th place but feel such a let down after busting my **** on all those previous subs for a meh character.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I was lucky to pull two 4* in a row from heroic token. Unfortunately neither my 6/4/2 Nova needs another red cover nor my 2/4/8 Wasp another black cover.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had to sell my first 5* today. My sixth black for my 5/1/0 Goblin.

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I drew what was, I think, my tenth red Carnage cover. He's at 5/3/3. My consolation was that it was a Heroic token pull, not something I spent CP on.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Shielding up at 900 points in Gamora PVP with 3 hours to go, to miss out on T50 by 5 points. Considering I finished my climb at 42nd, if it wasn't for the fact I was aiming for 10k season progression I wouldn't have bothered shielding, but this felt like a kick in the teeth when I realised I basically traded 75HP for 2 covers of a 2* I had no plans to farm in the first place
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's funny, I don't remember peeing in RNGesus' Wheaties, but it sure feels like I'm being punished for such an offense.

My 2* Wolverine is on his third trip through the farm, but has been stuck at Level 86 for about the past three weeks because I can't draw a yellow cover to save my life. I just keep drawing red and green covers, while they slowly die on the vine.

Now it seems as if RNG has taken to trolling me by giving me a bunch of yellow covers, just not for 2* Wolvie.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Had 13 tokens from the Hearts of Darkness vault, just pulled my 13th 2*.

Come on RNG, give me a break
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Thought id muck around a bit with the Storm PVP and try some different toons.

Most people have a go at Mr Fantastic because he generally lack luster. Mine is champed and he is also boosted. So I paired him with thing who is also champed and boosted. TBH is works well if you get Mr F’s black down sharpish. Bust a Yellow storm and then cascade city can see you matching 10k off someone in a few moves. If you are lucky enough to get some more black and put storms power down do it and wow heal heal heal for Mr. F.

Smack a few of them round the chops with things red or green and it’s a winner.

However. The above is the ideal situation which happened once.

The reality is that out of the ten matches I played Mr. f’s black tile got matched within 1 or 2 moves. Or hit by the oppositions storm green. Or the thing would blast it away with his green. I may have been unlucky and that’s just how it goes in this game, you win some you lose some but it highlights the flaw in Mr F I think and his general limitations. He is a support character but if his support is that narrow it’s a bit of a non event.

Now, allegedly, someone may of said that possibly on the grapevine that he might be getting a boost theoretically soon. That boost needs to be a heal for the team. His stun is fine, you could make it a team stun for less time perhaps. His black is ok damage wise and its effects are good because it encourages his team pairing. I think it needs to be fortified maybe. Or passive, so if he has enough black it pops on the board anyway. Or perhaps has 2 stages. Save up 9 black to bust it and have a high match damage, save up another 9 and if its still on the board you can overload it or some such and it does high damage to the opposition and gets rid of the tile.

Went off on the tangent there, my actual gripe was that I was annoyed with how my matches went when I was trying something different.

Its everyone else’s fault.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    0.1% drop rate instead of a decent vault for a character that has been "released" TWICE PREVIOUSLY.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    It's funny, I don't remember peeing in RNGesus' Wheaties, but it sure feels like I'm being punished for such an offense.

My 2* Wolverine is on his third trip through the farm, but has been stuck at Level 86 for about the past three weeks because I can't draw a yellow cover to save my life. I just keep drawing red and green covers, while they slowly die on the vine.

Now it seems as if RNG has taken to trolling me by giving me a bunch of yellow covers, just not for 2* Wolvie.

may I introduce my 5/5/2 2* Captain Marvel, who has 6 black covers on the vine, the next one dying in 6 days. well met Wolverine
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    rg72 wrote:
    Had 13 tokens from the Hearts of Darkness vault, just pulled my 13th 2*.

Come on RNG, give me a break

This is me, except like x3. I had some extra HP, and I really wanted the last red X-23 cover I need that was in the vault.

I know how probability works, but I have never pulled 2 stars so consistently from a vault.

Oh well, life goes on icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The three elite tokens from top 20 finish in Hearts of Darkness yielded two 2* Daken (do not want) and a Sentry cover of a color I can't use.

At least the Daken 3* covers got me an X-23 green and the event token for sub finish got me a Legendary Token.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    bob554 wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:

may I introduce my 5/5/2 2* Captain Marvel, who has 6 black covers on the vine, the next one dying in 6 days. well met Wolverine

Hang in there. I FINALLY got my yellow cover (after getting several yellow covers for other characters, naturally. It seriously felt like I was being trolled pretty hardcore.).
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    0.1% drop rate instead of a decent vault for a character that has been "released" TWICE PREVIOUSLY.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I take it you mean Howard. In fairness, that also means top 100 placement rewards instead of top 10. And, Brigby has noted that the Webbed Wonder vault following venom bomb will contain Howard. I'm also assuming his Fowl Play PvP token will have the standard 3.8/4.8% rates. But, agreed that .1% on Howard, or any other character at this point in the game really, is just insulting.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    WIPING TO THE LOANER NODE.

Carriers are ridiculous, and either need to be fixed (again) or make sure they NEVER have friends that also drop tiles Carriers increase.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blowing 80k iso and all my +all damage boosts for Crash, just to get a green X23 to take her to 8/2/7
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any day that involves nodes with Carnage + symbiotes can die in a fire.