Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    This weekend I will have to sell two of my unifinished 2-star champions to roster a couple of 4-star covers I have obtained this week, as I will be on vacation in another country for the first two weeks of next year.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Behold Thanos PvP. This event is just awful.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    And the buttheads (okay, not really) who attacked me while I was still on the first node of seed teams. That's basically all I do, especially on obnoxious events like this one, so it really curtailed the tiny amount of points I was able to get before quitting.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you using Punisher's green then black for maximum brutality? Him with IM40 is doing the business so far for me (though when the opponents Punisher gets going, it gets painful) (and if your roster is up to date, running him at 553 has been the way for me)
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Selling another greenflag.pngicon_x23.png (currently 5/0/5), beating the Crash for a token_legendary.png and drawing a greenflag.pngicon_x23.png
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    CT1888 wrote:
    Are you using Punisher's green then black for maximum brutality? Him with IM40 is doing the business so far for me (though when the opponents Punisher gets going, it gets painful) (and if your roster is up to date, running him at 553 has been the way for me)

I am. It's just that every match so far, I'm getting a no-green board, so Thanos black hits for every kill. Instead of using a health pack every other, every third match, it's one after every match. I find it hard to believe he was released this way intentionally.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    What a way to start the day! Used Red Hulk, Cho Hulk, and 4Clops. Fought Peggy Carter, Hood, and Teen Jean. Made a match, and a match 5 immediately drops in from the top for me. Later on, made a match 4, and the column dropped a match 5 in for me. 2 damn surprise 5s against Jean, and the second is when Peggy made me do as she says and Jean filled me with surprises. Maybe I'll go in with Fishnet Black Widow with some tanks to protect her and have fun with the broken Recon to feel better.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2017
    Sweet! finally a 3* from ISO-8 Brotherhood.....
    Colossus Fastball Special
    ALL of the covers from the vault are.....Fastball Special
    progress rewards were......Fastball Special
    and the DPD for 01/14.....Fastball special
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Going 0 for 20 on latest LTs. Announcing that in alliance chat and having someone open one token to get their 13th cover for widow. icon_evil.gif
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having Black Widow downed twice by Demolition in Deadpool vs MPQ
    Both times Colossus Fastball Special'ed Scarlet Witch into a finishing Reality Crush
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    matthatter wrote:
    Selling another greenflag.pngicon_x23.png (currently 5/0/5), beating the Crash for a token_legendary.png and drawing a greenflag.pngicon_x23.png
    Wolverine Without regeneration...say it ain't so Joe
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Had to skip the Hulkbuster crash, because I had to go to Argentina. One of my most covered characters, and one I know I can win without even boosting.
  • Revelr
    Revelr Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Seeing the green Jean Grey cover you need to champ as the 900 reward in the captain America pvp. Accidentally signing up for SCL6..
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Having Thor use his green ability for only 11 green. AI was about to get killed but nope. It cheated and took me down. Bad enough I lost near 100 points over night, but this is a new low for the programmers to program this **** into the game.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    PVP is a joke. I can't get above 800, cause every time I enter a fight even with full boosts, I get hit at least once and the AI gets amazing cascades so I barely win regardless of the matchup and the matches take forever. PVE is so much more fun and relaxing. All I wanted for the first time ever is the cover at 900 and the game will not let me even get close.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I'm done with PvP.

I just checked tha last teams who defeated me in Cap event, and one of them includes 2 champed 5* characters, while my roster has approx half champed 3* and no 4* champs.

How tinykitty hard it is to put me against similar opponents?
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Add me to the list of disgruntled Versus mode players. Playing my last match to put me over 900 points and come out to six (6!!!!!!!!!) simultaneous losses. The devs should all be forced to play every Versus event to 900 points. Maybe they'd figure out a way to make it fun then.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    PVP is a joke. I can't get above 800, cause every time I enter a fight even with full boosts, I get hit at least once and the AI gets amazing cascades so I barely win regardless of the matchup and the matches take forever. PVE is so much more fun and relaxing. All I wanted for the first time ever is the cover at 900 and the game will not let me even get close.

Getting over 900 in PVP has A Lot to do with timing of your climb/s (last 3 hours are too intense, and less than 8 hours left can also be tough) but also roster strength. Be prepared to spend all 10 health packs if you don't have multiple top 4*s champed. There won't be much defensive wins, until you got multiple high level 5*s I guess, but the attacks/defensive losses will be a bit less intense with multiple 4*s champed. For me, 900 points didn't happen until I had more than four/five strong 4*s championed. Now I have over triple amount of 4*s championed and still a bit of struggle from time to time to cross 900 points. MMR experience varies from player to player, sometimes I've felt like I'm at the top, then suddenly it feels like I'm at the bottom again (and everybody in the whole slice/bracket beats my teams). Where are you at (rosterwise)? Only championed 3*s? It's doable with 3*s also but depends even more on luck/timing.

EDIT: It has also helped me to try and stay at about rank 40 (floating around that rank) throughout most of the event until I decide to do the final climb.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I've been successful in getting to 900 each PVP this season (when trying) until today. Made 5 attempts to get 900 in First Avenger, kept getting knocked back during the match. The last time I was at 896 entering, got 60 points... and came out at 874 icon_e_sad.gif Probably did my last climb too late.

Had finally fully covered Jean and was hoping to get her cover to get ready to champ her. No such luck this time.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    PVP is only getting worse today. tried to climb in the SIM at about 1100, every other match constant cascades for the AI, I always lose a character by about turn 6, what a joke of a system.