Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today's Big Enchilada setup was a perfect counter to my usual Patch - Bullseye - Panther team, reliant as it is on generating tons of strike.png and just matching everyone to death.

Daredevil with not one but two purple feeders. Every time I got some tiles out, the bugger just Radar Sensed them away, at one point sitting on a full tank of 30 purple AP. I didn't dare fire Berzerker Rage into that. Then Bullseye ate a Unibeam teamup and just about keeled over from that.

So I had to bail and use my old reliable Steve - KK - Cyclops team. Cleared it without incident, just slower.

I hate wasting time / packs on DDQ.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Friday night, end of the week, yay! Time to celebrate and open those two Heroic 10-packs I'd been saving...
    19 silver
    1 3-star

*goes off to pour another drink to avoid turning iPad into several pieces*
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Needed a blue Stephen, so tried joining the Scarlet Witch pvp with one hour left, hoping I would end up in a new group. There were already 500 people there and I only managed top 200. Now I don't have all three colors for Strange for his event.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    The enemy cascade to end all enemy cascades. In one turn, their AP went from:

7/7/0/0/5/0/4

to

18/24/12/12/11/2/15

for a net gain of SEVENTY-ONE AP. In one turn.

Jean Grey's passive ability would have gone off so many times, I would have lost count. After the fourth or fifth match 5, I took a screen shot of the before...followed by a screenshot of the after.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    I just champed Invisible Woman. On purpose.
    I feel shame.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Missed 5th place in Meet Rocket & Groot by 52 points. icon_cry.gif
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    after turfing 3 unusable red hulk covers (and about 8 other unusable 4* covers) to get the iso to champ x23 i proceeded to pull an unusable red hulk cover with the legendary i got.

awesome...
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Forgot to play a few games to get max progression reward in R&G event
  • mckauhu wrote:
    Forgot to play a few games to get max progression reward in R&G event
    Similar: got a busy day at work, so i only cleared 4 times maybe 3/4 nodes in total, leaving the remaining ones for the evening (last 2 hours). Could not play the last two hours, so long 15 CPs.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Yesterday

Reached progression in rocket and groot ---> 19 cp total.
    I got 1 cp from an alliance mate ----> 20 cp ----> 1 LT
    Token from rocket and groot event ----> 1 LT

Today

Beat invisible women crash ----> 1 LT
    Championned sheHulk (only 2 3stars left) ----> 1 LT
    Champion level on Loki
    > 4 star cover

Results

Professor X blue
    Deadpool purple
    Kate Bishop black
    Antman blue
    Venom green

ALL OF WICH ALREADY HAVE 5 COVERS IN THOSE COLORS.........
    I'ts not as if I had plenty of covers t'at I can use....
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Similar to the above, I opened up my hoard of Elites and Heorics (not too many, about 40 total) ended up with pretty good results even though I didn't get any Strange. Probably added about 20 champ levels to 2* and 3* covers and lucked out with 5 4*. I'm transitioning from 3* to 4* and there are only 5 4* covers I have maxed and can't use, PX blue, X23 Green, Venom Yellow, Iceman Purple and Peggy Blue. The 5 different 4*'s I pulled were Peggy Yellow (THRILLED with that), Venom Yellow, Iceman Purple, X23 Green and PX Blue... what are the odds?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basically every time I pull a 4* cover from a Legendary Token in a power I'm already at rank 5 of.

Because there just aren't that many of those. And yet probably 40-50% of my Legendary pulls land on those powers, which represent like 9 powers out of a possible 120 I could pull.

Like today's icon_thing.pngredflag.png , which is the third one I've pulled in the last week or two, and the second one now rotting in the queue. I need a green or a yellow before I can champion him, but...ha. ha. ha.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fourth time through the "Family Reunion VII" event, facing down a Thug, Commander and Muscle, all around LVL 300 or so. My team is my Champed Elektra, Scarlet Witch, and Buffed Beast.

I get Shadow Step out, so I have five trap tiles to protect Elektra the turn before Muscle and Commander Strikes both go off. Both of the countdown tiles go off, one of which causes a match. A trap tile goes away, which causes another match. This repeats itself each time a trap disappears, so Elektra starts taking damage. Bang. Bang. Match 5. Bang. Bang. Elektra goes from 5 traps and 14K health to dead in one turn. icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my Thing to 3/1/5 with the green cover prog reward in MR&G.

My vault had another green, which I of course pulled with one of the four tokens I got from the event.

*sigh*
  • DFiPL
    Kinda super love getting Muscle-cascaded to death on the third clear of the 4* essential.

"oh hai 10k HP so you're not getting me off the board before Threaten-Tommy Gun go off and kill off Kate Bishop and Ghost Rider in one shot. Then we'll just stun your 3rd right away and match damage him to death. Oh, you've wiped three times on the third clear? Shucks."
  • DFiPL
    Four times! "What, you're bringing a stunner? Nah, that's cool. We'll just let the Muscle spam the board with threatens before you can get anything off."
  • DFiPL
    Five times!

"Oh, you got the muscle down to 200 health? That's so CUTE. ROCKS FALL, EVERYBODY DIES."
  • DFiPL
    7th attempt finally got the third clear. Now I get to do it all over for the command point and I'm out of health packs. whee.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Basically every time I pull a 4* cover from a Legendary Token in a power I'm already at rank 5 of.

Because there just aren't that many of those. And yet probably 40-50% of my Legendary pulls land on those powers, which represent like 9 powers out of a possible 120 I could pull.

Like today's icon_thing.pngredflag.png , which is the third one I've pulled in the last week or two, and the second one now rotting in the queue. I need a green or a yellow before I can champion him, but...ha. ha. ha.

Yep, going through the same thing, which ironically, I pulled 4 thing covers in a row all in red and green, which I have maxed.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Yep, going through the same thing, which ironically, I pulled 4 thing covers in a row all in red and green, which I have maxed.

A lot of Thing woes ITT.
    i_hug_that_feel.png