Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    My worst moment just happened when I got my 3rd green icon_invisiblewoman.png in a row from a LT.

14947773_10154919368191756_4803153309182904590_n.jpg?oh=af1a9d5be52aa5c05a2d67198bb10ec7&oe=5888849B

She already has 13 covers and I don't want to spend the ISO to champ her. So that's 60 CP down the drain...
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    lost to the silly boss in the Dr Strange event.....of course beat him on next try (2/1 so far)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    At start of EOTS event I see the vault contains a 4Cyc, Rulk, Daisy cover, all of which I need big time.

I had 22 tokens saved from a prior run of the event. I open them all at the event start. Nothing. Each day I open all the tokens and the last 4 days I bought a single Daily Deal token with the 100 HP I got from a T50 finish. Nothing. Finally I got 1 last token from the Dev's for finishing with 110K score. My last shot and nothing.

A total of 46 tokens opened and no 4* and no LT. I ran a quick program that calculated the chance (76/80*75/79..30/34) to be 2.9% icon_evil.gif

Let me once again call for streak breakers/averaging of tokens in these vaults. The 80 tokens break down to: 4 4*, 22 3* and 54 2*. Just adjust slightly to either 24 or 20 3* and then set up streaks based on groups of 20 tokens so that every for every 20 tokens opened in a vault you'd get 1 4*, 5 (or 6) 3* and the rest 2*.

KGB

P.S. Worst part of all that of the 46 tokens something like 36 or so are going to ISO because I don't have the character champed or they are already maxed out.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the greenflag.png I needed to covermax my Ghost Rider.

Wait, on my mobile account. I got the greenflag.png on my mobile account. My Ghost Rider can't actually use that cover.

Dangit.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    3 Strange vault tokens - orb wand and book....

The 500 ISO triplets!!
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Just today, from random daily tokens I managed to pull both my 6th and 7th blue cover for Peggy Carter.

She's 4/1/5 right now, so there's basically zero chance of me getting to use these ::sigh::
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    PeeOne wrote:
    3 Strange vault tokens - orb wand and book....

The 500 ISO triplets!!
    As I posted in the other thread:
    Good - Getting a Sanctum Sanctorm token from the Orb Vault.
    Really, really bad - Getting Nick Fury Demolition for the 13th time. He's still a 2/5/3...and could be champed with only BLUE covers.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Getting all Dr Strange vault tokens (I had enough gold to get all 30 items in the 3 vaults) and I managed not to get a single 5* pull.

I pulled 3 x 4* covers (admittedly for characters that needed them) but I really wonder about the cost vs the % chance of drawing a legendary 5* with a token or 25 CPs. I just don't see it as worth while and it's only going to get worse the more 5* are added. icon_rolleyes.gif

At least I've got each of the 3* covers for starters....
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Trying to finish up the dr. strange event. God this boss battle is so stupid. I've gone through 18 health packs trying to beat it. It's just not worth it. Every time every stike tiles goes to where I can't match any of them. If a match ever comes available it's on his turn and he takes it every time. Either they collect to the point where he starts taking out my characters in 1-2 hit or he cascases until he fills up on blacks and one shots everyone. When I beat it the last couple of days it felt like pure luck and tonight the luck apparently isn't with me. I hope we never get a garbage boss like this every again
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Stayed up to almost midnight (I wake up 4:30 AM during the week) trying to squeeze the last points from the Strange PVE, but someone always took 20th place from me by little points. I gave up, as my top 20 characters were dead or almost, I had no more health packs, and the nodes were already to their top scale and worth only 90-150 points each.
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Pulled two TeenJean tokens in a row with Strange tokens!
    One green, one purple.
    It makes my TeenJean now 11/0/6
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled a blue Fury from a Strange token. He's 3/5/3 and I'm not wasting 240 CP to whale him out.

One of just 4 covers in the entire 4* space I can't frigging use.

Thanks a lot, RNG, you fickle mistress, you.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Check Internet Connection"
    still finished the Deadpool Daily this morning and my 4 per for Deadpool vs Heroes
    which frees me up for some score padding tomorrow
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Got the greenflag.png I needed to covermax my Ghost Rider.

Wait, on my mobile account. I got the greenflag.png on my mobile account. My Ghost Rider can't actually use that cover.

Dangit.

I have 35 4* characters on my roster. That's 105 potential covers.

11 of those are rank 5.

Two of those 11 belong to Star-Lord, who is championed, and a third to Nick Fury, who is 13 covers and CAN be championed.

8 covers out of 105 potential, to say nothing of the four 4* characters I don't have at all, and could roster.

So what did I pull on my Steam roster today?

icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.png , of course - one of those 8/117 covers I CAN'T USE - when the greenflag.png I needed went to my mobile roster the other day.

Feeling super great about using those boosts to win the Crash with Cyclops.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    With Dr. Strange added to the latest legends, I decided I would pop my stash of 35 leg tokens for another shot at his yellow cover, since burning my stash of CP on sanctorum tokens only returned blue and purple covers. It would be a really great help in PVE nodes.

Now, the *good* news is that I actually pulled 10(!) 5* from that stash, which is double what you'd expect if you look at it stats wise.. There were also 3 Dr. Strange covers in there! But what makes it taste bitter is that I only got more blue and purple, making my Dr Strange 3/4/0 icon_e_sad.gif.
  • sambrookjm
    DeNappa wrote:
    With Dr. Strange added to the latest legends, I decided I would pop my stash of 35 leg tokens for another shot at his yellow cover, since burning my stash of CP on sanctorum tokens only returned blue and purple covers. It would be a really great help in PVE nodes.

Now, the *good* news is that I actually pulled 10(!) 5* from that stash, which is double what you'd expect if you look at it stats wise.. There were also 3 Dr. Strange covers in there! But what makes it taste bitter is that I only got more blue and purple, making my Dr Strange 3/4/0 icon_e_sad.gif.

Did the same thing with my 40 Legendary tokens. I got my Dr Strange up to 1/1/1; I was also *really* looking for his yellow ability. The real killer was getting four Thing covers...all of which were green! My 5/2/5 Thing does not approve of this development.

There's still a slight chance for redemption, though...I've got the yellow cover I need in the Deadpool Daily vault this week. With 10 covers spared and 10 from this week, that's a 1-in-15 chance they all don't go to waste. Is it possible to earn 80 command points in two weeks?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dat X-23 node in Deadpool vs Villains...
  • Fought one of those maggia guys that was left on his own (the one with the backroom deals and all). Always thought he was useless because his moves did nothing but generate AP so I just let him be until the very end. My almost 5k health Storm 3* learned the wrath of his Trap countdown tile at full health. One-shot. Yikes.
  • sambrookjm
    Fought one of those maggia guys that was left on his own (the one with the backroom deals and all). Always thought he was useless because his moves did nothing but generate AP so I just let him be until the very end. My almost 5k health Storm 3* learned the wrath of his Trap countdown tile at full health. One-shot. Yikes.

Trap countdown automatically kills your character in front if there are more than five Countdown tiles on his side. You could have a fully champed five star, and it would take them down that Trap tile would take him down with enough Maggia countdowns on the board. icon_e_sad.gif
  • sambrookjm wrote:
    Fought one of those maggia guys that was left on his own (the one with the backroom deals and all). Always thought he was useless because his moves did nothing but generate AP so I just let him be until the very end. My almost 5k health Storm 3* learned the wrath of his Trap countdown tile at full health. One-shot. Yikes.

Trap countdown automatically kills your character in front if there are more than five Countdown tiles on his side. You could have a fully champed five star, and it would take them down that Trap tile would take him down with enough Maggia countdowns on the board. icon_e_sad.gif
    Yeah I found it ridiculous so obviously I checked his abilities to find out what happened. It's ridiculous to see that it says it would do about 200 per countdown tile and then read that it can one-shot. I learned it the hard way. Half a year of playing daily and it never triggered until now.