Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the most part, I've been really enjoying the new PvP scoring system. I hit full progression in the admittedly truncated Simulator, and it really wasn't even that hard.

Fist Bump was a different story. I was reminded today why it's pretty much a waste to buy shields. I had gotten to about the 750 mark and wanted to get to at least 800. That was putting me somewhere in the mid-40s for rank. After winning and the AI losing some matches for me, I was only being offered about 5 different matches, no matter how much I skipped, and none of them were favorable. I decided to shield at 749 points and just inside T50 with just over 3 hours to go. I tried to queue up some matches I thought I could win relatively quickly to get me to the 800 mark. I was shooting for at least 800 and T50, as I really needed the Luke Cage covers.

When it got to the 15 minute mark, I broke my shield and played the first fight that was advertised for about 40 points. I won it, but only got 20-some points. OK, whatever. Next match. Win, but came out to see the AI had also lost one fore me. Played another match. Won it and got to 791. One more match with about 5 minutes left. Win it, but come out and see that I was just over 700 points. I ended up with 740 points and 65th place, and essentially a net HP loss of 50 points, two Ares covers I don't need at this point and three Elite tokens. At least two of those tokens were useful. Would have rather had the Cage covers though.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Somehow, I ended up getting a single token instead of a 10 pack?! Maybe the Season picked up the clearance level 4 from the first PVP, not sure. It was an annoying surprise. I don't remember picking one for the Season. I'm level 5 on "Sticks and Stones" and "Simulator".

I was very happy to get that low-hanging fruit of the Spider-Woman cover from Simulator, at least.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somehow, I ended up getting a single token instead of a 10 pack?! Maybe the Season picked up the clearance level 4 from the first PVP, not sure. It was an annoying surprise. I don't remember picking one for the Season. I'm level 5 on "Sticks and Stones" and "Simulator".

I was very happy to get that low-hanging fruit of the Spider-Woman cover from Simulator, at least.
    Unfortunately I don't think how your season clearance level was selected was ever spelled out, I guess a few people will have been caught out there. And shame they've dropped out the 10 pack for lower levels - it was a real motivation to try for me in the 2-3* transition
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Enemy team making a miraculous cascade with 2x critical combos etc that took from my IronFist about 7k energy (there was enemy strike tiles but still unbelievable)
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Pulling my 10-Pack of heroic tokens, and getting three 3*s this time-

-Except they're all ones I don't have rostered yet. And none of them were Raganok, who _was_ the next one I wanted to get started (because he'd feed me X-23 covers eventually), and who I missed out on by being out of town and away from the internet during the one week when there was a chance to net something like 4 covers for him.

*Grouching*
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The lady just got her first Juggernaut Heroic token and pulled a Legendary token from the vault with it.

The reason this qualifies as a "worst" moment isn't because she pulled it - that's pretty damn awesome! It's because I wanna see what she got, but her roster is primarily 1* and 2* at the moment, and we agreed that she would be better off holding onto that token until she has more roster slots and has made more progress into at least 3* world.

But I wanna seeeeee
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    So in the entire 4* cover space, there are exactly two covers for which I have no use. Nick Fury blue, and Star-Lord purple, and I just got SL's fifth purple yesterday (wait, yesterday or today? From R&G's day, because that pushed him/them to 183). Those powers are at 5, their others aren't maxed (or even close), so those two and only those two covers are complete junk. Well, 1000 ISO junk. Any other 4* cover is useful.

So I pull up the preview of the rewards for Venom:Heroic, and check CL7. What do I see?

Star-Lord. Purple.

You gotta be kidding me icon_e_sad.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good part was I beat 270 Moonstone.

Bad part was it took me 8 tries and had to progressively level my Jean Grey from 120 - 180. She is only 4/1/5... so her blue stun with 1 cover is pretty useless since it only stops Moonstone from making the move after the match 5 and does piddle for damage. It's alright, in all 8 fights, Moonstone only made 1 match 5 and that's because I left it for her to see how the stun would work out for me.

Pulled LT, and pulled greenflag.pngicon_iceman.png ... which is the part that sucked the most. I now have 3 greenflag.pngicon_iceman.png covers in my queue because he's sitting in my roster at 5/5/1.

I really wish there was a mechanism in place to remedy this type of situation.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Jean Grey's DDQ crash is making me want to smash my phone. I think I'm around 0 for 10 so far. Spent around 65,000 ISO to bring my 1/5/3 Jean up to level 171. Used all my boosts and now spending hundreds of HP and ISO on more. Had Moonstone down to 136 health on one attempt. Worst random number mental abuse I've come across in a while. What a terrible mismatch compared to almost every other DDQ. I know there are a few other bad matches but I don't have good covers on Mr F or Flaptain so this is my worst MPQ experience that I can remember for a while. 4700 hero points left to see if I can beat this stupid match.

Update: 2 more matches to beat her. Hopefully I'll be fully covered and champed next time this rolls around.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was doing the last Lightning round of the day last night and was all out of Health packs, but I was beating up seed teams like no one's business...
    ...that is, until I accidentally started a fight against a guy with OML and Silver Surfer while I only had threestars on my team. Got beaten badly, so the last two seed teams remained unbeaten.
  • mckauhu
    I hate this heroic event. Haven't done even 2 clears yet in each node and all of my characters need health packs already..

edit: MUSCLES MUSCLES MUSCLES! Muscles and Hood! icon_evil.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mckauhu wrote:
    I hate this heroic event. Haven't done even 2 clears yet in each node and all of my characters need health packs already..

I hear you don't have Quake. She's awesome in this PvE - completely neutralizes Silent Strike and Supernova, and even the Tommy Gun is trivial as long as there aren't too many Threaten strike tiles on the board.
  • mckauhu
    Quebbster wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:

I hear you don't have Quake. She's awesome in this PvE - completely neutralizes Silent Strike and Supernova, and even the Tommy Gun is trivial as long as there aren't too many Threaten strike tiles on the board.

....Oh darn I forgot Quake. Yes I have her in my roster, low leveled though but might still come handy. Thanks for reminder!

edit: Though Muscle didn't fire yet his strike tiles at all
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    No shield clearance in Sim. Come on, those extra 3*'s and a 4* are (were) finally a little movement towards transition, and they keep getting yanked back away....
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Five anniversary vault pulls, five two stars. Wheee!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    This anniversary (pve) has been a frustration from day one. I have rarely seen so many enemy cascades and stale boards, where I usually get killed after a couple of moves. Even the simple nodes leave my characters bleeding. I was also unlucky with featured characters, they are ones I don't really like so I had to recruit e.g. Bullseye and Mystique (like her better now though), meaning they are a bit weak. When the AI decides to play funny on you it's better to shut down, cool off and do something else for a while. Lady luck will be back another day! icon_lol.gif
  • mckauhu
    Tablet battery needed reloading and I missed my 4 clears / sub in the first sub of PvE
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    My go-to team (IM40/Cmags/GSBW) had taken some damage from an earlier match, but I figured they were still healthy enough to handle a low-ranking team (2 2* champs & Gobby) I found in SHIELD Sim. In one match, they hit me with 5 separate multi-part cascades and at least (I stopped counting) 14 critical tiles. It was outlandish ****.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    The scaling in the Best Friends PVP is way off. I'm facing duos that are far more powerful than mine. The good news is that I can generally out-play the computer and still win when I'm in control. The bad news is the computer also does a lousy job of playing my duo defensively so I'm losing when it's in control.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    BFF PVP, need I say more? Nothing like losing in 3 turns. AI of course has to make 8972345807213456987123498759023487 matches every turn, stun my for 5 turns and then I have to sit there and watch while I get killed off. So much fun...

I don't mind losing, but it would be nice if I was at least allowed to actually play the game