Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had extra covers two weeks ago and used them to champ Nova! (wait, that's not worst)
    I beat Falcon first try with champed Nova! (Wait, that's not worst)
    I didn't open token, hoarding! (Wait, that's not worst)
    The only reason I champed Nova is I didn't want to throw away yet another cover. I don't have a good OML to go with him (that's always basically worst) and I've thrown away SO MANY Nova covers (also very bad).

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I USED MY NEWLY CHAMPED 4* IN TWO WEEKS. I don't know when I'll use him again, since he is a very mid-range 4*.

To many 4*'s, many which matter very little, and so little ISO to champ them! That realization, once again, made my worst today.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I had extra covers two weeks ago and used them to champ Nova! (wait, that's not worst)
    I beat Falcon first try with champed Nova! (Wait, that's not worst)
    I didn't open token, hoarding! (Wait, that's not worst)
    The only reason I champed Nova is I didn't want to throw away yet another cover. I don't have a good OML to go with him (that's always basically worst) and I've thrown away SO MANY Nova covers (also very bad).

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I USED MY NEWLY CHAMPED 4* IN TWO WEEKS. I don't know when I'll use him again, since he is a very mid-range 4*.

To many 4*'s, many which matter very little, and so little ISO to champ them! That realization, once again, made my worst today.
    Nova is awesome. Playing him, Iceman and Star-Lord is awesome - get Everyone with me going and you can start neutralizing opponents for only 4 AP!
    But yes, after a while there's Little reason to use anyone outside of their boost weeks...
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Opening another LT, to receive yet another character that's not Teen Jean. I've lost track of how many tokens I've opened since I last drew Jean after I screwed up my spreadsheet a while back, but it's got to be at least half a year since I last drew her, or based on 10 pack draws as the last time, since season 26.

137 total LTs opened, a grand total of 1 Teen Jean drawn. To put things in perspective, in this period I've drawn 8 XDPs, 8 Hulkbusters (not that I'm complaining for this), 8 Carnages, 7 Venoms, 7 Elektras, 6 Flaptains, and 6 XFWs. And it's not just Jean who's suffering, I've just drawn 4 Icemans, 3 Cyclops, and 2 RHulks from all these LTs. How is it that all the top tier characters (save HB and XDP) are the ones who are disappearing from my LTs?
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I pulled an LT from today's DDQ vault token. icon_eek.gif

I pulled icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png from the LT. icon_cry.gif
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    beat crash of the titans with my nova lvl 100 2/0/3. this would have been posted in the best moment of the day but my legendary token yielded a star-lord red. mine is already at 2/5/5. my high crashed with the quickness...gotta love that rngesus.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the Thor vs. event, using Thor, Panther, and Bullseye, I lost to an unboosted 2* team with OBW, and Hawkeye.

I'd gotten OBW down to a couple hundred health, then she healed herself. A couple of unlucky drops to provide 5-matches later and Hawkeye poked my team full of holes.

Luckily I'd only just started the event, so I only lost 2 points, but still. 3 x lv 270 or so losing to Lv 144's was a real kick in the unmentionables.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Horsemen of the Tinykittypocalypse are riding high today.

Four wipes so far in the first sub of DvMPQ, including one in the friggin' 2* essential.

I haven't wiped in the 2* essential since its inception!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Watching the AI gather 70 - yes, seventy - AP on its first turn in Thor PVP.

Luckily for me it was a seed team but that was un-tinykitty-believable. I should've taken a screen shot.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Simulation 42 kicked my behind yesterday. I tried my four best teams and only one of them brought me even within sight of victory. I've failed once so far this morning, too.

Edit: My favorite team (Hulk, Storm, and Kamala Khan) did the trick this morning with boosted damage and a couple of team-ups.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Letting Kamala live and having her heal over 4k damage in and dealing 3k. It's my own fault for going after Starlord first.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tee wrote:
    Letting Kamala live and having her heal over 4k damage in and dealing 3k. It's my own fault for going after Starlord first.

That's such a rough node, though. If you go after KK first, Vision will spam blue and yellow and she'll just heal ad infinitum.

If you go after Vision first, that leaves her alive to collect green/heal and lets Star-Lord drop his "hey let's make abilities CHEAPER" tile, which lets Vision spam blue/yellow while you're trying to nuke him down. Plus he'll also punch you in the face.

If you go after Star-Lord first, you gotta take him out quick, because KK and Vision are having shenanigans in the background.

It's like global thermonuclear war, almost. The only winning move is not to play. icon_lol.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    It's like global thermonuclear war, almost. The only winning move is not to play. icon_lol.gif

Deadpool.

With whales.

From orbit.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Burning out 8 health packs in pvp to move from 300 to 420 points, wiping thrice in the process. I ain't even going for tough matches, I was using a fistbuster mostly against 3*s and relatively low leveled OMLs, I've killed these level 330 OMLs before without too much of a problem, but it never seemed to get going for me this time. RNG just simply seemed to favour the AI irregardless of who made the move. I make a move, a match 4 or 5 drops for the AI. He makes a move, a wonder cascade drops giving him 20-30 ap. I can't even hit my low low target of just getting the 2 event tokens and calling it a day thanks to RNG.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    I just got a little fed up and decided to open one old legendary with 20CP. Not a joke: Got a purpletile.pngicon_greengoblin.png and not enough HP to put it in my roster. Have to make baby cap wait for its spot for a while... I'm confident though that I can gather enough HP by the time cover is about to expire.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Knowing I scored the same amount in Season 30 as in Season 31 and placing at rank 289 in Season 31, when I ranked Top 25 in Season 30 icon_e_sad.gif

Arbitrary brackets are the worst.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/1/4 level 172 took seven tries to down Miles in DDQ.

Wish you could choose cover color! Will be pretty darn hard next time too, since I'll almost certainly get a bunch more worthless covers before I get the only ones you need (red) to beat this matchup.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Caltrops. Was the AoE damage really necessary? icon_e_sad.gif
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Missed Deadpool vs MPQ max progression by average of 150 points. Yes, 150 points. Just one match more in first sub would have done it icon_evil.gif I had 70 points coming from the first essential but didn't bother to play it since it wouldn't been enough anyway...
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Needing a Moonstone all Deadpool PVE and not getting a single one, then opening the freebie tokens and getting a moonstone after the PVE had finished
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Mattjimf wrote:
    Needing a Moonstone all Deadpool PVE and not getting a single one, then opening the freebie tokens and getting a moonstone after the PVE had finished
    Trading would be rather handy, as the game has decided it's going to be all Moonstones, all the time for me.