Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• CubRob
    CubRob Posts: 74 Match Maker
    So I had a little ISO stockpiled and I get a Vision cover. I had all but 7 of the 3 stars champed, so I figure I will go ahead and champ him for the Legendary Token.

icon_e_sad.gificon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.pngicon_e_sad.gif
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Pulled blackflag.pngicon_hulkcho.png From Venom heroic and already got one in queue... I think going to just sell them both
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    It's been 4 whole days since I got that 7th Nova cover I can't use and since then I pulled yellow covers 5 and 6 for X Force Wolverine putting him at 2/4/5 (not useable) and wasting another 20 CP. It's like this game is purposely trying to make me feel bad and stop playing. I can't wait till Simulator is over and I can go back to not trying. If only I didn't want the Howard covers.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Yesterday marked day 744 and a Deadforce cover... in purple (mine is 2/2/5).
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    This thread is going to turn into the only place I post at the rate things are going. Beat the X23 crash of the titans today and pull my 6th Red cover for my 4/5/2 X23. 3 unusable duplicates in 5 days, it must be because my roster is great I just haven't championed them yet right?

I have all of the 4* characters rostered minus Devil Dino. Excluding Howard that's 105 different 4* covers I can pull. 9 of those covers are at level 5 on a non championed 4* leaving me 96 "usable covers" or a 91.4% chance of pulling a cover I can use when I open it. In the past month my draw rate for covers I cannot use has been 25%.

To make it even better since the draw rate for 5* characters has been bumped from 10% to 15% I have opened 63 tokens and pulled five 5* characters or 7.9%. I am beating the odds in the wrong direction in every way possible.

TLDR: Random numbers stink. I hope Shield Rank fixes something.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    *Checks end times*

Does Season end the same time as PVE that has rare/new character in it?

Why yes, yes it does! Imagine that coincidence?

(Where is that Eye-Roll emoji? Oh, hello there)
    icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a Simulator token, open it -- hey, 4*! I hope it's a Rulk to improve my 1/0/5! And it is! Please a green please a green, red wouldn't be too bad either UGHGHGHGHGHGHGH PURPLE OF COURSE.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    HaywireII wrote:
    This thread is going to turn into the only place I post at the rate things are going. Beat the X23 crash of the titans today and pull my 6th Red cover for my 4/5/2 X23. 3 unusable duplicates in 5 days, it must be because my roster is great I just haven't championed them yet right?

I have all of the 4* characters rostered minus Devil Dino. Excluding Howard that's 105 different 4* covers I can pull. 9 of those covers are at level 5 on a non championed 4* leaving me 96 "usable covers" or a 91.4% chance of pulling a cover I can use when I open it. In the past month my draw rate for covers I cannot use has been 25%.

To make it even better since the draw rate for 5* characters has been bumped from 10% to 15% I have opened 63 tokens and pulled five 5* characters or 7.9%. I am beating the odds in the wrong direction in every way possible.

TLDR: Random numbers stink. I hope Shield Rank fixes something.

Welcome to the club of less than 10% 5* pull rate. I myself am at 7%. It's also comformting to know that I'm not the only one in the club. Also, I don't have a lot of max cover in 4*land but in the last week there has been at least 3 unusable cover from LT for me as well...

You're not alone... you're not alone... Let our rosters not grow at the same rate as anyone else.... let's join together in mediocrity icon_lol.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I wanted to win just one more battle in PVP Simulator--and fell asleep right before defeating the third enemy. No points for me. icon_razz.gif
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Decided to get a LT with my 20 CP...

Sweet and iceman, my 5/1/2 can really use this..... If it's not green....

Tinny kitty green.

My 9th or 10th one.
  • d3guser
    d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    This is not in a single day but entire week..
    Hoarded DDQ tokens and heroic and opened around 20 of them together...

No 3 star characters.
    2 - 500 Iso
    1 health pack.

So stopped after a very uncomfortable day and now started hoarding again...

Is there a reason where Devs make things hard for some players???

Is spending money on 10 packs and 40 packs , the only way to progress????
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, this is a 'first world problem' kind of complaint, but my worst moment?

I actually pulled Howard from the Webbed Wonder vault, on the first token.

Now it's his purple, giving him a remote chance of winning his Clash, whenever that happens again, but I almost resent the pull. I'll play through the story now, I guess, to get that second cover, but he'll be a long, long time stuck at those two covers (I sold the one cover I had the first time around). Even longer than most 4* characters get stuck in unusable states for me (teen Jean for instance has been stuck at 1 cover for .. months, easily).

Ah well.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Trying for a 5th clear of the Yelena, Sentry, Bullseye node of Webbed Wonder. Using 5* Jean, Prof X, and Wasp. This is my only team that's got a chance at a node that while technically is just a few levels above my team's average level, far outclasses me in covers. It's going to be painful, but this is my life now. I can do this!

First time, I'm so close to victory and see a perfect line-up giving me a 5 match which will down Sentry and hand me the game. Wasp blows up a tile causing me to lose the 5 match and my protect tiles, which in turn lets the team get killed by World Rupture.

2nd attempt, Wasp ruins me matching two of Sentry's sacrifice tiles which I had brilliantly set up just in time. World Rupture goes off blowing past my protect tiles and everyone is dead. OK, Janet, I love you and can't do this without you, but you're making my life miserable right now.

3rd attempt is not ruined by Wasp. A combination of an early cascade and Sentry going nuts on all the AP is game over.

I hate this node so much.
  • mckauhu
    Missed 25cp reward from Webbed wonder. Just barely by 4k points...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every loaner node in Venom Bomb.

They remind me that it takes forever to cover any 4*'s - I didn't really know what Drax did. They remind me that it takes even longer to level any 4*'s because of the ISO shortage - I'll never be using a high level Drax except these loaner nodes.

I shot off his purple the other day and thought "What the heck is going on here. Wait...did that weak ability END THE TURN?!?"

Why do any abilities end the turn anymore? (Outside of OML ridiculousness, which should end every successive turn.)

My next thought was "I'll never make -THAT- mistake again." But you gave us the fantastic team of She-Hulk (so the blue isn't worth much) and Wolverine - you'll already be using red for Drax so you don't need the other two red options, and the two greens don't do much here either.

What a terrible set of characters to put together - all I'm doing is racing to Red/Black to use them for Drax, ignoring all other colors/characters...and if I accidentally get enough purple, I make sure to never use it!
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    A greenflag.pngicon_wolverine.png from today's VIP Legendary token. It'd be great if I didn't already have five of that color and only five total of the other two. Hello, ISO. icon_e_smile.gif
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Two Lt´s from championing 3*Deadpool and Loki. First draw: Mr. Fantastic, second draw: Carnage...
  • mckauhu
    Lost fourth battle of Drax essential (so tinykitty hard node!!!)
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Welcome to the club of less than 10% 5* pull rate. I myself am at 7%. It's also comformting to know that I'm not the only one in the club. Also, I don't have a lot of max cover in 4*land but in the last week there has been at least 3 unusable cover from LT for me as well...

You're not alone... you're not alone... Let our rosters not grow at the same rate as anyone else.... let's join together in mediocrity icon_lol.gif

Every time I hit progression, I use the 25 CP to buy a Latest. Every other time the CP accumulate to 20, I buy a classic. I'd gotten exactly one 5* cover in the past six months from classic (doing much better in Latest): icon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png

This morning, got another Epic: icon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png

: facepalm:
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd gotten exactly one 5* cover in the past six months from classic (doing much better in Latest)

I've had similar 5* luck with classics. Ever since they split the tokens, my latest tokens are right around the 85% they're supposed to be at (before the split, I never pulled a 5*). For classics, I've only had two ever. I still need a lot more 4*'s so classics are better for me in that regard, but it's odd how different the RNG has treated me on both of those...