Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Using modern (or maybe mohawk, can't remember) Storm on a lower level Venom Bomb node, not paying attention to the other side's team-up. It was Manipulation, used right after I used Hailstorm. Poor, poor Storm got nuked. Not catastrophic or anything, just a good lesson to be mindful of such things next time.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png pull from a Venom Bomb token!!! That never happens! Did I actually get Spider Woman before I finished the event???

icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png ... oh. That's why that never happens.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slogging through the tinykitty that is Carnage firing "Alien Instincts" three or four times a turn to reach max progression in Venom Bomb.

Bought a classic token with the CP.

Within: Carnage. Specifically, "Alien Instincts."

Damnitsomuch, MPQ.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Defeating the low level Beast with Cho took me 4 tries. My Cho was level 160, and almost fully covered.

The token got me an Xforce, which thanks to a major ISO influx (so great!), I champed and added as a champ level. That token got me yet another useless Starlord. I could easily have a second copy mostly covered by now, but have had almost no covers for Kate, or Punisher or even Gwen.

Even worse was the start of the day where I missed T100 on the last PVE by a narrow margin because of insanely high grinding by my competition.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Win the cho crash of the titans. Open lt, get green cho :[

Get 1300 in magnetic mayhem, open classic LT.......and green cho again.

I swear to god d3, your algorithm is utter tinykitty
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Worst moment of the day? Running out of iso8.png again. icon_e_wink.gif
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Decided to open a few ordinary LT's. Got one blacktile.png Kingpin which was good, but I was hoping new covers for existing characters - but didnt get them got another Miles Morales now 2 in waiting list... Expiring in 3 days and got Wasp, which I don't want... So much of LT pulling for now... I really shouldn't open them until have room for new characters. 650 HP is not enough to roster Miles yet need 950...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Trying to play this wonderful Heroic event.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrindGrindGrindGrindGrind Magnetic Mayhem just to eke out T100 for the HP and the much-needed yellow Captain Marvel cover. I lost 73 points with about 12 minutes left, so played a match to get to 95 with about 5 minutes left. I started a match that ended up taking about 6 minutes, so I didn't get any points from winning it and, of course, I was attacked while playing said match.

Ended up at 116. icon_evil.gif

Just another reason that PvP is pretty much a big fat waste of time and energy if you don't shield hop, and I need every last bit of HP for roster slots right now. I got an Ares cover I don't really need. I almost would rather have had the two standard tokens. About the only positive outcome is I did manage to get 50 HP through progression. Otherwise, pretty much a waste of several hours earlier today.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 893...standard token. Gives me a 1*, along with all but one LR drops (I'm at something around two 2*'s in last 150 PVP rounds).

Game should pretty much make 1*'s not a thing for you after day 375. One-year anniversary reward: you never see a 1* again!
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Being locked out of Civil War for HOURS at a time is frustrating. Glad there's DDQ and PVP.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buying the daily deal from the Team Cap vault and getting Professor X... purpleflag.png .

#8.

Meanwhile he has 3 blue and 0 yellow.

Woo. So excited.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finishing the Oscorp Heroic event 2K points shy of max progression target icon_rolleyes.gif

All those hours invested in grinding, for nothing icon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gificon_e_confused.gificon_neutral.gif
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Waking up to see a five star human is now in the MPQ universe, and realizing I am so upset about it, that I have to make up a post about it.
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50136
    WTH is wrong with me?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taking on KK, Daken, Hulk in SHIELD Sim, with my own KK, 4hor, IM40.

Horrendous board. Tons of black, green, purple. Nary a yellow match to be had, limited red. All the greens meant lots of Daken strike tiles going against me. Between Chemical Reaction & Thunderous Clap, my KK was down nearly 8K health before I could fire one lousy power. I finally lost her before my first Recharge could resolve, and even that I only got 1/3 tiles.

I salvaged the match, but that was unexpectedly ugly.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Man cascading into 12/14/11 (his colors) /5/1/2/7 after TURN ONE.

Glad that was first thing in the morning and he was still round 4 or 5, I saw three iron mans until I got to 21 pink to make Phoenix cascade into 30 red and kill them all at once - every time I would kill the first two he had the AP to make more the rest of the match. Thanks cascade!
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got round 7 Cap down to 1500HP, with enough AP left to finish him off when he stuns my last character and deals 4K damage, killing me instantly.

Oh well, time to take a break from this depressing Civil War grinding and have some DDQ fun, right?
    Nope, JG in 1st wave decimates my team and wave 2 brings a couple of sentries icon_evil.gif
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Missed the individual progression by 2700 points.

(EDIT: I´m so sorry for this. Thought the event was over, but its still going. So of course I made progression...)

Way too high progression, i have a screenshot of the last cw and individual was set by 790000. This time 50% higher.. why?!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting Starlord down to 319 HP in the four-star DPQ on the first try with my 4/1/1 level 135 Miles. Then... not managing to get him below 5,000 HP on any subsequent attempt. I am going to give it one more go with +2 blue/purple +2 All AP +100% damage boost when my health packs recharge a bit.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Civil War Punisher node vs. Colossus, BSS, Professor X. AI makes a move, cascades into a match 5, which cascades into another match 5. Much cursing ensues, it's bad luck, retreat and try again.

Board is terrible, no AP of any useful color, and I keep getting forced into the only available move on the board. AI moves, cascades into a match 5, which cascades into another match 5. Are you tinykitty effing tinykitty mothertinykitty tinykitting me.