Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Get the 981500 reward token in IM Civil War and it give me an Ares. Thanks.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Just pulled my 10th iceman green. He has been 5/1/3 for the past 4 months.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I worked on grinding so hard in Civil War for the Red Room token progression reward only to receive icon_mrfantastic.pngblueflag.png . Darn. On the bright side, I didn't have that one before and it brings Reed up to 1/2/1.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    rg72 wrote:
    Get the 981500 reward token in IM Civil War and it give me an Ares. Thanks.

Yeah, lots of 2 star.png in those vaults: I got 9 2 star.png out of 12 tokens. But also got an LT, which gave me War Machine, so I can now beat his node in Iso8 Brotherhood.
    Swings and roundabouts and all that.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skipped the OML/Jean node in the 2nd to last clear of the day - hit the other side - since scaling was crazy and my only 5* (Phoenix) was still considered for scaling, but locked out.

Missed progression by ~5000 points after final clears - that one node would have pushed me over the top. (Hit progression on 1st side for a Cho...)
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Opening my Red Room tokens to the tune of IW, MR F, Thing, and GR. Good thing I worked for those!
  • SnowcaTT
    Seeing 5* percent rate drop from 2.5% to 2.1%. Not like I ever expected to get any more of them max-covered anyway I guess.....
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Have you ever seen Ragnarok on someone's team and thought it would be an easy ride? I usually do, until his green was launched which destroyed a whole coloumn. Every single colour that replaced the destroyed coloumn was purple, seeing that happen was shocking enough but then I remembered that Scarlet Witch was in their team. All I can say is that mistakes were made and Ragnarok has earnt a little more respect from me.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Have you ever seen Ragnarok on someone's team and thought it would be an easy ride? I usually do, until his green was launched which destroyed a whole coloumn. Every single colour that replaced the destroyed coloumn was purple, seeing that happen was shocking enough but then I remembered that Scarlet Witch was in their team. All I can say is that mistakes were made and Ragnarok has earnt a little more respect from me.

Haha. Ouch. In my opinion Ragnarok is not that bad on defense - the problem is that on offense you can't really use his green power too often or you're going to need some extra health packs. Sentry has the same problem - he'd be passable if you could actually use his powers without hurting yourself in the process. Heck, Sentry's powers would look perfect on Penance if Penance was ever released on MPQ. And Carnage is an extreme example of this kind of char - pretty good on defense, where you don't have to use your health packs (whereas Ragnarok and Sentry are merely passable), but bad on offense.

TL;DR: Ragnarok (and Sentry, and Carnage) should be respected at least a little even though you can't use them effectively on offense icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started a fight against the second-to-last seed team in a Lightning round yesterday. Game crashed immediately when the match started. *sigh* That means a massive Point loss. Oh well... restarted app, confirmed I had indeed lost about 50 Points from that crash, started fight against last seed team... and the app crashes again. Gave up on that Lightning round (it was the waning minutes anyway) and restarted the entire phone.
  • JeffCascadian
    I received a Patch cover from a Standard token which sounds great. That was level 183 for Patch which means it gave me an X-Force Wolvie cover which also sounds great. The problem is that I already have five covers in the color and only have ten total. Darn.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I received a Patch cover from a Standard token which sounds great. That was level 183 for Patch which means it gave me an X-Force Wolvie cover which also sounds great. The problem is that I already have five covers in the color and only have ten total. Darn.
    That's when you keep the Patch cover (and any future ones) in your queue and apply it only when it's about to expire. That gives you four weeks instead of two to get more X-force covers.
  • JeffCascadian
    Quebbster wrote:
    That's when you keep the Patch cover (and any future ones) in your queue and apply it only when it's about to expire. That gives you four weeks instead of two to get more X-force covers.

And I would have done that if I'd been paying more attention but I just clicked on the cover to apply it without checking. It was completely my fault.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today's Crash.

My Venom is 3/1/1. I leveled him to his current max, 115, to try taking on Carnage. Using +100% all, +50% B/G, + 2 G/B AP.

The first four matches were a bust. I couldn't collect enough green to fire more than twice and couldn't deny the red to stop him scything me.

Match 5 - promising. I got a green match-5 early on and had a lot of yellow matches. He scythed me down to 600 health - I had enough for 3 yellow hits, and with the enemy tiles generated, 3 green hits - almost four if I can get a lucky cascade!

I managed to get him down to 800 health, and one green AP shy of that last power fire which would have won me the token. Instead I got buried by the attack tiles the following turn.

Now out of boosts, I tried 3 more times and didn't even come close. Maybe next time.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Grind grind grind grind through a seven-day event for the CP; open that sweet LT and token_legendary.pngicon_captainamerica.pngredflag.png . Ugh. Guess its' better than Totally Garbage Hulk.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Tried to beat Carnage in CoT and was just one yellow short of finishing him.
  • SnowcaTT
    Five matches.

That's how many nodes are in DDQ.

That is the number of total matches I will play today.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Opened up Unholy Outlaw - faced with a sea of teams consisting of level 360+ characters. Skip. Same. Skip. Same etc.

My highest is IMHB lvl 272, a couple of 4*s at 270, some 1 or 2 cover 5*s and then 3*s

Won't be taking part in Unholy Outlaw then !!

Then open an LT to get TAH icon_e_sad.gif
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slogging through the Gauntlet to get the third and final vault token. Open it only to get icon_sentry.pnggreenflag.png , LITERALLY the only star.pngstar.pngstar.png cover in that vault I didn't need or even want right now. Most of them would have been helpful for my current roster, a few others would make me think about adding them, but not Sentry, not right now. I went 1/3 on pulls from this vault, I suppose a little payback from RNG for having (mostly) decent pulls from the ISO-8 Brotherhood PvE vault.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Setting alarm clock to wake me up 30 minutes earlier than usual, at 6:58 AM, so I can play the LR at 7. Missing the LR seeds because this buggy app won't start on either of my two devices.

Fffffffffuuuuuu icon_evil.gif