Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey...I have time to actually play this LR right! I go into event, and let it sit for 1:15!

2nd match - game crash.
    -Lost all seeds.
    -Lost all ISO that could have been obtained from those seeds.
    -Lost all chance of placement.
    -Lost 1/3rd of all team health.
    -Wasted all that time letting the app sit.

Crashes are a bummer - I still don't know why we can't go into every match with full health on characters.
    Seeds are a bummer - I still don't know why every person doesn't see every seed no matter when they join or what happens to the game state.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eating three Berzerker Rages from an enemy Patch in my first PVP match of the day. I lost my level 302 DD outright, and my champ Cage had a healing time of 5h50m. Two health packs gone just like that. I haven't reached 400.

Why must EVERY PVP match be a blood feud to the death?! icon_evil.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    DDQ LT = Ant-Man.

No closer to the tier that has made the 4*'s worthless, thanks RNG.
    No closer to ISO needed to level anything, thanks worthless sale price of covers.
    No use for this cover since I don't own the Only Character That Matters, thanks again RNG.

Oh, and it reminds me how this character is pretty terrible when not boosted outside of PVE...unless of course you own that Only Character That Matters, who is so incredibly broken that he assists in making Ant-Man abilities much "better".
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Freaking TBE today, now. Muscle in wave 1 paired with a board mover, and then another board mover in wave #2.

Attempt #1: Patch, BP, Bullseye. Lost BE in round 2 to Spidey who used accumulated purple & red (and oh, yeah, Spidey gets fed red in this wave too) to take him down. His purple put the two crit tiles right beside each other which mortally wounded BE; he only lasted one more turn, then I bailed.

Attempt #2: My go-to team of Steve, Cyc, KK. Damn near failed this time, too. Threatens keep resolving. Both Steve & KK down to <1K health before I get some shields going. I won this time - barely - but the post-match health left on Steve & KK are 586 and 477; heal times of nearly seven hours for Steve and over six for KK.

I just... I don't know why everything in this game has to feel like such a scratch & claw, skin-of-your-teeth, Pyrrhic victory, kind of thing.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    pulled green jean grey #7 just now. i need 2 more of the other colours to finish her off.

sure would be nice if i could switch the cover colour...
  • SnowcaTT
    jredd wrote:
    pulled jean grey #7 just now. i need 2 more of the other colours to finish her off.

sure would be nice if i could switch the cover colour...

Boy, that would be nice if they at long last fixed that. Makes NO SENSE to demand you have 113 covers...and the first 13 need to be in the "correct" order.

Pulled a Gwen the other day from my 10-pack to go 5/1/4....which means I'll have a heck of a time beating her DDQ even with 10 covers. And also means very, very likely I'll be tossing out covers left and right before I get 13 covers (and more to get to the right 13, since I am not paying the ISO required to be able to re-spec for free....)
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Argh, someone has cursed my Legendary tokens! A pox on ye!
    I opened two Legendary tokens tonight:
    One: Invisible Woman Green
    Two: Cho Blue

I feel like Ronald in this image. The girl is the game, and she's giving me my token pulls, one in each hand.

ronald-mcdonald-food-slap.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I was in round three of The Big Enchilada and doing very well when the app crashed. That was disappointing. I suspect it is related to the iOS update I did earlier today. On the bright side, though, I healed my characters, tried again, and beat it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    I cracked open 102 hoarded taco tokens from the current vault last night in hopes of getting the red 4clops, red Carnage, or something decent perhaps from the LT.

No 4clops, no Carnage, got the LT! Woot!

Open it to a blue Invisible Woman. And she's already at 13 covers with 5 blue. I've about had it with the RNG nature of this game.

Oh, and that was the only 4* level reward I got from the 102 tokens... no 4* ISO or HP, nothing so cool. Just Invisible Woman. Thanks, Demi.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    All I'm trying to do today is just hit 800 points in PvP without a shield, and I'm done.

Last battle to cross the 800 point line: One last character to beat, they're at 100 health, and it's my turn.

Game Crashes.

Just... ARG! Now I'm down points, out of health packs, and just... ARG!
  • Kirinknight
    Kirinknight Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    RNGesus is a jerk. Had 291 tokens lined up in ddq vault and there were two icemen I needed so thought to go for it. Ended up drawing blank through 266 pulls. Finally got the LT and then one iceman at 267 and 268. Happily got the last iceman on pull 290. Happy ending I suppose but really, why so many pulls? What are the backend stats on vault because it seems to not be evenly distributed.
  • SnowcaTT
    All right, beat that PVE node with CP in it once....four more times to go since it's a 48 hour sub!

Wait, why is it thinking? Oh, it's crashing?

So my team is going to come back with 1/3rd of their health gone, and still have to do it four more times?

Why don't teams come back with full health every single node again?!?
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    The worse moment today was easily when the countdown timer turned yellow on one of two expiring dupe Oml black covers in my claim rewards. Last 40 cp opened and no red or yellow OML to save the cover.

Still got sometime left on the second so not gave up on that one yet. But easily the worst moment of the day and probably since I started puzzle quest.
  • SnowcaTT
    Well, MMR was borked in Sharp Dressed Man, but it was somewhat pleasant not seeing OML everywhere!

Let's apply those DP covers and see how the next event looks....

AW, BACK TO MPQ:OML.

The only character that matters in almost every match again! This game is getting REALLY tedious, and that's saying something in a game built around monotony.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    So I leveled up my 4/1/3 Red Hulk to 131 too see how the crash would go and wound up beating it on the first try. Great start to the day, right? Not so fast ..... when I opened my token as soon as I saw Nova's face I knew it was going to be the 7th red cover for my 5/3/3 Nova and I was right. I was thinking about whether I should spring for VIP again to help support the game but the constant disappointment that random numbers gives me helped me decide I shouldn't. Time to go completely command points only non competitive until my 4* roster is usable.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Opened my 10-pack, and danged if the 2* covers weren't better than the one 3* I pulled (Colossus!). >:|
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Muscle Winfinite.

Because OF COURSE an overscaled Threaten going off will lead to endless matches <.<
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Haha, I had killed two opponents and had just used Ares's Sunder so the countdown was on the board. AI used a Fastball Special team up and threw its last person in the air, so when Sunder went off, it did nothing, and I couldn't hit the opponent for a few turns.

Whoops!
  • SnowcaTT
    Seeing Howard reward pvp ends nearly the same time as PVP.

...I guess that was yesterday, maybe I'll find another for today.
  • SnowcaTT
    There it is....

Joined PVE, looked at essentials: jumped from 150ish to start to 220ish.

If I had an option in every PVE that said "Ignore 5*", and it didn't let me play 5* or 5* scaling...I'd take that option EVERY SINGLE TIME.