Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Second time in a row now, where I think I've got enough points in PvP to earn a 3* cover and toss up a 3-hour shield till the end of the round, only to come in exactly 101st place. Argh!
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Ultron Event:

My alliance is only round 4 atm, and I'm facing Ultron, and he matches a ridonkulous cascade that sets off a number of his bombs on my mostly depleted squad. I wiped. On Ultron. /sigh
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have -never- wiped on 3rd time's the charm (I think I've missed two DDQ's ever). Used to run it with 94's just fine.

144 Thor/OBW/Storm wiped hard today, SW at full health and Colossus still alive. I don't think I've ever seen cascades like that. The second time through I think OBW lost 1/5th of life and Thor had a few health points gone....easy that time. Unreal wipe, that cost me three health packs so I didn't forget to go back and do it.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    beat crash, pulled a turd hulk. thanks for the roster improvement...
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    While I was doing that stupid Invisible Woman node (threaten/caltrops/caltrops/smoke bomb/smoke bomb locked board you can't match without mega damage and can no longer hurt the goons) the game crashed out.

Goodbye AP boosts I needed, since I "retreated" icon_neutral.gif
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I`ve just pulled my 9th and 10th icon_starlord.pngpurpleflag.png (which I can`t use because my Star-Lord stands at 5/3/4).
    Does that happen by chance or on purpose?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    BOP. Balance of Power was a slog when everything went to 4* power...5* power is a nightmare.

Oh, but that's not the worst part. The worst part is I was hoping to see variety in this event. Everyone is maxed! Variety!

You want to GUESS WHO I'M SEEING EIGHTY PLUS PERCENT OF THE TIME? (hint: posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=30058)

Yep, you guessed it! The only character who matters! SOOOOOO many copies of him out there that are under-covered! Oh, I'm hitting them left and right - he doesn't have the health in this event and isn't as scary under-covered. But it just goes to show how HORRIBLY broken this character is, that when every character is of equal level folks will use - to easy to activate red with low-cost abilities. To easy to use yellow all of the time. Both of these abilities need a SERIOUS change to make this character even close to balanced in the game.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Assuming he's talking about OML, the character that makes you a second class citizen if you don't have a yellow cover yet.

Just had my worst moment; two days after I get my 5th red Nova cover the new patch comes out and breaks Rocket Man. 400 damage instead of 4000 makes him unusable.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    This Invisible Woman node in Heart of Darkness may be the most difficult and frustrating node I've ever played. Cyclops one-shots anyone I can bring after two clears, IM40 isn't quite fast enough to get the ball rolling to stop them from running roughshod over me and even if I manage to find a nice board Jean Grey means I can't collect the match 5s. Brutal.
  • Dwarfsteel
    Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker
    revskip wrote:
    This Invisible Woman node in Heart of Darkness may be the most difficult and frustrating node I've ever played. Cyclops one-shots anyone I can bring after two clears, IM40 isn't quite fast enough to get the ball rolling to stop them from running roughshod over me and even if I manage to find a nice board Jean Grey means I can't collect the match 5s. Brutal.

Agreed... Don't think I've ever seen a node that hard outside of a boss fight. Also never seen the AI get as many match 5's as that node. The last wave node is no picnic either.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's see, was it losing the IW essential node outright, as already described, due to its pretty hard design for what's supposed to be an easy node? Or was it having to spend 4 health packs in Blade PVP before I even reached 200 points due to stupid matchmaking (I lost a match at 91 points outright; it is tinykitty stupid that I have to face even-money matches right out of the gate despite having 600+ days in this game and 38 3* champs!).

I think it's break time. Freeze the app on my phone for a week or so & see if I have any desire to come back.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two legendary tokens in a row the RNG insulted me:
    I pulled a blue Flaptain, which made my 1/5/2 Flaptain burst into tears.
    He wasn't weeping alone though, as a Red Red Hulk cover made my 5/3/2 Red Hulk join the pity party.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    missed top 20 in hod by less than 40 points.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    HaywireII wrote:
    Assuming he's talking about OML, the character that makes you a second class citizen if you don't have a yellow cover yet.

Just had my worst moment; two days after I get my 5th red Nova cover the new patch comes out and breaks Rocket Man. 400 damage instead of 4000 makes him unusable.

Mine still says 4418 damage.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Now that Ghostrider story is third time running, I finally managed to beat that last node "Rider awakens" and twice - and forgot to watch how the story ended (skipped)
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Lopan15 wrote:
    HaywireII wrote:

Mine still says 4418 damage.

There's a thread in the bugs section where I put more info and my latest findings. It looks like Rocket Man is doing normal damage against characters but only strike tile plus a tiny bit extra vs goons.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Cascades cascades cascades. Oh my goodness, the AI cascades this week! I can't remember the last time I've seen so many cascades leading into exactly what the enemy team needs to defeat me.

Perfect example: Facing Flaptain and PX in Blade PVP with Green Goblin and War Machine; collect 8 black AP, get ready to hit PX with glider next turn and kill him. Enemy Blade casts Nightstalker, matches into a cascade which leads into a blue match, causing nightstalker CD to go off and stealing my black, then into a match 5 which causes wheelchair to go off, leading into a purple match, which gives him enough purple to cast invisibility the next turn. Come on!!
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Third day buying the single cover daily deal of The Hunt.

Third Hawkeye.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Just got 20 CP again.... just got Invisible women again...

I started tracking my LT since the change in 5* rate about 2 months ago. Since then, my rate for 5* is 5.6% (WAY below what is advertise) while my rate for invisible women is 16.6% (WAY more than advertised).

I have the feeling my game is broken and inverted the 2 rates...
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Webslinger token at 900;
    4*, nice
    X23. Nice.
    However, given that mine currently sits at 4/0/5, you can guess which colour it was....