Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Yesterday, I threw my phone twice in 3 minutes after 2 consecutive attempts at Carnage and the Guard Dogs results in him scything, then immediately matching BOTH of my XFDP revenge tiles, my only realistic way of winning the fight.

Today, less bad, but annoying: Earned 2 Heroic tokens, both pulls were legendary, but for fully covered and under-levelled Miles and IW. RNG giveth, RNG taketh away...
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    A few months back I got my IMHB to 5/4/3 and I think to myself "Sweet! I'll have a maxed HulkBuster soon!" Since that point, most recently yesterday, when I have got a HB cover its been redflag.png . Big deal you say? 7 RED COVERS IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously. The last 7 HB covers I"ve got, they have all been red. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    linkounet wrote:
    Worst moment happened right now

Finally reach top 25 of tex mex pretty hard to reach with a level 94 2 stars roster (I don't know why but can't find people of my lvl)

I'm doing my last game 3 min before the end,

I win, pass the reward and.......

Surprise

I mean really in 3 minutes...

And of course defeat by people with maxed 4 stars, and at least 20 maxed 3 stars

**** is wrong in matchmaking

That is seriously bad considering on the new system. In the old days that was considered normal. Every time you logged on you would get some horrendous message like you have been defeated -276 and you spent the next 2 hours earning back the points you lost while logged off unless you could afford perpetual shielding.

Then they changed it so that you only lost like a tenth of the points so you must have been attacked by everyone and their brother. And yes PvP is the realm of 5* teams and those who don't mind being abused.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing a match in EotS, the AI collected 40AP.

In their first turn. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Having a bit of trouble queuing good matches in Kate Bishop's PvP. I shielded at 840 but couldn't find anything decent to hit when I unshield. I decided to sleep on it, then wake up and hope I queued some better targets in the morning.

Alas, "CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION" has locked me out of the game. In spite of the fact every other program on my computer can connect to the internet fine. This includes Steam itself (from which I run the game) and Google Chrome (from which I can type this message on the forums). Yes, I verified the integrity of the game cache.

A fellow alliance mate has informed me my current score is now 545 points, 50 minutes after the shield expired.

Between this nice server issue and me finishing rank 102 in the Simulator by under 200 points, my belief that elements in the game outside the player's control can destroy their progress (i.e. arbitrary bracketing, the whole PvP idea that a win syphons points from the team you beat, etc.) has been reinforced.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Can't get the recruit token from the last node in eots because it scaled beyond my roster since I apparently didn't earn it the first 23078478120578 times I played it.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    The 5 wave, 9 clear IF node.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Got tied up with family responsibilities and a round of golf and forgot to play DDQ yesterday...checked the calendar and realized the 3* cover was a Daken...and my championed 3* Daken is at 182...meaning 5-10 minutes of time could have gotten me a greenflag.pngicon_x23.pngicon_evil.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Last night, with 15 minutes left of the sub, I ran out of health packs, with seven of the nine rewards of the last node unclaimed. One was the Critical Boosts and the other was the event token (the reason I was repeating that node so much and why I ran out of health packs). I decided it was not worth it and went to bed.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Berserk Al wrote:
    Last night, with 15 minutes left of the sub, I ran out of health packs, with seven of the nine rewards of the last node unclaimed. One was the Critical Boosts and the other was the event token (the reason I was repeating that node so much and why I ran out of health packs). I decided it was not worth it and went to bed.
    I completed that node, and wound up pulling 2* storm with the event token. Made me wish I'd just gone to bed.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    havn't had one of these for awhile. sitting at 979 in hulk. find a winnable match for 27. win it. 14 points...

find an even more winnable match for 74. beat it. -171 while i was playing it.

good lord, there's so much wrong with how that went down.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finishing every node, collecting every single point , including the opening repeatable in EotS, while maintaining t3 and yesterday somehow 90 points below the leaders.. and no-one can figure out how.. losing any chance at t10
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    finished last match of hulk pvp 15 seconds late. finished 51st with 1702. really struggled in many different ways this event. bad push, bad hops. blegh.
  • bbtrpt1
    bbtrpt1 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Grinded this event like crazy (I'm off of work this week). All max clears...... finished 2nd. Missing out on the X-23 red that I need, but at least I get the purple.

I am so burned out now, and of course a new char release starts tomorrow.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Being on 160 points in SW PVP. Using DP and IM40.

Playing a team of SW, Cap Ameri and BP

Watching while on the CPU’s 2nd go they have enough AP for a Reality crush and a Cap Ameri Stun and still have 14 Blue AP left over. Needless to say I was then stunned for the duration of the match having in the end totaled up 3 goes.

When it decides you should loose…
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik wrote:
    Being on 160 points in SW PVP. Using DP and IM40.

Playing a team of SW, Cap Ameri and BP

Watching while on the CPU’s 2nd go they have enough AP for a Reality crush and a Cap Ameri Stun and still have 14 Blue AP left over. Needless to say I was then stunned for the duration of the match having in the end totaled up 3 goes.

When it decides you should loose…
    I comfort myself in these situations by saying, "That's all my bad luck at once!" I'd rather lose hard and quickly than struggle in match after match with bad boards and being color starved. Anyway, still sucks to go through.
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Yesterday in Hulk pvp, I was sitting at 957 points.
    I was planning to play a match in the very last minuts to go to 1 000 and win a champ lvl for my XFDP.
    It was against a HB, Hulk and Rhulk team. And because of Hulk triggering anger multiple times after a big cascade I made, the match lasted a few too much seconds and I won 0 points because the event was ended...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing the Storm essential node in the Hunt. Decided to take along IM40 and Blade. The board was yellow-starved right from the start, so I couldn't get Recharge to fire for some time. No problem, there's enough red early that Blade starts producing strikes. Then I collect 10 purple. Time for the enemy to melt.

Mega-cascade against me followed by Chemical Reaction and Control Shift leaves me with only one or two strikes left, not enough red to make more, and Blade cut down more than half.

Next turn, Photon Blast, dead Blade icon_evil.gif .

Get off a Hailstorm, and a Recharge, but after another bad cascade against me, Onslaught, Chemical Reaction, dead Storm icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

IM40 somehow pulled it off after his Recharge resolved (somehow I didn't lose any of the tiles) but that was just frigging ridiculous.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Played a simulator match. 17 points, not really worth it, but it looked like Free.
    120 Ares
    111 Storm
    144 Widow
    All 2 star.png

So I pump in
    176 Luke Cage
    178 Iron Fist
    200 3/3/5 Hulkbuster. (Because I like getting the chance to use my not-that-great-lacking-5- redflag.png -Hulkbuster.)

RNGesus hates me. And I managed to lose this.

Before getting to Fire an active Power. In the course of this match, I did not manage.
    5 purpleflag.png
    6 blackflag.png
    8 greenflag.png
    9 blueflag.png
    9 redflag.png
    10 tutile.png
    or 13 yellowflag.png

They managed to get 30 Blue, and 30 Green. On their FIRST Turn. I know the game doesn't actually cheat... but sometimes, I wonder if it could just. Pretend. That it's being fair.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Season progression!

Kick to the bluecrit.png #1: Starlord!
    Kick to the greencrit.png #2: 1000 ISO!
    Kick to the redcrit.png #3: 3.5 PVP's to go with no further rewards!