Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    I greatly dislike Kishus. healthpack.png
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    doomette wrote:
    Caltrops. Was the AoE damage really necessary? icon_e_sad.gif

Today mine is Caltrops, yesterday I ran the nodes 6x each and today I'm just skipping the Hood + Caltrops node after one run.

Caltrops should identify -which- guy is dropping it when it is multiple guys.

But that wouldn't help on a day like today. No AOE on Caltrops (or no other goons feeding them) would be ideal.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Just got one shot when a cascade I DIDN'T want triggered every caltrops on the board.

I really hate this tinykitty game.
  • aftarquino
    aftarquino Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    My worst moment was after the last Civil War event.
    Pulled 2 tokens from CP and discovered one "The Thing" yellowflag.png (mine 3/5/4, so it's unusable) in the first token. Opened the second one and... another yellowflag.png
    After 2 days gathered CPs enough to another tokens and another The Thing yellowflag.png
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    My worst was right after my best (for today at least)

got my second HB red from HoD (CL7 progression reward) and decided to pull a classic legendary for 20 CP. i got my 6th HB blue

now what do i do with my 2/1/5 HB?

i stopped counting the number of times i get a duplicate color from legendary tokens (like my 3/1/0 wasp for example). most are useable, but i have lost a Kingpin because he is at 3/1/5.

i guess i just need to hold onto CP and spend it on covers instead of gambling.

icon_e_sad.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DJSquiggy wrote:
    My worst was right after my best (for today at least)

got my second HB red from HoD (CL7 progression reward) and decided to pull a classic legendary for 20 CP. i got my 6th HB blue

now what do i do with my 2/1/5 HB?

i stopped counting the number of times i get a duplicate color from legendary tokens (like my 3/1/0 wasp for example). most are useable, but i have lost a Kingpin because he is at 3/1/5.

i guess i just need to hold onto CP and spend it on covers instead of gambling.

icon_e_sad.gif

tbh you're probably better off gambling unless your 4* coverage rate is quite high. Even if only two in six pulls is useful to you, that's still more progress from 120 CP than spending it all on one cover.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ended up juuuuust missing T100 for the second sub of D vs. MPQ. Due to real life commitments, I wasn't able to start my final grind until about 40 minutes before the sub was finished. I cleared every node except for the initial team-up node and the Venom required node. With about 5 minutes left I was sitting at exactly 100. I had the initial team-up node for about 75 points or the Venom node for almost 500. Only enough time to pick one, so I went with the Venom node.

I ended up failing it (could not get enough purple to feed IF to save my life). I don't know what my final placement was in the sub, but it was probably like 105 or something. I was really looking forward to that 200 HP. Oh, and I also noticed that the sub rewards for HoD are only 100 HP for T50 instead of 200 HP for T100 like I'm pretty sure it was for D vs. MPQ. Boooooooo!
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Realizing Caltrops is still a thing.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    sinburn wrote:

Yep same here with muscles strike tiles that becomes very nasty damage and wiped out my entire team....
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lightning Round began, I loaded my first seed fight, and the board loaded with a match-5. Game hung, hung, crashed. Reloaded, that seed fight was gone, and there were two remaining, instead of the 9 there would have been left had I been able to complete the first seed fight.

I got 1* cover drops from each of the two seeds I was able to play.

Yay!
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    The Cyclops, Jean, Professor X combo on the Essential Hulkbuster and them hitting a triple 5 of a Kind.

49774c23c3.jpg
  • DarthDeVo
    mckauhu wrote:
    sinburn wrote:

Yep same here with muscles strike tiles that becomes very nasty damage and wiped out my entire team....

Man, ain't that the friggin' truth.

I was reminded today why I don't much care for PvP. Two times I was within 20 or 30 points (1 fight) of hitting the 725 level for the 50 HP.

I never got to 725. The last time I was playing a fight for about 30 points. Won it, only to come out and see I had lost over 100 points and was just above 600. No more health packs meant I was stuck with 40 minutes of the event left. I had been T50. I finished at 150, so no Colossus cover or HP for me. icon_evil.gif
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Screenshot_2016_09_22_13_29_23_resized.png
    I need and could use every single one of those 4* covers icon_e_sad.gif
  • DarthDeVo
    Smudge wrote:
    Screenshot_2016_09_22_13_29_23_resized.png
    I need and could use every single one of those 4* covers icon_e_sad.gif

Interesting, my vault is completely different from yours. I just assumed everyone had the same vault.

Anywho, that required Hulkbuster node in Spirits of Vengeance is a friggin' beast. I feel lucky I got the initial four clears. I doubt I'll get the final two.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    DarthDeVo wrote:

Anywho, that required Hulkbuster node in Spirits of Vengeance is a friggin' beast. I feel lucky I got the initial four clears. I doubt I'll get the final two.

I did one clear, hit progression, and nopped out of any more of that abuse.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    It was my own fault. I forgot that icon_storm.png was boosted this morning so went I went in with my favorite team and she was tanking instead of icon_hulk.png . BIG mistake. That combo (them with icon_kamalakhan.png ) requires that he be the one taking the damage.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fell asleep during my DDQ clear -- when I woke up, I was still in the middle of Dat Required Character! I lost out on the Ragnarok cover (OH NOES), but at least the way I clear DDQ, I still got both tacos.
  • auralgami
    auralgami Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Best moment of the day: Beating Elektra with X-23 on my third try when it was down to the wire -- I either win that turn or die.

Worst moment of the day: Opening the LT for a purple Ant man. I have a 5/3/3 Ant Man. This suuuuuuuuucks. Another LT down the drain.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Opening the season 10 pack and receiving... Ten 2 stars. Yes all them were tinykitty 2*s. Yes I'm not the first one to get this, but it still stings real bad. My 31 season streak of at least 1 gold cover in a 10pack has just been flushed down the drain.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    metallion wrote:
    Opening the season 10 pack and receiving... Ten 2 stars. Yes all them were tinykitty 2*s. Yes I'm not the first one to get this, but it still stings real bad. My 31 season streak of at least 1 gold cover in a 10pack has just been flushed down the drain.
    I had this today as well. The fact that I could only use 3 of them in my 2* farm at the moment was an extra slap across the chops.

Then, Fist Bump finishes (had someone in so couldn't check my phone) with me in 11th and 10th on the same points. I'm sure 9th was different points from me when I last looked, so how come they get to leapfrog me? In Story it's the first one to the score that ranks highest, right?