Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    smkspy wrote:
    StarScream wrote:
    Grinding for four days and getting the event token. Lot of health packs used. Lot of headaches. What do I get as a result? Two star Bullseye. Thanks.

Personally, I think that reward should be changed to a 5 or 10 token pack and 1250 iso should changed to 5000 iso and the 15 cp needs to be 25 cp again. It makes zero sense that the final rewards are so bad.

Agreed. Or at least take out all the fluff from the event vault.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting a bunch of useless tokens from the hulk vault
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Spending 2.800 of my hard-earned spideycoin.png for 10 extra pulls of the Venom Bomb vault (I really wanted to get the Medusa cover!) and all I got was a bunch of useless 2*. icon_mad.gif
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sigh. I stopped playing for now, before I ragequit.

All (PVE, Hulk event) matches today have been atrociously slow. Bad boards. Lots of Juggernauts, Dakens, Rags, and Venoms, all having loads of HP to wade through, very slowly (because f- the boards I've been dealt). Lots of bad cascades on AI side, more than usual is my impression. Not just Juggs Crash giving lots of crits and cascades, but regular matches too with match-4s and match-5s left and right.

To top it off two of my latest matches summarized:

First, the 3* Required (Vision) match. Opponents: Venom, Juggs, and 2* Daken. I bring my champed Vision (boosted, level 276) and team him up with XFW (my first and only 4* champ, at level 272) and Kamala Khan (champed, 180). The opponent is scaled at about level 180-190.
    Very bad RNG makes XFW go down from almost max health in about 2 AI turns (of course right after accumulating enough black for a surgical strike icon_mad.gif ). The rest of the match is a nightmare, I can hardly get any blue to make Vision do some stomping, AI keeps spamming unstoppable crashes, chemical reactions, and symbiote snares. Because of the crashes and cascades even if I do get a tile out it often doesnt survive for longer than 2 turns. Somehow I managed to survive, mostly because KK's passive kept her and Vision alive, but also because the AI didn't get much red to perform many headbutts.
    Defining moment is this match was definitely seeing XFW go down so easily against 2 1*s and 1 2* characters 100 levels lower than him. Like, seriously? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I probably shouldve stopped then but decided to have a go at the required 4* match (Moon Knight), especially since I didn't do any clears of that node yet so the opponents (Rags, Venom, and Daken I think) were scaled to their initial lowest level, around 130 or so. Piece of cake for my (3/0/0) Moon Knight you'd say; he was boosted to 199, and I could team him up with some boosted 3* champs. Decided to go for Doom and She Hulk. Not the absolute best synergy, but Doom's purple packs a punch and I could either use blue for Doom to feed into MK's black power, or for SheHulk to steal some Daken strikes. Well...... after the match my 17K hp She-Hulk was down to 5K and MK was down from 10K to 5K (Doom didn't tank any colors).

Defining moments in this match: the AI receiving a free blue match-5 in in its first turn for some Daken fun; and somehow collecting 15 green AP in its first 3 or 4 turns for Rags to burn on a Godlike power.

/rant
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    fanghoul wrote:
    :shock: In the iron man essential wave node, having a board so incredibly low on yellow, I never managed to get him above 5 yellow AP, despite there being 4 waves.

I don't know how many times I have actually fired a sniper rifle before IM recharge these days. It's like there are 8 yellows all scattered about!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hulk PVE.

Nuff said.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Opening my small horde of tacos (122) to get the Strange covers, only managed to get 2, just 1 cover away from champing. Even worse moment comes a while later when I realised the DDQ reward for Strange this cycle happens to give the only cover I have 5 of (he's 4/5/3, based on reward today he's giving the 2nd cover). Looks like champing Strange is going to take a while longer

I could continue hoping with the 10 tacos I get from this cycle, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    That bitter moment when token_legendary.png becomes icon_captainamerica.png

Edit: TWICE!!! IN ONE DAY!!!

FFS

I know I shouldn't complain about getting to 5* covers, but really...
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Doing my two star bank with Wolvie, he's been sitting at 2/5/5 for nearly two weeks!! I have a combination of 8 yellow and red covers waiting to be used. Seriously. Two weeks for a 2 star cover?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tried taking on Witch, FalCap, Fury in Earth's Mightiest.

Big mistake.

FalCap hit a two-match blue cascade on turn #2 (or was it 3?), which dropped Witch's CD to zero so it resolved. Big purple cascade. Reality Crush. Ouch. My own Witch takes a nap. Wind Storm team up. 4hor takes a nap. My Recharge resolves the next turn, so Iron Man goes to sleep too. Ugh.

Fury cast Demolition with the blue while everyone was napping. My 4hor tripped over it after waking up; dead. Retreated at that point.

It just never occurred to me that FalCap's blue + Witch's blue would be so potentially deadly, and the Wind Storm teamup didn't help.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Nearly wiping on a freaking seed team for the IM PVP event after the board dropped him a match-5, which dropped into another, and another, and another. When the smoke finally cleared he was sitting on 20+ red, blue, and yellow. Ugh, glad my team had boosted champs otherwise I would have been doomed.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heroic.

First day - XF/DPXF. Meant to post here - wish I had true healing as my top scaled characters EVERY SINGLE DAY. Wow, using no health packs, actually going 6x on all nodes instead of 4x...imagine if you could -EARN- a true healer that let you do that every event?

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

2nd day - Um....D3, can you really not ever check who is boosted vs. the event? One of your boosted characters this week is KP - and you have to play against him for both CP nodes.

Other characters you have boosted include:
    FalCap (sort of needs yellow which KP steals....)
    Fury (sort of needs yellow which KP steals....)
    3* Thor (sort of needs yellow which KP steals....)

COME ON.

Wasp as the extra help was...not helpful.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    My old phone has a dead zone, so I got a new phone.

Installing MPQ on the new phone dragged me through a 2 hour tutorial, and then wiped out my account. Over a thousand days of playing instantly gone.

I've heard horror stories about the MPQ tutorial user experience, so I put off trying it out on a new phone for over a year. But it wound up being thousands of times worse than I ever expected.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Desperately need 3 daken covers to get him to 144 so I can sell him...can't pull one to save my life right now.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    That moment when you favorite game start and you see that aweful thanos Christmas art. icon_e_confused.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
    Now I know why his surname is 'the mad titan'

I'm clearly not a fan of the character art design in marvel puzzle quest (with some notable exceptions). But at each release I feel like they pushed back to the depth of bad taste.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Purple Reign token from 900k contained a Ghost Rider black. Which I can't use.

Which I COULD have used, possibly, if his progression reward hadn't been skipped.

I wonder if CS will let me exchange for a red or green.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have seven 4* characters that are unchamped but fully covered who would necessitate a champ-sprint if pulled: Miles, PX, Drax, Eddie Brock, Invisible Woman, Elektra, and Mr. Fantastic. My last six legendary pulls:

Eddie.
    Eddie.
    Mr. F.
    Mr. F.
    Elektra.
    Elektra.

I'm hate-champing Venom, but ARGH IT BURNS.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Missed T5 in Unstable ISO-8 by 6 points.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bracket sniping unstable iso for my gf's account while she plays fallout 4 and coming out top 5 even making the 4 star progression.

Meanwhile, I legit play the pve for 4 days grinding away and only come out 23rd.

Gotta love this game sometimes.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The sole 4* cover from the season Heroic 10-pack was Professor X.

Not his purpleflag.png , for once!

No, his OTHER maxed power. His blueflag.png .

Meanwhile yellowflag.png is crying in the corner and looking at "Forever Alone" memes.